The Wall

metaldad

QUOTE (fordgt99 @ Apr 26 2010, 10:50 AM)
I've seen ticket prices $250 or so to as low as $50.50! IF I go it'll be the $50.50 price for me. I don't care who it is, I can't see paying more than $100 for a concert. MAYBE if that price included a shirt/program or other merch.

I skipped the Eagles and The Police's "retirement fund" concerts because of the high ticket prices.

I skipped The Eagles because they suck laugh.gif

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 26 2010, 12:10 PM)
I've seen ticket prices $250 or so to as low as $50.50! IF I go it'll be the $50.50 price for me. I don't care who it is, I can't see paying more than $100 for a concert. MAYBE if that price included a shirt/program or other merch.

I skipped the Eagles and The Police's "retirement fund" concerts because of the high ticket prices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-vwPuiILBc

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 26 2010, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 26 2010, 12:10 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-vwPuiILBc

rofl3.gif

See what happens when you hate on the Eagles!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 26 2010, 01:53 PM)
If the Live 8 show is any indication, isn't Roger Water's voice shot?

When i saw the dsotm tour he was great

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 27 2010, 07:13 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 26 2010, 01:53 PM)
If the Live 8 show is any indication, isn't Roger Water's voice shot?

When i saw the dsotm tour he was great

Yep, not a problem at all.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Apr 16 2010, 02:26 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 13 2010, 12:47 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 12 2010, 06:50 PM)
If Gilmour isnt involved, then i have no interest.

I find tours like these to be lame. Its like going to see a tribute band. The original band is no longer recording, and its nothing but a cash grab. I really have no desire to hear another guitarist attempt to pull of those classic Gilmour solos. The mans tone is legendary. I'm sure they sound fine, but something just doesnt seem right about it.

I agree.

Besides, Waters need to quit doing The Wall. The man is a case of walking depression as it is and doing this only compounds it. Go make a new album and tour with all new music.

His solo albums are depressing and suck, but did like Radio K.A.O.S. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I loved Radio KAOS as a kid! Listen to it now though, and it sounds real dated

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 12 2010, 02:11 PM)
I'll probably sound weird for saying it...but I'd be much more interested if David Gilmour was involved in this.

yes.gif ....it would be nice, but no chance. Waters is too ego-driven

Going to M.S.G. Oct 5th.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 9 2010, 10:38 PM)
I'll probably sound weird for saying it...but I'd be much more interested if David Gilmour was involved in this.

That used to be the case , but now it's David that won't do it.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 10 2010, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 9 2010, 10:38 PM)

That used to be the case , but now it's David that won't do it.

i read the same thing. He does not want to go backward only foward . Shame , i guess we will never see it confused13.gif

We will be at the Sunrise show Saturday night (sold out and they added a second show already which will also sell out no doubt).

We got Floor tickets through the Fan pre-sale (We were selected and they provided a link to purchase 2 tickets on the floor and will call pick up )....we will know in 6-8 weeks where they are...they can be anywhere from front row to 35th row. So a great pair of seats. Face value was $202 a ticket.

My wife has never seen any form of Floyd live and she really beat herself up missing the DSOTM tour in 2007. I don't think she will get another chance so I told her..."yeah it is a steep price but we only live once and it;s only $$$ we will make some more LOL".

It is going to be a great tour. I went to the last Roger Waters tour and the band was fantastic. yeah it's not Gilmore...and I have seen Pink Floyd twice (87, 94). Gilmore shunned South Florida on his last solo tour....and I don't expect to see him ever again. It would be great if they could just put aside their personal differences for the fans but it will never happen.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ May 11 2010, 10:52 AM)
We will be at the Sunrise show Saturday night (sold out and they added a second show already which will also sell out no doubt).

We got Floor tickets through the Fan pre-sale (We were selected and they provided a link to purchase 2 tickets on the floor and will call pick up )....we will know in 6-8 weeks where they are...they can be anywhere from front row to 35th row. So a great pair of seats. Face value was $202 a ticket.

My wife has never seen any form of Floyd live and she really beat herself up missing the DSOTM tour in 2007. I don't think she will get another chance so I told her..."yeah it is a steep price but we only live once and it;s only $$$ we will make some more LOL".

It is going to be a great tour. I went to the last Roger Waters tour and the band was fantastic. yeah it's not Gilmore...and I have seen Pink Floyd twice (87, 94). Gilmore shunned South Florida on his last solo tour....and I don't expect to see him ever again. It would be great if they could just put aside their personal differences for the fans but it will never happen.

I don't think it's a personal difference that's keeping the two sides apart. The comments that Gilmour has made in recent years lead me to believe he just doesn't want to go on tour anymore.

He toured the "On An Island" CD, but it was a limited run. He only did a few cities in the US and Europe.

The two "kissed and made up" for the Live 8 concert, which was something we Floyd fans thought would never see. And, I recall seeing a snippet from the Remember That Night DVD where Roger visits Dave as they were recording the CD. Seeing the two of them talking and being somewhat chummy was quite a sight to see.

As for "The Wall" show....it will very likely be a great production. Roger always puts on a great show. I saw the DSOTM tour a couple of times. Dave Kilminster does a fine job standing in for Gilmour. Of course it's not Gilmour. But, if anyone is holding out for a Waters / Gilmour tour, don't hold your breath. Instead, breathe in the air...and go buy tickets to this show.

QUOTE (Natch @ May 11 2010, 11:05 AM)

As for "The Wall" show....it will very likely be a great production. Roger always puts on a great show. I saw the DSOTM tour a couple of times. Dave Kilminster does a fine job standing in for Gilmour. Of course it's not Gilmour. But, if anyone is holding out for a Waters / Gilmour tour, don't hold your breath. Instead, breathe in the air...and go buy tickets to this show.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 10 2010, 03:13 PM)
I was lucky enough to see Pink Floyd perform the Wall in 1980. This does not interest me.

You WERE lucky. I know I'd give anything to see that show (I was 8 in 1980 and didn't know who PF was laugh.gif). There are rumors (from the Neptune PF site) that maybe, just maybe they're going to dig out the footage and release it on DVD.

Here's my favorite guitarist, singer, song, and guitar solo - a grainy YT video with audio spliced in, but it's the best I've found from The Wall tour.

I don't get the concept of this, so maybe someone could quickly explain what this is going to be...

In my estimation, Roger Waters' voice and bass playing and stage presence is completely SHOT...

So, what is this going to be?

If he puts together what he did in the early 90's when the Berlin Wall came down, then everybody is in for a good time...

He filled up a roster of All-Star talent who all grabbed the various roles in The Wall storyline, and these outside, non-PF, talented performers pretty much carried the entire show...Very similar to what The Who did with Tommy around the same era.

If Roger Waters has set up something like this, then whoever has purchased tickets for this might be looking at a satisfying experience.

But, if it's just his old, boring, non-musical self trying to sell The Wall, then its a debacle in the making that I wouldn't even dream of attending...

So, what is it? Can anyone confirm that Roger has an All-Star cast on board for this thing?

QUOTE (thelocator @ Aug 20 2010, 10:02 PM)
I don't get the concept of this, so maybe someone could quickly explain what this is going to be...

In my estimation, Roger Waters' voice and bass playing and stage presence is completely SHOT...

If he puts together what he did in the early 90's when the Berlin Wall came down, then everybody is in for a good time...

He filled up a roster of All-Star talent who all grabbed the various roles in The Wall storyline, and these outside, non-PF, talented performers pretty much carried the entire show...Very similar to what The Who did with Tommy around the same era.

If Roger Waters has set up something like this, then whoever has purchased tickets for this might be looking at a satisfying experience.

But, if it's just his old, boring, non-musical self trying to sell The Wall, then its a debacle in the making that I wouldn't even dream of attending...

So, what is it? Can anyone confirm that Roger has an All-Star cast on board for this thing?

I have no idea about an all star cast. But he is recreating the original The Wall stage production from the 79/80 tour yes.gif

QUOTE (Jake2112 @ Aug 21 2010, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (thelocator @ Aug 20 2010, 10:02 PM)

So, what is it?  Can anyone confirm that Roger has an All-Star cast on board for this thing?

I have no idea about an all star cast. But he is recreating the original The Wall stage production from the 79/80 tour yes.gif

Well, as far as I remember reading about those early 1980 shows, they were an absolute disaster and only a handful, maybe four or five cities even got to see the show...I have a bad vid copy of one of these nights...

The reason why anyone would want to see those 1980 shows was because it was actually PINK FLOYD performing their newest album, THE WALL.

That's FAR from what anyone will be receiving now, at present...

David Gilmour, the main voice of The Pink Floyd wants nothing to do with Roger Waters, and if he at least was onboard for this thing, then maybe folks could be looking at a good time...since, like I said, Waters voice is completely shot.

But, short of that, the only way that this thing could be salvaged at all is if RW chooses to go with the ALL-STAR route again, like he did in 1989? when the Berlin Wall came down...That was twenty years ago, man!!

Twenty years! The Who did an all-star rendition of Tommy the same year...I have both shows on video and both are highly entertaining concerts...But, if Roger Waters (and his crappy voice) is relied upon to try and carry these new Wall shows, then some folks are going to walk away seriously unhappy...

I can't even see him attempting to entertain all those folks without a major ensemble backing and assisting...So, I am probably right about going with the big cast this time around...

I'm trying to remember who was there to help during the '89 shows and can't really remember, other than Sinead O'Connor...Does anyone else remember who sang and played that night?

I went to the show at M.S.G last night. What a outstanding show . Roger sounds great as does the band . I was talking to some guy at the bar before hand and he told me Waters took singing lessons for 6 months leading up to the start of the tour . He sounds better than when he did DSOTM a few years ago. If you can get a ticket go, you will not be disappointed

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 12 2010, 06:50 PM)
If Gilmour isnt involved, then i have no interest.

I find tours like these to be lame. Its like going to see a tribute band. The original band is no longer recording, and its nothing but a cash grab. I really have no desire to hear another guitarist attempt to pull of those classic Gilmour solos. The mans tone is legendary. I'm sure they sound fine, but something just doesnt seem right about it.

That's fine that you feel the way that you do and for what it's worth, I feel the same way regarding Gilmour being involved. But to be fair, aside from two or three songs the Wall is RW's. He wrote it, came up with the concept, and should have every right to perform it-cash grab or not.

My thoughts, While I blame everything that happened in Floyd on Roger Waters, and he is the reason the group split... I will say the man is a genius.... of which there are few.....the man may not be the best singer, or the best bassist, but he can write and create a song....

But while the re-hash of the Wall is all well and good, I would have much rather seen Waters put out a new solo album and toured that... "Amused to Death" is easily in my top 10 albums of all time.... and I find it in many ways superior to "The Wall"......but that album is almost 20 years old, and other than a few single tracks, we have not seen any solo effort from Waters since.... (not including Ca'Ira)

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 6 2010, 09:50 AM)
I went to the show at M.S.G last night. What a outstanding show . Roger sounds great as does the band . I was talking to some guy at the bar before hand and he told me Waters took singing lessons for 6 months leading up to the start of the tour . He sounds better than when he did DSOTM a few years ago. If you can get a ticket go, you will not be disappointed

This times a million.

His voice was awesome. The production was absolutely incredible. Sound was really really good.

Awesome show.

and who really goes to Roger Water's for the bass playing?

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Oct 6 2010, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 6 2010, 09:50 AM)

This times a million.

His voice was awesome. The production was absolutely incredible. Sound was really really good.

Awesome show.

and who really goes to Roger Water's for the bass playing?

thank u for the review i was getting stfu at all the blah blah blah already