Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

They booked some cool venues for the Rochester and Lewiston, NY shows but i'm not sure if they'll fill them though. Both the armory in Rochester and Artpark in Lewsiton fit about 5,000-6,000 or so each. When i've seen them on their own they played venues that were in the 1,000-1,500 capacity range. I hope the bands management knows what they're doing here and not overestimating the bands drawing power. Especially when coming to smaller markets like these two.

I will be going to the Lewiston show since that's closer to me but i'm thinking about the Rochester one to.

QUOTE (adace1 @ Apr 13 2012, 10:55 PM)
Plus Adrian Belew/King Crimson is going to open for them!!! I'd love to see this amazing show.

Insane support act.

From Tony's FB page:

It's just officially announced: opening for Dream Theater on part of their Summer U.S. tour, will be The Crimson ProjeKct -- Adrian Belew, Pat Mastelotto, Markus Reuter, Julie Slick, Tobias Ralph and myself. (Yes, the same Double Trio that toured last Fall)

I'll have the tour dates up here as soon as I can, but I see we'll be with them in Columbus, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Kansas City, S.F, L.A, Anaheim, El Paso, San Antonio, Grand Prairie, Richmond, Wash D.C, Holmdel, Boston, Huntington, and Chester PA.

More soon. t.l.

Incredible support act. The masters supporting the apprentices.

But, of course, the apprentices are hugely popular.

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

QUOTE (Queslington @ Apr 15 2012, 03:32 PM)
Does anyone know when these tickets go on sale? I have to see them when they come to Cleveland.

I'm guessing this week sometime. The next US leg starts two months from today so they've gotta be on sale by then. Just keep checking the venues web site and you'll find out.

I'm bummed about the NJ date. I've had tickets to see Roger Waters down in Philly on that same date for like 7-8 months. I'd bail on the Waters if I could since I saw him in NJ back in 2010. Unfortunately, tickets were sorta expensive. Oh well! At least I got to see DT last year when they played NJ.

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Apr 13 2012, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 13 2012, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 13 2012, 01:27 PM)
Sat 7/14 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center

They are not big enough to headline here. Big mistake imo , with 2 shows on L.I. . Might be very embarrassing for them

Maybe not. I saw DT there 10 years ago w/Joe Satriani, very good reception. Sound wasn't very good, though, too boomy and the mics cut out several times.

There's a lot of DT fans in the area, they'll do well.

They played there about 5 or 6 years ago and it was half full . They played the Beacon Theater in NYC which holds 2,400 people back in october and i got seats 2 weeks before the show .

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 16 2012, 02:56 PM)

They are not big enough to headline here. Big mistake imo , with 2 shows on L.I. . Might be very embarrassing for them

Maybe not. I saw DT there 10 years ago w/Joe Satriani, very good reception. Sound wasn't very good, though, too boomy and the mics cut out several times.

They played there about 5 or 6 years ago and it was half full . They played the Beacon Theater in NYC which holds 2,400 people back in october and i got seats 2 weeks before the show .

but at leat the show sold out. Far better turn out than the prog nation shows.

I thought the Beacon held 2,700?

Anyhow. I would love to see them at PNC, but I don't think I'll travel the 2 1/2 hours to be there.

QUOTE (Tick @ Apr 16 2012, 02:36 PM)

Anyhow. I would love to see them at PNC, but I don't think I'll travel the 2 1/2 hours to be there.

Very true . You are prob right about 2,700 , close enough but not enough to fill PNC which is 19,000 i think , not with them headlining

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 16 2012, 03:38 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Apr 16 2012, 02:36 PM)

Very true . You are prob right about 2,700 , close enough but not enough to fill PNC which is 19,000 i think , not with them headlining

I looked it up and PNC holds 10,500 total.

7000 in seats, and 10,500 capacity with the lawn.

I can't see Dream Theater doing any better than 3,500 tops.

QUOTE (Tick @ Apr 16 2012, 02:46 PM)
I looked it up and PNC holds 10,500 total.
7000 in seats, and 10,500 capacity with the lawn.
I can't see Dream Theater doing any better than 3,500 tops.

ohmy.gif i had no idea it held so little

So, the show i'm going to is being advertised as An Evening With Dream Theater on it's web page ohmy.gif

http://www.artpark.net/content/pages/mains...s-dream-theater

Does anyone know if they're doing a presale for this tour? If so can you please PM the code? This show is reserved seating and I was looking to get up close if I could.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 17 2012, 10:38 AM)
So, the show i'm going to is being advertised as An Evening With Dream Theater on it's web page ohmy.gif

Does anyone know if they're doing a presale for this tour? If so can you please PM the code? This show is reserved seating and I was looking to get up close if I could.

I'm pretty sure ex King Crimson members are opening for all shows.

My guess is that Dream Theater will record another album and do a full tour with Mangini, and then realize they need to get Mike Portnoy back. I, for one, hope it happens soon! Mangini may have a lot more tricks in his bag, but no drummer in this world has more charisma than Mike Portnoy.

QUOTE (Tick @ Apr 17 2012, 11:12 AM)

Keep Dreamin...

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 17 2012, 01:27 PM)
My guess is that Dream Theater will record another album and do a full tour with Mangini, and then realize they need to get Mike Portnoy back. I, for one, hope it happens soon! Mangini may have a lot more tricks in his bag, but no drummer in this world has more charisma than Mike Portnoy.

no.gif

MP is over-rated, IMO.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 17 2012, 02:19 PM)

no.gif

MP is over-rated, IMO.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/stylazyn/gomps.jpg

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 17 2012, 01:19 PM)

no.gif

MP is over-rated, IMO.

He is no Travis Barker that's for sure

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 17 2012, 01:17 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Apr 17 2012, 11:12 AM)

Keep Dreamin...

It's true yes.gif

no.gif

MP is over-rated, IMO.

I don't think MP is overrated as much as he's gotten a little stale. I'm no drummer, but it sounds like he does a lot of the same rhythms and grooves (and whatever else) over and over again.

I'm looking forward to Mangini's future contributions.

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Apr 17 2012, 02:02 PM)

no.gif

MP is over-rated, IMO.

I don't think MP is overrated as much as he's gotten a little stale. I'm no drummer, but it sounds like he does a lot of the same rhythms and grooves (and whatever else) over and over again.

cool.gif

no.gif

MP is over-rated, IMO.

Gompers knows he is not overrated , he is just mad Portnoy slept with his girlfriend in H.S.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 17 2012, 02:17 PM)

no.gif

MP is over-rated, IMO.

Gompers knows he is not overrated , he is just mad Portnoy slept with his girlfriend in H.S.

Hmm, so did Gompers' HS girlfriend then audition 7 new fellas and make a video about it?