How do you do a Pantera reunion without Dimebag and Vinnie? Phil and Rex have called in Zakk Wylde and Charlie Benante?

Well... you know. Nah, this is a good thing. It took me a little while to process, but honestly this sounds like a fantastic time. I hope I can go.

Phil has been touring with Down in Europe the last few months.   I think he want to keep going and Pantera is the perfect outlet.

It's going to be tough to replace Vinnie and Dimebag for true Pantera fans.

• Like 1

I think it would have made more sense for them to give this a different name.

Then again, I am not a Pantera fan (I am not convinced they were that much different than Led Zeppelin in a very real sense).

If it wasn't called Pantera and all they played was Pantera songs, that would be seen under a totally different light by the fans. Without the Abbott brothers, they shouldn't call it that.

• Like 2

I like Zack Wylde as a player but nobody can do Dime's playing justice. On the other hand, Charlie Benante is as good of a drummer as you can get and can probably play Vinny's stuff better than Vin could. Still, this whole thing shouldn't be done under the Pantera name. Call it Vulgar Display or Stronger Than All since it's pretty much just a tribute act.

• Like 2

I was surprised to see that today as well.   I think they will do it about as well as can be done , but yeah, it will be strange without Dime and Vinnie.  I guess they could call it something else, but as the Rossington Collins band found out, a lot more people turn out to see a band called Lynyrd Skynyrd, and I'm sure it is the same with Pantera.

• Like 1

Hard pass and efff off to Phil. Google up Phil anselmo racism and read about the shit he pulled at the dimebag tribute show. Total jerk off.

Dime and his bro were the best part of the band. Great riffs and to me very unique and great drumming. May they rest in peace. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, thizzellewashington said:

They sound great. I don't love them calling it Pantera but Zakk and Charlie have been very up-front in interviews that it shouldn't be viewed as a "reunion" and they're doing it to honor Vinnie and Dime. So I'm not mad at it. They got the right two guys for the gig.

Charlie: "Let's just say the performance moved me....INTO A BIGGER HOUSE!"