Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

those last two portnoy first era albums are two of my least fav DT albums all around.

so you can why i was a bit upset at first about him coming back.  but i'fe made peace with it since.

Mick

It is not hard to see why

• Like 1

17 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Former singer Charlie Dominici died today.

RIP

Very sad. Played that first album into the ground for almost three years thinking it would be the only one. Was lucky enough to see Dream Theater open up for Marillion in '89 not knowing they were the opening band until I turned the corner and saw them on the marquee (Spelled wrong of course.)

His three solo album projects are very ambitious and they're good for what they are but the last two are a bit too "metal" for me.

Very nice guy too. Bought an autographed album flat when he was raising money for a move or a tour or something. Think he was also in Frankie and the Knockouts in the early '80s.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 1:29 PM, ytserush said:

Very sad. Played that first album into the ground for almost three years thinking it would be the only one. Was lucky enough to see Dream Theater open up for Marillion in '89 not knowing they were the opening band until I turned the corner and saw them on the marquee (Spelled wrong of course.)

His three solo album projects are very ambitious and they're good for what they are but the last two are a bit too "metal" for me.

Very nice guy too. Bought an autographed album flat when he was raising money for a move or a tour or something. Think he was also in Frankie and the Knockouts in the early '80s.

Old school.

I got into DT during the images and words era but did not hear wdadu until later. Would of been cool to have learned of them earlier. 

Seeing them open for Morrilton? Sweet

• Like 1

Kind of old news but I didn't see it here so..

Seems to be going as expected so far. A bit surprised that he says there wasn't much discussion about details before the decision was made so hopefully that will work out.  Seems to project the right kind of attitude about it at least.