Rosalynn Carter has died

BastillePark

I'm guessing that Jimmy will soon follow her.  Long-time spouses can and do willfully follow each other into the Great Beyond.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I'm guessing that Jimmy will soon follow her.  Long-time spouses can and do willfully follow each other into the Great Beyond.  

He's been on hospice care for over a year, think he has been holding on for her.  It was just a couple of days ago they announced she was going to hospice too.  At least she was at home with loved ones around her.  Bless them both for all the work they have done for so many people, truly caring individuals.  It makes me smile when I think of my relatives from Georgia who were so happy when Jimmy was elected.  They both exemplified "love thy neighbor" in deeds not words only.  RIP :rose:

• Like 3

Such a beautiful human being.  She and her husband have always been high on my list of Most Admirable Human Beings 

:rose:

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

I also think that President Carter is not long for this world either. And his time just got shorter.  He'll probably die of a broken heart. :(

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Happened to my grandparents early this year. Married 66 years, grandpa only survived six weeks after grandma. It is possible to die of a broken heart.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Happened to my grandparents early this year. Married 66 years, grandpa only survived six weeks after grandma. It is possible to die of a broken heart.

Carrie Fisher and her mom Debby Reynolds come to mind. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigMontanaSKY said:

Let's be grateful we had them leading a nation.

This ^^^ Absolutely.  Carter was the only Presidential candidate I have done phone banking for and I admired them both very much .