Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Sep 16 2011, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Sep 15 2011, 07:08 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Sep 15 2011, 12:50 PM)

(not lewd pics of my gf and I. I'll have a paypal account setup for that. I'm talking about the concert...)

Discount for lewd pics of your g/f without you?

it should be discounted if I was OMITTED from the video footage not her. That's for sure. I only do POV productions anyway, guys. ..

It was a joke. sorry i brought it up.

BTW, Can't wait for Oct 3rd DT AT ROYAL OAK MUSIC THEATRE!!! 1022.gif

I was just kidding... tongue.gif

Looking forward to your concert pics and impressions...

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Sep 16 2011, 08:17 AM)
Well, I finally picked up the album yesterday afternoon.

I haven't had a chance to really sit down and listen to it in full just yet. But from what I've heard so far, I dig it.

'Breaking All Illusions' is still my favourite so far. That guitar solo is fantastic. Love it.

I'm going to put the album on my computer here at work so I can give it more listens through headphones throughout the day.

Ironically, I had trouble finding this album at first. I went to one store and they didn't have it at all. Then I went to another music store...looked all around and couldn't find it anywhere either. Lucky for me, I asked the one guy there and he got me a copy from the back. It was the DVD package, but the price was right, so I was took it.

I was just happy to have it finally! 1022.gif

Are you a Fuckaneers fan?? OMG!! 1287.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Sep 16 2011, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 16 2011, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 16 2011, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 16 2011, 06:52 AM)
By the way, I got a message from, Metaldad. He is a busy guy but he is ok.
He did say he has some issues with the album which does not surprise me cause he is METALdad, not Progdad.

Actually, I am secretly aware he is really Classicaldad, though he will never admit it.

glad to hear classicaldad is ok. 1022.gif

Me too! 1022.gif

yes.gif

1022.gif

I'd like to add that I'm glad METALDAD is alive and well!

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 16 2011, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 16 2011, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 16 2011, 12:47 AM)
I wonder why this band generates so much controversy? Even after arguably the most controversial member has left the fold...

confused13.gif

Its stupid. Dream Theater has just make a fantastic album that by the way, there REAL fans are loving. Does it matter that the haters don't like it?

By the way, I got a message from, Metaldad. He is a busy guy but he is ok.

He did say he has some issues with the album which does not surprise me cause he is METALdad, not Progdad.

Actually, I am secretly aware he is really Classicaldad, though he will never admit it.

Anyhow, I wont make to many assumptions on his behalf. I'm sure at some point he will show up and tell us all what he thinks.

Personally, I think the album is infectious. It is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Glad Metaldad's ok, I miss having him cool10.gif around.

Aye!

trink36.gif

Picked it up yesterday.

I am very pleased.

First 4 tracks just jump right at you. Then the rest I can already tell will grow on me after repeated listens and once I pick up on everything going on, learn the riffs, arrangements etc.

Typical Dream Theatre....which is good.

I am going to the show down here at the Pompano Beach Theatre which is a great venue. 5th row!!!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 16 2011, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Sep 16 2011, 08:17 AM)
Well, I finally picked up the album yesterday afternoon.

I haven't had a chance to really sit down and listen to it in full just yet. But from what I've heard so far, I dig it.

'Breaking All Illusions' is still my favourite so far. That guitar solo is fantastic. Love it.

I'm going to put the album on my computer here at work so I can give it more listens through headphones throughout the day.

Ironically, I had trouble finding this album at first. I went to one store and they didn't have it at all. Then I went to another music store...looked all around and couldn't find it anywhere either. Lucky for me, I asked the one guy there and he got me a copy from the back. It was the DVD package, but the price was right, so I was took it.

I was just happy to have it finally!  1022.gif

Are you a Fuckaneers fan?? OMG!! 1287.gif

Aye!! 1287.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm really surprised MP and all the DT guys don't speak anymore... After 25 years I was expecting at least some e-mails...

I wonder what Mike thinks about the new album and Mangini's performance. I think he played great on the ADTOE, but it's just not right without MP.

Portnoy is being totally disingenuous. He wanted a break to go on his ego trip with Avenged Sevenfold and the band said f**k off. He called their bluff, they said f**k off again and moved on. Good luck to them.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 18 2011, 12:27 PM)
Portnoy is being totally disingenuous. He wanted a break to go on his ego trip with Avenged Sevenfold and the band said f**k off. He called their bluff, they said f**k off again and moved on. Good luck to them.

I agree totally. And while some emails would be nice from all the guys, mikey's the douchebag at the end of the day...

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Sep 18 2011, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 18 2011, 12:27 PM)

I agree totally. And while some emails would be nice from all the guys, mikey's the douchebag at the end of the day...

Hi TDi!! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 18 2011, 10:27 AM)

I have a confession to make!

I like the new "A Dramatic Turn Of Events" better than "Black Clouds & Silver Linings!"

I listened to both albums back to back the other night.

I must say having those horrible Portnoy vocals gone for good is a blessing for this band!

The new album is starting to sound old school to me. Sorry Tick! tongue.gif

This album sounds like it was made 20 years ago! laugh.gif

The only thing that still bugs me is the overplaying of keyboards and I really hate those drum machine parts.

Otherwise it's growing on me, hence my LOVE/HATE relationship with this band is still intact.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 18 2011, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 18 2011, 10:27 AM)

I have a confession to make!

I like the new "A Dramatic Turn Of Events"

The new album is starting to sound old school to me. Sorry Tick! tongue.gif

This album sounds like it was made 20 years ago! it's growing on me,

Edited to just accentuate the important parts. atickhum.gif

I must say diehard Dream Theater fans, there is a connection to "Images And Words" and "A Drastic Turn Of Events."

I just listened to "IAW" and now "ADTOE" just kicked in.

"Learning To Live" goes beautifully right into "On The Backs Of Angels."

The more I listen to the new DT album the more I think that it is a sequel.

"A Drastic Image To The Turning Events Of Words"

I am a lamb to the slaughter........................

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 19 2011, 12:23 AM)
I must say diehard Dream Theater fans, there is a connection to "Images And Words" and "A Drastic Turn Of Events."

I just listened to "IAW" and now "ADTOE" just kicked in.

"Learning To Live" goes beautifully right into "On The Backs Of Angels."

The more I listen to the new DT album the more I think that it is a sequel.

"A Drastic Image To The Turning Events Of Words"

I am a lamb to the slaughter........................

And Lost Not Forgotten is Under A Glas Moon from beginning to end, with tinges of Scenes from a Memory.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Sep 19 2011, 04:17 AM)
And Lost Not Forgotten is Under A Glas Moon from beginning to end, with tinges of Scenes from a Memory.

Someone on Portnoy's forum made the comparison that most of ADToE was made using the song charts for I&W. Not that the music is the same, but the song structures are identical. Pretty awesome I think.

OTBOA parallels PMU

LNF parallels UAGM

Outcry parallels Metropolis

FFH/BAI parallels WFS/LTL

TITL parallels AD