Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 4 2012, 08:27 PM)
If I had to guess I'd say they're filming the NY shows

I should have said NYC, it makes sense since theyre playing 2 nights at the Paramount Theatre

Why do i get the feeling they are going to play Lost Not Forgotten ?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 11 2012, 09:50 AM)

Probably because there's been a lot of videos in Jordan Rudess' Twitter with him practicing this song?

Lost Not Forgotten was the first song to stand out for me off the new release...I hope they play it when I see them!

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 11 2012, 10:03 AM)

Probably because there's been a lot of videos in Jordan Rudess' Twitter with him practicing this song?

Lost Not Forgotten was the first song to stand out for me off the new release...I hope they play it when I see them!

I had no idea about the vids . I think that because that is the only song from the new album i hear on X-m radio now. I thought it was the new single. It has been my fav song from the album since i heard it.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 11 2012, 10:07 AM)

I had no idea about the vids . I think that because that is the only song from the new album i hear on X-m radio now. I thought it was the new single. It has been my fav song from the album since i heard it.

Have you noticed how similar it is to Under a Glass Moon?

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 11 2012, 11:01 AM)

Yes, I have. It's not a bad song to take infuence from and it resulted in one of the best songs on the new album. That and Bridges In The Sky are my favorites. During their European tour they added in 6:00 to the set. I love that song and I hope they keep it for this go around to.

They will play it. I'm not sure if they'll play it at every show, but it is confirmed that they will play it during this leg of the tour. The band put out a contest last month for fans to submit a video for the song which will be used as a live projection during the song.

This was the winning video for the contest.

QUOTE (Spindrift82 @ Jun 12 2012, 08:00 AM)
I'm going to go see them on the 25th. Should be a great show!

Still loving the new album.

1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 11 2012, 09:16 PM)

Yes, I have. It's not a bad song to take infuence from and it resulted in one of the best songs on the new album. That and Bridges In The Sky are my favorites. During their European tour they added in 6:00 to the set. I love that song and I hope they keep it for this go around to.

Yeah man, 6:00 is a great song!

One thing though, if you look for recent live clips of them playing this on YouTube it seems James is trying to do more than is necessary for the choruses and it kind of ruins it a bit. Just stick to how it is, that's what makes it so good!

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THEY WAA AAA ANNNT!!

'TIL THEY FINALLYEEEE LET IT ALL GO OH OHHHH!!!!

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 13 2012, 06:57 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 11 2012, 09:16 PM)

Yeah man, 6:00 is a great song!

One thing though, if you look for recent live clips of them playing this on YouTube it seems James is trying to do more than is necessary for the choruses and it kind of ruins it a bit. Just stick to how it is, that's what makes it so good!

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THEY WAA AAA ANNNT!!

'TIL THEY FINALLYEEEE LET IT ALL GO OH OHHHH!!!!

BUT DON'T CUT YOUR LOSSES TOO SOON

'CAUSE YOU'LL ONLY BE CUTTING YOUR THROAT!!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 13 2012, 08:13 AM)
6:00 is a GREAT song to add to the current set. And honestly, I hope they stop the "Portnoy songs boycott" soon...

The Root Of All Evil, War Inside My Head and The Test That Stumped Them All have been regulars in the set for this tour. So i'm not sure how much of a "boycott" they're doing with Portnoy material confused13.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 13 2012, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 13 2012, 08:13 AM)
6:00 is a GREAT song to add to the current set. And honestly, I hope they stop the "Portnoy songs boycott" soon...

The Root Of All Evil, War Inside My Head and The Test That Stumped Them All have been regulars in the set for this tour. So i'm not sure how much of a "boycott" they're doing with Portnoy material confused13.gif

oops.gif Really? Looks like I haven't been following their setlists from a close range anymore...

When they started the tour though, didn't they avoid all songs written by Portnoy? At least that was my impression.

Lately I have realized that my interest in their latest albums BEFORE ADTOE has grown, and I guess it means that it takes time to fully absorb the amount of inormation when a new album comes out. Last year I finally fell in love with BCSL, and over the past few weeks it's been all about SysChaos.

So far I think ADTOE is an OK album, but maybe in a few years/months I'll be posting here about how great I think it is...watch this space! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

The only Portnoy song they'll probably never play would probably be The Best of Times, other than that I think they're all possible.

I would really like to see them play all 5 songs in the AA suite, with a giant picture of Portnoy up on the Jumbo-tron laugh.gif

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 13 2012, 09:28 AM)
over the past few weeks it's been all about SysChaos.

Some songs on SC are really great, for me In the Presence of Enemies 1&2 are worth the price of the disc by themselves.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 13 2012, 10:36 AM)
The only Portnoy song they'll probably never play would probably be The Best of Times, other than that I think they're all possible.

I would really like to see them play all 5 songs in the AA suite, with a giant picture of Portnoy up on the Jumbo-tron laugh.gif

I would add Change of Seasons to songs they wont do list.... It would be awkward for them to do that without Mike considering the subject matter.