Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (Gompers @ Feb 12 2012, 08:53 PM)
QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Feb 12 2012, 09:28 PM)
If the assholes who run the Grammy so called "music" awards didn't attempt to smash together Hard Rock and Metal, Dream Theater would have won for sure. But the fact that they included the f***ing Foo Fighters in the same award (not that I HATE the Foo Fighters they are just WAY overrated) completely screwed up the whole thing. I never watch the Grammys for this reason. And the fact that they didn't even televise this award is just another stab in the back to any METAL fan. I'd like to see any of those fake pop artists who are going to come away with at least 5 awards tonight try to even speak with DT about music. Also I'd like to point out that while most of the rich liberal jerkoffs who claim to make music were out getting drunk and partying, pretending they know what music is, the members of DT were with their families.
rantoff.gif  b_sigh.gif

You expected something different? Really? Maybe DT should write songs that appeal to the masses if they want a Grammy.

That is NOT a DT slam, btw,

They tried that on F I I , didn't work then laugh.gif

Mike Mangini is doing Drum clinics in May and June. Why are they not touring then ?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 13 2012, 12:22 PM)
Mike Mangini is doing Drum clinics in May and June. Why are they not touring then ?

Strange...I thought they'd be doing the South American leg of the current tour in May/June. In the meantime, LaBrie is working on another solo album. Shouldn't they be focusing on touring the hell out of ADTOE?

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Mar 13 2012, 12:26 PM)
LaBrie is working on another solo album. Shouldn't they be focusing on touring the hell out of ADTOE?

yes.gif James working on a solo album Now says to me, that album/tour is not doing so well

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 13 2012, 02:27 PM)
They said in an interview that they'll be touring in the spring and will possibly come back to North America in the summer.

ohmy.gif I'd like to see them again at pine knob... (DTE)

I was listening to "The Majesty Demos" today, and was thinking why was some of this stuff not re-recorded and released on the debut album? Tracks like Another One, A Vision, and Vital Star are all better than half of the songs from the debut album... (demo quality aside) Edited by The Owl

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 13 2012, 06:00 PM)
I was listening to "The Majesty Demos" today, and was thinking why was some of this stuff not re-recorded and released on the debut album? Tracks like Another One, A Vision, and Vital Star are all better than half of the songs from the debut album... (demo quality aside)

I know!!! I sa them play Another Won in Tokyo, and thought the same thing. Similarly, some of the B sides from FII are way, way better than some of the songs on the album.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 13 2012, 06:00 PM)
I was listening to "The Majesty Demos" today, and was thinking why was some of this stuff not re-recorded and released on the debut album? Tracks like Another One, A Vision, and Vital Star are all better than half of the songs from the debut album... (demo quality aside)

Dominici wasn't able to sing a lot of those songs. In fact, at the audition he bombed on the Majesty stuff and basically was sure he wouldn't get the gig. He requested they play him some of the new material they were working on to sing instead (The Ones Who Help To Set The Sun and A Fortune In Lies, I believe) and they liked his take on those songs so much that they recruited him as their singer, which effectively stopped any Majesty stuff from being played again with him in the band (except for an edited 'A Vision').

They only played live with Dominici a couple of times and the sets consisted of WDADU, To Live Forever, the edited A Vision, an embryonic Metropolis, and covers.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 13 2012, 01:27 PM)
Sat 7/14 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center

They are not big enough to headline here. Big mistake imo , with 2 shows on L.I. . Might be very embarrassing for them

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 13 2012, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 13 2012, 01:27 PM)
Sat 7/14 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center

They are not big enough to headline here. Big mistake imo , with 2 shows on L.I. . Might be very embarrassing for them

Maybe not. I saw DT there 10 years ago w/Joe Satriani, very good reception. Sound wasn't very good, though, too boomy and the mics cut out several times.

There's a lot of DT fans in the area, they'll do well.