Favorite LIVE Rush Album

rushfan4life

What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album?  

599 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album?

• Exit Stage Left
    • Rush in Rio
    • All the Worlds a Stage
    • A Show of Hands
    • Different Stages

I like them all but DS is my favorite if I have to choose.

Bravado with the extended outro just kicks ass and I can't stop listening to it.

Very very close between DS and ESL.

Went with ESL....they have never sounded better or played better than this peroid. everything was clicking to a tee and they were absolute perfectionist's during this peroid. And they had limted technology during this time as comapred to today. I like the open space organic sound plus Neils use of real wood blocks, chimes, timbles, gongs, bells, Cow bells etc....not to be matched....oh and these songs in particular are just the definte versions for me:

Passage to Bangkok

Beneath, Between, Behind

Jacobs Ladder

Broons Bane/The Trees/ Xanadu suite - the best live Rush recording ever.

La Villa Strangiato - this inspired me to truly pursue writing my own music and finding my own style and sound as a guitarist.

I was introduced to Rush through A Show of Hands, back in 1990. Then I saw the Presto tour (90) and the Roll the Bones tour (92). A few weeks ago, I finally bought Different Stages, which is incredible. Especially the 3rd disk, of the 78 concert in London featuring many of their oldies but goodies. I totally love DS, especially Dreamline, Driven, Analog Kid, the Trees.....I could go on.

This is a great compilation of the best live performances of the band over the 70s and 90s, released during a period of time when Neil was grieving his tragic loses of his wife and daughter. Rush has so many great songs spaning four decades, DS embodies their works through those years.

I said Rush In Rio because it was the first Live DVD I ever saw. On VH1 Classic, as well.

I also love Show Of Hands too. Because of how Geddy looked. He's one of the only rock musicians that rocked the mullet.