Geddy Announces 'In Conversation' Tour!

Jag2112

14 hours ago, blueschica said:

Here's a photo someone posted of the New York march available-  not sure how it translates to your prices, but $90.00 for a hoodie is insane, 40.00 for a hat is pricey as well.    The rest kind of look like standard concert prices. Maybe there will be bootlegs in the parking lot!  :wink:

OX00tcZh.jpg

I thought the apparel designs sucked but I got the baseball cards to go with the Vapor Trails baseballs I guess. Thought the litho was very well done and now I need to find a frame and somewhere to hang it.

• Like 1

Boston was fun! Didn't get to ask him a question or get book signed like I was hoping, but oh well. Mentioned after the book stuff, there's a possibility that he and Alex may write some more music together but no promises. He also said Alex is dealing with his own stuff medically? Didn't like the sound of that.

Edited by Charlotte7598
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ytserush said:

I thought the apparel designs sucked but I got the baseball cards to go with the Vapor Trails baseballs I guess. Thought the litho was very well done and now I need to find a frame and somewhere to hang it.

If the UK stuff is the same I might buy the 'coloured' t-shirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2023 at 4:41 AM, blueschica said:

Here's a photo someone posted of the New York march available-  not sure how it translates to your prices, but $90.00 for a hoodie is insane, 40.00 for a hat is pricey as well.    The rest kind of look like standard concert prices. Maybe there will be bootlegs in the parking lot!  :wink:

OX00tcZh.jpg

I'll probably go for a t-shirt.

• Like 1

Up early in Boston watching the dawn approaching Southie from our hotel room. Also looking at my Boston building co-workers starting to arrive as they are just 5 stories below my window. I parked my car in their lot and saved 50 bucks. 

The show was enjoyable last night. We had a nice pre-show dinner at a little Irish place called Emmet’s and then walked down the hill by Boston Common to the show.  A woman who had just come from Rushcon, sat next to me and was already quite wasted and getting annoying. Since the seating is incredibly cramped, my wife and I moved to an open area, as there was tons of room in the balcony. The Red Sox organist was warming up the crowd, and Eric McCormack from Will and Grace was the celebrity interviewer. My wife was more excited about him than Geddy:wub:

I kept thinking of how incredible it would have been to see the Hemispheres tour there from the mezzanine January ‘79. I think I found a boot on YouTube from that night, so I’ll give it a listen. The only story from the show I’ll share is that in the beginning of Witch Hunt, you can apparently hear Neil yell “It’s not a f***ing football!” during the mob rant. That story came from a question submitted by “Alex from Canada”. It came with a pic of Alex with a filter that distorted his face to make him look like a pig from Angry Birds.

Overall, a very nice experience, if it turns out to be the last time I see Geddy onstage. 

• Like 3

On 11/17/2023 at 8:41 PM, blueschica said:

OX00tcZh.jpg

Tool shirts on their current tour are $50 so I guess $45 isn't terrible. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, edhunter said:

Up early in Boston watching the dawn approaching Southie from our hotel room. Also looking at my Boston building co-workers starting to arrive as they are just 5 stories below my window. I parked my car in their lot and saved 50 bucks. 

The show was enjoyable last night. We had a nice pre-show dinner at a little Irish place called Emmet’s and then walked down the hill by Boston Common to the show.  A woman who had just come from Rushcon, sat next to me and was already quite wasted and getting annoying. Since the seating is incredibly cramped, my wife and I moved to an open area, as there was tons of room in the balcony. The Red Sox organist was warming up the crowd, and Eric McCormack from Will and Grace was the celebrity interviewer. My wife was more excited about him than Geddy:wub:

I kept thinking of how incredible it would have been to see the Hemispheres tour there from the mezzanine January ‘79. I think I found a boot on YouTube from that night, so I’ll give it a listen. The only story from the show I’ll share is that in the beginning of Witch Hunt, you can apparently hear Neil yell “It’s not a f***ing football!” during the mob rant. That story came from a question submitted by “Alex from Canada”. It came with a pic of Alex with a filter that distorted his face to make him look like a pig from Angry Birds.

Overall, a very nice experience, if it turns out to be the last time I see Geddy onstage. 

Quite a few of those Rushcon women wear DAF as a badge of honour. (D being "drunk")

• Haha 2

DONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great evening in Cleveland (even though some of you booed the mentions of my city of Pittsburgh, the home of Neil's 1st show!!!!).

I picked up the 5-card baseball card set for the fun of it.  Seemed like a different kind of memento than the usual article of clothing.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, zappafrank said:

DONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great evening in Cleveland (even though some of you booed the mentions of my city of Pittsburgh, the home of Neil's 1st show!!!!).

I picked up the 5-card baseball card set for the fun of it.  Seemed like a different kind of memento than the usual article of clothing.

$5 a card was bit on the high side for me but I thought it was a cool idea and it was well designed so I went for it. I really wanted an article of clothing (Take my money!) but the art was lacking.

1 hour ago, JARG said:

The Seattle show was fun. Krist Novoselic was the guest interviewer.

It was pretty clear he isn't a professional interviewer but he did a passable job. I thought he talked too much about himself and his life. He also had some tangential comparisons and off the wall references. 

That's the first time I've been in that theater and it's beautiful. We were in the first balcony and the view was great. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

It was pretty clear he isn't a professional interviewer but he did a passable job. I thought he talked too much about himself and his life. He also had some tangential comparisons and off the wall references. 

That's the first time I've been in that theater and it's beautiful. We were in the first balcony and the view was great. 

I've been to the Moore a handful of times and is roughly the same size venue in which I first saw Rush. Of all the times I've been to the Moore, I've never seen the line snake around the block as it did last night.

Yeah, Novaselic wasn't a particularly good interviewer, but I did enjoy him telling stories about himself. My only awareness of him is as "the bassist in Nirvana", so it was nice to get to "know" him on a deeper level.

Edited by JARG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Had first row in the balcony at my show. Clear view and a very relaxing evening.

• Like 3

I'm just back from the first show in the UK leg of the 'in conversation' tour. (Wolverhampton 10th Dec.)

Guest interviewer was Nicky Wire (Manic Street Preachers)

I had a front row seat in the circle right at the side of the stage so it was a real good, close up view.

A thoroughly good night all round with a nice little tour booklet handed out upon entry.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, zepphead said:

I'm just back from the first show in the UK leg of the 'in conversation' tour. (Wolverhampton 10th Dec.)

Guest interviewer was Nicky Wire (Manic Street Preachers)

I had a front row seat in the circle right at the side of the stage so it was a real good, close up view.

A thoroughly good night all round with a nice little tour booklet handed out upon entry.

Glad it was worth the trip, looked a good turnout from the audience selfie :smile:

Nicky's a big fan, hope he wasn't too starstruck to do the interview :laugh:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Glad it was worth the trip, looked a good turnout from the audience selfie :smile:

Nicky's a big fan, hope he wasn't too starstruck to do the interview :laugh:

Nicky did ok .... clearly a fanboy but I thought the interview flowed well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zepphead said:

Nicky did ok .... clearly a fanboy but I thought the interview flowed well.

Yep, I agree I thought Nicky did well 👍

( 🤔 TBH I preferred his approach to Phil Wilding’s , who hosted the Q&A section in the the 2nd part of the show … Phil I thought was trying a little bit too hard to be funny, when I wanted to listen to more as to what Geddy had to say ) 

Edited by Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios
Typo + more info
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Yep, I agree I thought Nicky did well 👍

( 🤔 TBH I preferred his approach to Phil Wilding’s , who hosted the Q&A section in the the 2nd part of the show … Phil I thought was trying a little bit too hard to be funny, when I wanted to listen to more as to what Geddy had to say ) 

Yeah.... totally agree re the Q&A bit. But overall a jolly fine night in a rainy Wolverhampton!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Alex’s turn next ! 🤞🤞🤞

:alex:

Maybe next time it will be Geddy AND Alex ....... perhaps playing music?? .... Only sayin'!!!!!:smile:

• Like 2