Geddy Announces 'In Conversation' Tour!

Jag2112

No prices.  This is probably going to be expensive, and his people are likely counting on the 'impulse purchase' rather than turn people off with a big number up front.

• Like 1

This is probably one of the more definitive statements he's made about his future since Neil died: 

"There was always unfinished business: the next record, the next set design, the next tour. It’s been the theme of my life. But you need a lot more determination to proceed in the world of music without the comfort of your bandmates, and I can only hope that finishing this book will release me to return to what I do and love best.”

Here's hoping he has some more solo stuff in the tank. It'd be a shame for him to get so into bass collecting during the band's last year and never put some of them to record. Though I'm just being selfish. I'll support the man with whatever he wants to do.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Here's hoping he has some more solo stuff in the tank. It'd be a shame for him to get so into bass collecting during the band's last year and never put some of them to record.

Agreed, but at least we got to see and hear several of them on the last tour. I was a little surprised to see him travel with so many vintage collectible instruments.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

This is probably one of the more definitive statements he's made about his future since Neil died: 

"There was always unfinished business: the next record, the next set design, the next tour. It’s been the theme of my life. But you need a lot more determination to proceed in the world of music without the comfort of your bandmates, and I can only hope that finishing this book will release me to return to what I do and love best.”

Here's hoping he has some more solo stuff in the tank. It'd be a shame for him to get so into bass collecting during the band's last year and never put some of them to record. Though I'm just being selfish. I'll support the man with whatever he wants to do.

I'm not being snarky - I would love it (if he is going to make new music) if he also felt released from having to sing in his upper register with his "Rush" voice.  Hearing him sing in a comfortable range on new music would be aweseome.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rush Didact said:

I'll be going when a Toronto date is announced, regardless of cost. (Unless it's truly obscene, anyways.)

Any idea what qualifies someone for the pre-sales for these? Is subscribing to the rush.com newsletter enough?

Good question!  On the page that a friend sent to me, there were a bunch of American Express ads for perks all over.  I wonder if there will be an Am Ex presale code?  I'll have to keep peeping next Friday when the UK tickets go on sale. Bruce Dickinson did something very similar in 2022 and 2023; I think prices for that were like $40.00 to $90.00.  I would imagine Ged could charge more.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

this is what i was hoping for, just need it to happen over here now.

oh, so apparently it says North American dates to follow. one would probably assume ny, la and some others?

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

….and I can only hope that finishing this book will release me to return to what I do and love best.”

…..which is watch baseball games!!  :biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, blueschica said:

Good question!  On the page that a friend sent to me, there were a bunch of American Express ads for perks all over.  I wonder if there will be an Am Ex presale code?  I'll have to keep peeping next Friday when the UK tickets go on sale. Bruce Dickinson did something very similar in 2022 and 2023; I think prices for that were like $40.00 to $90.00.  I would imagine Ged could charge more.

Definitely a little apprehensive about what this is going to cost. Suppose it's possible it includes a copy of the book. There are ways to get creative with this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ytserush said:

Definitely a little apprehensive about what this is going to cost. Suppose it's possible it includes a copy of the book. There are ways to get creative with this.

According to this link the book is included with your ticket...

https://www.loudersound.com/news/geddy-lee-announces-uk-spoken-word-tour-for-december

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lurkst said:

According to this link the book is included with your ticket...

https://www.loudersound.com/news/geddy-lee-announces-uk-spoken-word-tour-for-december

Geddy's BBB book I could hold out on, until I went to the book signing, but biographies are my absolute favorites.  I am hoping I will end up with two, it would be worth it to go to the lecture event.  I want to read it right away in November!  I hope there is an  Effin Life event near us.  Going to Philadelphia for his book signing in the summer wasn't bad, but the place it was held is closed now and getting to Philly is harder during the winter months.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I am thinking about going to the Glasgow event. I see it mentions a presale next Thursday.... not sure what the criteria is for that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I know it was quite some time ago, but I really like My Favorite Headache. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

At these prices I don't think you need to worry about it selling out...

https://www.glasgowconcerthalls.com/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?event=1/geddy-lee-my-effin-life

Eh, it's a lot cheaper than most big name concerts these days.  It'll sell.  I would assume Ged's people have done some market research.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rush Didact said:

Eh, it's a lot cheaper than most big name concerts these days.  It'll sell.  I would assume Ged's people have done some market research.

Hope they have. For comparison Graham Nash was playing the same venue this week and tickets were around £45 - £65. Didn't include a book mind you, but he was actually performing.

• Like 1

OK, not to sound all elitist about this but do you not understand that this is a chance to listen to Geddy just sit and talk about his experiences with the boys? That's not worth any kind of money to you? You really want  hear him sing again after the way he sounded at the end of the tours?

these are going to sell out.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Laurabw said:

OK, not to sound all elitist about this but do you not understand that this is a chance to listen to Geddy just sit and talk about his experiences with the boys? That's not worth any kind of money to you? You really want  hear him sing again after the way he sounded at the end of the tours?

these are going to sell out.

Oh don't worry I'll be there. I'm just not sure there's enough rabid Rushheads across the UK who'll be prepared to shell out for these tickets. I'll happily be proved wrong though :smile:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Lurkst said:

At these prices I don't think you need to worry about it selling out...

https://www.glasgowconcerthalls.com/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?event=1/geddy-lee-my-effin-life

I have made a slight change of plan. I'm now aiming for the date in Wolverhampton on 10th Dec. We'll fly over on 9th and go visit the grandkids in Malvern and then travel to Wolverhampton on 10th. Flights and hotels are booked so all I need to do now is secure a ticket!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, zepphead said:

I have made a slight change of plan. I'm now aiming for the date in Wolverhampton on 10th Dec. We'll fly over on 9th and go visit the grandkids in Malvern and then travel to Wolverhampton on 10th. Flights and hotels are booked so all I need to do now is secure a ticket!

Wait, you FLY places within the UK?? Can't you drive or take a train anywhere in the country within a couple hours?

Sorry, this is coming from a Canadian perspective, where any drive you can do within a single day is considered short. Unless I'm going to another province it would never occur to me to use a plane.

Edited by Rush Didact
  • Like 2

You know...I was wrong.  ~$150 bucks for this kind of forum with the guy is pretty reasonable, given what it is.   If he swings by anywhere near my area, I'd probably go.   I was expecting a $300 or $400 thing.  Happy to see that it's priced reasonably.  

I converted from the 124.32 Euro at the current FOREX to get to ~$150.   

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rush Didact said:

Wait, you FLY places within the UK?? Can't you drive or take a train anywhere in the country within a couple hours?

Sorry, this is coming from a Canadian perspective, where any drive you can do within a single day is considered short. Unless I'm going to another province it would never occur to me to use a plane.

I believe zepphead lives on the Emerald Isle, a bit difficult driving from there in a couple of hours :biggrin:

• Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 1:31 PM, Timbale said:

I'm not being snarky - I would love it (if he is going to make new music) if he also felt released from having to sing in his upper register with his "Rush" voice.  Hearing him sing in a comfortable range on new music would be aweseome.

He already sang in a comfortable range. It was on an album called Presto that everybody loves to crap on here. 

• Like 2