Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Apr 17 2012, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 17 2012, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Apr 17 2012, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 17 2012, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 17 2012, 01:27 PM)
My guess is that Dream Theater will record another album and do a full tour with Mangini, and then realize they need to get Mike Portnoy back. I, for one, hope it happens soon! Mangini may have a lot more tricks in his bag, but no drummer in this world has more charisma than Mike Portnoy.

no.gif

MP is over-rated, IMO.

I don't think MP is overrated as much as he's gotten a little stale. I'm no drummer, but it sounds like he does a lot of the same rhythms and grooves (and whatever else) over and over again.

I'm looking forward to Mangini's future contributions.

Gompers knows he is not overrated , he is just mad Portnoy slept with his girlfriend in H.S.

Hmm, so did Gompers' HS girlfriend then audition 7 new fellas and make a video about it?

Wanna buy it ?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 17 2012, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Apr 17 2012, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 17 2012, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Apr 17 2012, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 17 2012, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 17 2012, 01:27 PM)
My guess is that Dream Theater will record another album and do a full tour with Mangini, and then realize they need to get Mike Portnoy back. I, for one, hope it happens soon! Mangini may have a lot more tricks in his bag, but no drummer in this world has more charisma than Mike Portnoy.

no.gif

MP is over-rated, IMO.

I don't think MP is overrated as much as he's gotten a little stale. I'm no drummer, but it sounds like he does a lot of the same rhythms and grooves (and whatever else) over and over again.

I'm looking forward to Mangini's future contributions.

Gompers knows he is not overrated , he is just mad Portnoy slept with his girlfriend in H.S.

Hmm, so did Gompers' HS girlfriend then audition 7 new fellas and make a video about it?

Wanna buy it ?

If you got good quality footage, then maybe.

QUOTE (Tick @ Apr 17 2012, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 17 2012, 10:38 AM)
So, the show i'm going to is being advertised as An Evening With Dream Theater on it's web page ohmy.gif

http://www.artpark.net/content/pages/mains...s-dream-theater

Does anyone know if they're doing a presale for this tour? If so can you please PM the code? This show is reserved seating and I was looking to get up close if I could.

I'm pretty sure ex King Crimson members are opening for all shows.

Actually I did some looking around and the King Crimson project doesn't start until June 19th. So, the first three dates, one of which is the show i'm going to, don't have an opener. So it looks like i'll really be getting an Evening With Dream Theater 1022.gif

no.gif

MP is over-rated, IMO.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2es51deTD1r41unfo1_500.gif

Edited by RodrigoAltaf

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 18 2012, 08:10 PM)

no.gif
MP is over-rated, IMO.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2es51deTD1r41unfo1_500.gif

Keep editing. smile.gif

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 18 2012, 08:32 PM)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzuwjq6hcq1r41unfo1_500.gif

Why would you be?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 27 2012, 12:11 AM)
QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Apr 26 2012, 09:11 PM)
What happened to the Austin date?????  sad.gif

I still see it on their site

Not on the "Tour" section of their site, just in the official release. Also its not on LiveNation and I think all other dates are up....

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 26 2012, 10:26 PM)
John Petrucci posted on Facebook yesterday that they've started writing the next album on the road. Hopefully Mangini will contribute.

Awesome! Damn, that was fast let's hope for a 2 year turnaround for the new album.

Still wish they'd release a DVD for this tour.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 27 2012, 09:03 AM)
John Petrucci posted on Facebook yesterday that they've started writing the next album on the road. Hopefully Mangini will contribute.

Awesome! Damn, that was fast let's hope for a 2 year turnaround for the new album.

They are.

QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Apr 27 2012, 09:20 AM)

They are.

Hadn't heard that yet, thanks that's great!!

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 27 2012, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Apr 27 2012, 09:20 AM)

They are.

Hadn't heard that yet, thanks that's great!!

Artisan News posted a video about it. John didn't say exactly where they're shooting the DVD but if I had to guess, it'd probably be the two shows at the Paramount Theater but who knows really. At least for those who can't make it to any of the shows this leg, we still have the DVD to enjoy. Unfortunately, I would be one of them since I don't have dough to see them because I spent the rest of them on my Rush ticket. The next time they come over (hopefully in support of a new album) I'll make it a priority to see them.

QUOTE (Queslington @ Apr 29 2012, 04:12 PM)
Just got a pair of tickets 12 rows from the stage in Cleveland. The wait is going to be pretty tough. Anyone else buy tickets for this leg of the tour yet?

Row 4 Detroit

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 4 2012, 07:27 PM)
If I had to guess I'd say they're filming the NY shows

I hope they don't film the show in N.J because with the amount of people they will draw it will not look so good for a vid

Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 4 2012, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 4 2012, 07:27 PM)
If I had to guess I'd say they're filming the NY shows

I hope they don't film the show in N.J because with the amount of people they will draw it will not look so good for a vid

They better not film at the PNC because that's the show I passed on because I bought Rush tickets instead so I'm a bit broke at the moment and I don't think I could save enough money in time to see them. I've yet to see them live and I just got into Dream Theater recently even though I've know them for quite awhile.