Tick

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 1 2011, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Dec 1 2011, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Dec 1 2011, 10:57 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 1 2011, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Dec 1 2011, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 30 2011, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Nov 30 2011, 01:29 AM)
100% the most boring " unorganic " live act one can witness.....I can't believe people are so obsessed over these guys.

I did like images and words. But I cannot stand the lack of guts live.

When unorganic becomes a word, come back and see us. atickhum.gif

Good day, I'm not about to google search that word to justify my post. I know what It means and If I made it up, thank me - new word discovered = I am awesome.

You are. As is Dream Theater! trink39.gif

trink36.gif - images and words - no doubt is awesome.

And Awake!

I would love to see DT win this award, regardless if I am not a fan of Grammies. The Prog World needs a winner.

It all depends on who they are up against .

Right, if they are up against nitro - it's obviously game over for dream theater.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 1 2011, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Dec 1 2011, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Dec 1 2011, 10:57 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 1 2011, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Dec 1 2011, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 30 2011, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Nov 30 2011, 01:29 AM)
100% the most boring " unorganic " live act one can witness.....I can't believe people are so obsessed over these guys.

I did like images and words. But I cannot stand the lack of guts live.

When unorganic becomes a word, come back and see us. atickhum.gif

Good day, I'm not about to google search that word to justify my post. I know what It means and If I made it up, thank me - new word discovered = I am awesome.

You are. As is Dream Theater! trink39.gif

trink36.gif - images and words - no doubt is awesome.

And Awake!

I would love to see DT win this award, regardless if I am not a fan of Grammies. The Prog World needs a winner.

It all depends on who they are up against .

Megadeth, Foo Fighters, Mastodon and Sum 41

Foos will probably win

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 1 2011, 07:28 PM)
Steven Wilson is also up for a grammy. I don't really care about award shows but it would be nice if they both won. 1022.gif

This is the 3rd time he's been up for that award... Like Steven said, maybe the 3rd time will be the charm. laugh.gif

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Dec 2 2011, 09:44 AM)
And how upset will Mike Portnoy be if/when they win this?

He would loose his mind! He probably is knowing they were nominated for a Grammy. I would love to hear him speak about it.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 2 2011, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Dec 2 2011, 09:44 AM)
And how upset will Mike Portnoy be if/when they win this?

He would loose his mind! He probably is knowing they were nominated for a Grammy. I would love to hear him speak about it.

He must be as sick as a parrot. If they win it and he sees Mike flashing his pearly whites for the cameras with the golden gramaphone in his hand......ooo-eee, would not want to be in casa Portnoy that evening.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=167305

Mike Portnoy's latest criticism is that Build Me Up, Break Me Down is a copy of the Red song Feed The Machine. I just listened to the song and I don't really know what to think. The intro and outro are very similar.

I don't want to start a Portnoy bash-fest but he really shouldn't be talking since Never Enough is almost identical to Hysteria by Muse. If he was still in the band and they wrote BMU, BMD he'd probably say that they were just inspired by the song. Its kind of funny since first he said that BMU, BMD was a ripoff of Surrounded. So technically Red copied Dream Theater and then DT in return copied them. laugh.gif

Yes, the two songs are absurdly similar, and of course, Petrucci was inspired about the Red one and came up with Build me Up, Break Me Down. But someone needs to tell Portnoy to LET GO of his previous band. He's been out of DT for more than a year now, and keeps saying he's doing great and all that, but how come he never misses a chance at a stabbing his former bandmates in the back? If I didn't know the full story, I'd assume he was fired from the band...

I love Mike and almost everything he's played on, but he just needs to stop posting anything related to DT. It's getting more and more embarassing for him at every post.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 19 2011, 01:09 AM)

Mike Portnoy's latest criticism is that Build Me Up, Break Me Down is a copy of the Red song Feed The Machine. I just listened to the song and I don't really know what to think. The intro and outro are very similar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4y3xPe6iVU

I don't want to start a Portnoy bash-fest but he really shouldn't be talking since Never Enough is almost identical to Hysteria by Muse. If he was still in the band and they wrote BMU, BMD he'd probably say that they were just inspired by the song. Its kind of funny since first he said that BMU, BMD was a ripoff of Surrounded. So technically Red copied Dream Theater and then DT in return copied them. laugh.gif

Its all been done before. Does Portnoy that know that Dream Theater has sounded similar to many bands through the years? C'mon Mike.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 19 2011, 09:12 AM)

Its all been done before. Does Portnoy that know that Dream Theater has sounded similar to many bands through the years? C'mon Mike.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 19 2011, 08:12 AM)

Peruvian Skies = Pink Floyd / black album era Metallica

The Test That Stumped Them All = ride the lightning era Metallica

A couple I can't think of right now sound a ton like Muse, too.

Portnoy's posts about DT's recent successes really do sound like he thinks he made a big mistake about leaving the band.

Off topic, but does anybody know if there's going to be a new DVD for their 2011 tour?

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Dec 19 2011, 12:00 PM)

Portnoy's posts about DT's recent successes really do sound like he thinks he made a big mistake about leaving the band.

Off topic, but does anybody know if there's going to be a new DVD for their 2011 tour?

Mikey made his bed and now he's gotta lay in it...

The smartest thing for him to do is be a good sport and praise their new work. If he keeps bashing them it just looks like he's jealous. Fans and dt themselves would respect mike much more if he would smile and stay positive. The way it stands I don't even think death (of mangini) would cause mp to be considered to join dt again. He's building a wall like roger waters did with pink floyd.

"Time wounds all heels"!

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Dec 19 2011, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Dec 19 2011, 12:00 PM)

Mikey made his bed and now he's gotta lay in it...

The smartest thing for him to do is be a good sport and praise their new work. If he keeps bashing them it just looks like he's jealous. Fans and dt themselves would respect mike much more if he would smile and stay positive. The way it stands I don't even think death (of mangini) would cause mp to be considered to join dt again. He's building a wall like roger waters did with pink floyd.

"Time wounds all heels"!

goodpost.gif

In that respect, I think the DT guys have had a completely different approach than Mike's. "Ok, so we have no drummer; let's get the absolute best one available, record a new album, hit the road and get on with it". If anyone should be bitter, it's the guys in DT, and they're not even mentioning Mike anymore in interviews. The only thing they're doing in terms of retaliation is that they're not playing Mike's songs on the new tour, but I'm sure that will change too.

Now i just think Mike is really trying to piss them off . He shut up for a while , but something tells me we will be hearing a lot more from him. He has a few albums that come out next year and this is one way to stay in the news. I still think he really can't believe they went on without him . If he does not shut his mouth , the only person he is going to screw is himself

^^^^^^

I agree, the thing about this whole past year, and his issues with DT that I cannot stand is that he keeps insisting on playing the victim with the whole ordeal, when the split was all his doing...

This whole, DT ripped off said band just make him look like a prick.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 19 2011, 07:15 PM)
Off topic, but is anyone else a member of Dreamtheaterforums.org? I just joined (same username as here) but I'm waiting for the admin to confirm my account.

I am a member. Its an ok board. Lot of young folk that don't particularly care for me. atickhum.gif

The old fogeys like me.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 19 2011, 06:15 PM)
Off topic, but is anyone else a member of Dreamtheaterforums.org? I just joined (same username as here) but I'm waiting for the admin to confirm my account.

I am as well. It's a good forum. Plenty of good music fans, many of whom have diverse tastes when it comes to music.

can't stand DTF. Maybe they've changed in recent years, but my memory of them is a bunch of perpetually fellating fanboys who adamantly love every millisecond of everything Dream Theater related (in fact I believe there was even a rule saying that you weren't allowed to say anything bad about the band or its output -- where's the fun in discussion if everyone's agreeing with each other?).

I was IP banned about 3-4 years ago after receiving three warnings, one for a "personal attack" (can't remember what I said but it certainly didn't justify the accusation), and two for simply MENTIONING that i downloaded whatever was the new porcupine tree album at the time (fear of a blank planet?) -- not even mentioning any sources.

It's not quite as bad as mike portnoy's forums were (again, i haven't been there in a long long time, and i know that Weymolith quit so that probably changed a lot of things). I suppose it's a good source of information and news about the band, but there are much better places in terms of discussion. Dream Theater fans are some of the most annoying people on the internet.

Edited by fledgehog

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Dec 21 2011, 04:02 AM)

can't stand DTF. Maybe they've changed in recent years, but my memory of them is a bunch of perpetually fellating fanboys who adamantly love every millisecond of everything Dream Theater related (in fact I believe there was even a rule saying that you weren't allowed to say anything bad about the band or its output -- where's the fun in discussion if everyone's agreeing with each other?).

I was IP banned about 3-4 years ago after receiving three warnings, one for a "personal attack" (can't remember what I said but it certainly didn't justify the accusation), and two for simply MENTIONING that i downloaded whatever was the new porcupine tree album at the time (fear of a blank planet?) -- not even mentioning any sources.

It's not quite as bad as mike portnoy's forums were (again, i haven't been there in a long long time, and i know that Weymolith quit so that probably changed a lot of things). I suppose it's a good source of information and news about the band, but there are much better places in terms of discussion. Dream Theater fans are some of the most annoying people on the internet.

There are haters there. You can rip apart Dream Theaters music, you just can't make personal attacks against individual members.