Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Oct 6 2011, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Oct 5 2011, 06:54 PM)
Anyone up for DT in NYC? Metaldad and I will be there next Wednesday. atickhum.gif

Dude,

If I had enough vacation time left I'd be there in a heartbeat. Try to take better pics than I did. Once security caught wind of what I was trying to do they were all over me for the rest of the night.

Have fun, gentlemen!! 1022.gif

Maybe someday, MD. 1022.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Oct 5 2011, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (Hear Again @ Oct 2 2011, 09:49 AM)
Anybody notice who recorded & mixed the vocals for the new album and where?

Take Care

Andy Wallace. Don't know where. Who cares where?

From the liner notes........

" Vocals recorded by Richard Chycki

Vocals recorded at Mixland, Midhurst, Canada"

Surely we've heard of Rich Chycki before.

Midhurst is only about 10 min. north of where I live.

I had no idea there was a studio there.

Sorry, I just found that interesting.

Take Care

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Oct 6 2011, 01:57 PM)
really, people are complaining about the production on this album? honestly, it sounds better than anything they've done since Six Degrees.

Yea, I don't get it either. I think the production is one of the high points on this very good album.

http://media1.mm.ticketmaster.com/bowery%20presents/email/DREAMTHEATERECARD.JPG

Edited by tick

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Oct 6 2011, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Oct 6 2011, 01:57 PM)
really, people are complaining about the production on this album?  honestly, it sounds better than anything they've done since Six Degrees.

Yea, I don't get it either. I think the production is one of the high points on this very good album.

The production is very good. I don't get that at all.

How many openers do they have and who?

Going to the show in Pompano Beach 5th row!!!!

QUOTE (Todem @ Oct 10 2011, 11:14 AM)

One and its, Trivium.

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 10 2011, 06:23 PM)

One and its, Trivium.

I thought the opener was "not so good" I'm being very kind with that statement.

DT more than made up for it, it's an excellent show.

QUOTE (MCM @ Oct 10 2011, 09:20 PM)

One and its, Trivium.

I'm just going to skip them. I heard a few of their songs and they were horrible.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 10 2011, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE (MCM @ Oct 10 2011, 09:20 PM)

One and its, Trivium.

I'm just going to skip them. I heard a few of their songs and they were horrible.

Most of the crowd seemed to love Trivium, including the guy in front of me who is possibly the largest tallest man in the city of Pittsburgh.

I just couldn't get past the vocals. Didn't help that the sound seemed to be very bad for their set also.

You're being kind by using the word "horrible"

Dream Theater was great last night! 1022.gif

Feeling a little hungover today. Time to head to work for what will be a long ass day. wacko.gif

Great show last night 1022.gif Now if they would only drop the f-n Drum Solo

C'mon! You mean to tell me you didn't enjoy that?!? At the Morristown show, I stood watching in amazement the whole time.

They'll only have it for this tour, mainly to showcase just how freakin' awesome MM is. Once he has one full tour cycle under his belt, I'm sure it will be dropped.

I couldn't believe how awesome he was... the whole show! The amount of joy he exudes even, as he does a one-handed drum tap twice as fast as I can do with two hands, is phenomenal. He seems to be having such a good time. And, it definitely rubbed off on all the other guys. It's great to see.

As a unit, they were f*cking incredible! James sounded great on everything. And, I enjoyed "Endless Sacrifice" (not a big fan) exponentially more than any other time I've heard or seen it.

QUOTE (cfmoran13 @ Oct 13 2011, 08:16 AM)
C'mon! You mean to tell me you didn't enjoy that?!? At the Morristown show, I stood watching in amazement the whole time.

They'll only have it for this tour, mainly to showcase just how freakin' awesome MM is. Once he has one full tour cycle under his belt, I'm sure it will be dropped.

I couldn't believe how awesome he was... the whole show! The amount of joy he exudes even, as he does a one-handed drum tap twice as fast as I can do with two hands, is phenomenal. He seems to be having such a good time. And, it definitely rubbed off on all the other guys. It's great to see.

As a unit, they were f*cking incredible! James sounded great on everything. And, I enjoyed "Endless Sacrifice" (not a big fan) exponentially more than any other time I've heard or seen it.

The solo was great. The problem is that i have been watching Drum Solos since 1980 and i am just sick of them. I really don't think that anyone in the D.T. crowd has never heard of M.M. Go to YouTube and you can watch all you want. When you have as many songs as they do, Play them. If i never saw another drum solo agian , i would not care, including Rush

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 13 2011, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (cfmoran13 @ Oct 13 2011, 08:16 AM)
C'mon!  You mean to tell me you didn't enjoy that?!?  At the Morristown show, I stood watching in amazement the whole time. 

They'll only have it for this tour, mainly to showcase just how freakin' awesome MM is.  Once he has one full tour cycle under his belt, I'm sure it will be dropped.

I couldn't believe how awesome he was... the whole show!  The amount of joy he exudes even, as he does a one-handed drum tap twice as fast as I can do with two hands, is phenomenal.  He seems to be having such a good time.  And, it definitely rubbed off on all the other guys.  It's great to see.

As a unit, they were f*cking incredible!  James sounded great on everything.  And, I enjoyed "Endless Sacrifice" (not a big fan) exponentially more than any other time I've heard or seen it.

The solo was great. The problem is that i have been watching Drum Solos since 1980 and i am just sick of them. I really don't think that anyone in the D.T. crowd has never heard of M.M. Go to YouTube and you can watch all you want. When you have as many songs as they do, Play them. If i never saw another drum solo agian , i would not care, including Rush

Believe me, I totally understand. To me, drum solos are so self-indulgent. But, having never seen Mangini live before, I was happy. I have a DVD of an old Vai concert where he has a solo. But, it's not the same as live. Now, I can say I've seen him solo. Now, it's time to move on.

The sad thing is that, if you take out the solo, you still only have time for one more DT song. The good thing is that, before this, there hadn't been a drum solo in their set since 1995.