What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Video Games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blaze:

You have it easy today with those.

When I first started playing video games on the atari and nintendo, there were no "save game" options. You sat there and played the whole game from start to finish. Only pausing to eat or go to the bathroom. Depending on how engrossed you were in the game, neither of those were a necessity but more of an option.

Guess what happened when you ran out of lives and didn't beat the game? You started over again from the beginning :rage:

I joke of course. I know games today are way more complicated and can get quite frustrating because of that. But the invention of the memory card slot on consoles and the ease of saving game progress today helps to cut down on the anger a lot.

Also, what's up with all these damn buttons on my controller? How am I supposed to play a game when I can't even figure out how this f***in thing works? :LOL:

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Corporate STUPIDITY. You have to learn how to feck with them and much as they feck with you. Bastards. Hell with them!!!http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/atomic%20mushroom%20cloud%20explosion.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Burning%20Banana.gif

When I first started playing video games on the atari and nintendo, there were no "save game" options. You sat there and played the whole game from start to finish. Only pausing to eat or go to the bathroom. Depending on how engrossed you were in the game, neither of those were a necessity but more of an option.

Guess what happened when you ran out of lives and didn't beat the game? You started over again from the beginning :rage:

I joke of course. I know games today are way more complicated and can get quite frustrating because of that. But the invention of the memory card slot on consoles and the ease of saving game progress today helps to cut down on the anger a lot.

Have you seen today's youth playing video games? Their level of anger when playing video games doesn't seem less than kids 30 years ago. It's the same. Possibly even greater.

Better yet, have you seen today's adults playing current video games? Some acquaintances of mine are outright crybabies despite the ability to save games.

Memory cards have not helped to cut down on anger. No way.

• Like 1

Have you seen today's youth playing video games? Their level of anger when playing video games doesn't seem less than kids 30 years ago. It's the same. Possibly even greater.

Better yet, have you seen today's adults playing current video games? Some acquaintances of mine are outright crybabies despite the ability to save games.

I am spending a good deal of time lately trying to convince my kids that there is a whole great big world out there, outside of video games altogether.

(Says a guy who putzes around on TRF for multiple hours every day. I know, I know...) :eyeroll:

• Like 4

I am spending a good deal of time lately trying to convince my kids that there is a whole great big world out there, outside of video games altogether.

(Says a guy who putzes around on TRF for multiple hours every day. I know, I know...) :eyeroll:

In MY day, the early '60s, we used to get our parents to buy us 'accessories' (Military-like gear, toys) and we used to go out and PLAY Army and Cowboys and Indians,(U.S. version), Hide and Seek (All ee, All ee Income Free!!!), Kick the Bucket, Tag, Spy, etc. That's how I kept so thin throughout High School!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20orange%20mad.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, try not to give up though. We used to go through the same thing with ours each summer (some summers more successfully than others, ha ha.) Now they are older and remember the times we dragged them out after dinner to rollerblade or (bribery) walk to the mini Mart for popsicles.

• Like 2

Well...

I get on the train...and a man forces himself on me and grabs my crotch and kisses my mouth.

Erm...

I get away...

Just to hear him boasting about it to his friends.

Errrrrrrrrr...

Not being gay I have to say first of all this is disgusting to me. Sorry it just is. Secondly, this is foul behaviour, no matter which gender is the target. And thirdly being a victim of sexual abuse in the past it freaked me out for days.

OK this was last Wednesday but I haven't really been posting since.

Same thing happened two days later to my best friend.

What exactly is happening to this world?

Well...

I get on the train...and a man forces himself on me and grabs my crotch and kisses my mouth.

Erm...

I get away...

Errrrrrrrrr...

Not being gay I have to say first of all this is disgusting to me. Sorry it just is. Secondly, this is foul behaviour, no matter which gender is the target. And thirdly being a victim of sexual abuse in the past it freaked me out for days.

I'm so sorry that happened to you and your friend, Segue. It is a type of sexual assault, plain and simple, to have a stranger grab your privates. And then to have the person joke about it- I agree- grrrrrrr. (And according to this article, it really is assault- the article is mostly about attacks on females, but you are right, it could be any gender on any gender. http://www.huffingto..._1847497.html ) I hope it helps you to be able to post about it here and I'm glad you feel free to do so. :hug2: And what total assholes some people are.

Edited by blueschica

Well...

Erm...

I get away...

Errrrrrrrrr...

Buncha ASSHOLES are doing WHATEVER THEY WANT, and seemingly GETTING AWAY WITH IT. Here's TO THEM-http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/atomic%20mushroom%20cloud%20explosion.gif

Look, Segue. I was labled my whole High School years as a gay person. Didn't matter that I have absolutely NO attraction to males of the species or otherwise, but I know of people who STILL think I'm gay. I got over that a LOOOOOOONG time ago. The people who think like that are MONGOLOIDS. I don't begrudge people their sexual preferences, unless they try to FORCE their view onto ME. I need to learn how to kick those people IN THE NUTS REAL HARD!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/Kicknutz_1.gifNothing on YOU, Segue. It's the IDIOTS in this world...

:banana:

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Well...

Erm...

I get away...

Errrrrrrrrr...

Segue...I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to you. :hug2: It's truly deplorable and you of course did not deserve it one bit. My very best wishes to you.

I don't mean to imply that you're not coping well, but I wanted to take the opportunity to offer you (or anyone else who may need it) an understanding ear. I'm a sexual assault survivor myself, and have strong experience in working with fellow survivors and their loved ones. I'm a PM away if you (or anyone out there) would ever like to talk.

• Like 2

Well...

Erm...

I get away...

Errrrrrrrrr...

Buncha ASSHOLES are doing WHATEVER THEY WANT, and seemingly GETTING AWAY WITH IT. Here's TO THEM-http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/atomic%20mushroom%20cloud%20explosion.gif

Look, Segue. I was labled my whole High School years as a gay person. Didn't matter that I have absolutely NO attraction to males of the species or otherwise, but I know of people who STILL think I'm gay. I got over that a LOOOOOOONG time ago. The people who think like that are MONGOLOIDS. I don't begrudge people their sexual preferences, unless they try to FORCE their view onto ME. I need to learn how to kick those people IN THE NUTS REAL HARD!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/Kicknutz_1.gifNothing on YOU, Segue. It's the IDIOTS in this world...

Although I am a religious person with certain morals and principles in place (honestly a real protection), I have never been and never will be homophobic or judgemental towards how anyone chooses to live their life.

The fact many do so makes me wonder what they must feel inside to direct so much hatred and resentment towards people of a different background or nature.

Seriously, I am not at all sure how the world has now gotten to the stage where men do this to other men and it be such a casual thing to "laugh" about.

I took it with a pinch of salt but it brought back some vivid memories I would rather keep shut away.

Then the same thing happened to my friend...

I've sadly been the target of this for many years. Not sure what it is about me but it was at its worst when I worked as a model in London. Seriously, if you are deemed "attractive" it's apparent you are anyone's target, and it should be not only expected but to a cretain point accepted (seriously...I was told to put sexual preferences to one side, this back when I was 17/18, to work my way up in fashion modelling. I had to turn down some fantastic contracts because I am sorry I will not sleep with perverted men to make money, and for that matter I wouldn't do so with a beautiful woman either). The worst was in modelling for higher profile magazines/catwalks. Seriously not sure why anyone would want to survive an industry like that. None of my portfolio is published because I refused to give in. And then I was attacked very aggressively and when I tried to get it dealt with in was dismissed and remained unpaid. I felt like a prostitute.

It will forever remain a mystery to me why anyone would want to attack someone in such a vulnerable way against their will.

So much anger this last week I've been boiling over a little...fortunately I'm quick witted and strong and I avoided a fight but it was the casual nature of it all.

Is that what gay men do? Just sorta...expect something from a stranger? Is this normal in public places?

I didn't even give him eye contact. I was on my phone and then all of a sudden this thirty something is trying to "sit on me" for want of a better word.

And then after I've kicked him off I get off the train and he's pointing at me with a bunch of other guys laughing about it loudly.

I should have called the police. The same thing happened two days later to my best friend and he was shaken too.

Problem is not being funny but from my experience men who admit to be sexual assaulted are easily dismissed and mocked. I've spent a good seven years struggling to cope with excess guilt and anger and paranoia and now I'm at a point when I just want to scream about it.

The gift of all this negative experience is that it lead me back to God.

Rant over.

• Like 2

Well...

Erm...

I get away...

Errrrrrrrrr...

Segue...I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to you. :hug2: It's truly deplorable and you of course did not deserve it one bit. My very best wishes to you.

I don't mean to imply that you're not coping well, but I wanted to take the opportunity to offer you (or anyone else who may need it) an understanding ear. I'm a sexual assault survivor myself, and have strong experience in working with fellow survivors and their loved ones. I'm a PM away if you (or anyone out there) would ever like to talk.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

You know I've kept this mostly silent to myself until this year? It sounds silly but that song Lady Gaga performed at the Oscars, It Could Happen To You, is what gave me the confidence to admit to myself I am a victim and seriously...I've become very passionate towards friends who have been victimised.

• Like 1

Well...

Erm...

I get away...

Errrrrrrrrr...

Although I am a religious person with certain morals and principles in place (honestly a real protection), I have never been and never will be homophobic or judgemental towards how anyone chooses to live their life.

The fact many do so makes me wonder what they must feel inside to direct so much hatred and resentment towards people of a different background or nature.

Seriously, I am not at all sure how the world has now gotten to the stage where men do this to other men and it be such a casual thing to "laugh" about.

I took it with a pinch of salt but it brought back some vivid memories I would rather keep shut away.

I've sadly been the target of this for many years. Not sure what it is about me but it was at its worst when I worked as a model in London. Seriously, if you are deemed "attractive" it's apparent you are anyone's target, and it should be not only expected but to a cretain point accepted (seriously...I was told to put sexual preferences to one side, this back when I was 17/18, to work my way up in fashion modelling. I had to turn down some fantastic contracts because I am sorry I will not sleep with perverted men to make money, and for that matter I wouldn't do so with a beautiful woman either). The worst was in modelling for higher profile magazines/catwalks. Seriously not sure why anyone would want to survive an industry like that. None of my portfolio is published because I refused to give in. And then I was attacked very aggressively and when I tried to get it dealt with in was dismissed and remained unpaid. I felt like a prostitute.

It will forever remain a mystery to me why anyone would want to attack someone in such a vulnerable way against their will.

So much anger this last week I've been boiling over a little...fortunately I'm quick witted and strong and I avoided a fight but it was the casual nature of it all.

Is that what gay men do? Just sorta...expect something from a stranger? Is this normal in public places?

I didn't even give him eye contact. I was on my phone and then all of a sudden this thirty something is trying to "sit on me" for want of a better word.

And then after I've kicked him off I get off the train and he's pointing at me with a bunch of other guys laughing about it loudly.

I should have called the police. The same thing happened two days later to my best friend and he was shaken too.

Problem is not being funny but from my experience men who admit to be sexual assaulted are easily dismissed and mocked. I've spent a good seven years struggling to cope with excess guilt and anger and paranoia and now I'm at a point when I just want to scream about it.

Rant over.

STOP READING MY MIND, DAMNIT!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Laughing/laugh3-smiley.gif

Well...

Erm...

I get away...

Errrrrrrrrr...

Rant over.

STOP READING MY MIND, DAMNIT!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Laughing/laugh3-smiley.gif

I can't believe I just wrote all this...I think I am way to open on this forum!!

Anyway, at the end of the day it's good to have mature conversation. 90% of my issues this year have been me confronting finally everything that went on in my late teens. I'm not at a point where I can think about it with a tempered sense of understanding. But I'm getting there.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Well...

Erm...

I get away...

Errrrrrrrrr...

Rant over.

I can't believe I just wrote all this...I think I am way to open on this forum!!

Anyway, at the end of the day it's good to have mature conversation. 90% of my issues this year have been me confronting finally everything that went on in my late teens. I'm not at a point where I can think about it with a tempered sense of understanding. But I'm getting there.

Yes, it took me a long while to be able to do that myself! Don't worry, you'll get there! "You'll be there, when you know what I know!" :rush: :Alex:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananas%20toasting%20beer.gif

Well...

Erm...

I get away...

Errrrrrrrrr...

I'm so sorry to hear this.

You know I've kept this mostly silent to myself until this year? It sounds silly but that song Lady Gaga performed at the Oscars, It Could Happen To You, is what gave me the confidence to admit to myself I am a victim and seriously...I've become very passionate towards friends who have been victimised.

It's entirely too common, as far as statistics show, for people to wait many years before speaking about what happened to them and/or seeking any sort of help. In my case this was well over fifteen years ago, and fortunately I've long been done with clawing my way to recovery. At some point, one makes the transition from victim to survivor..."just labels" I know, but labels that represent significant progress in terms of the healing process.

It doesn't sound at all silly to me that a song would trigger such a response in you. Music can be powerful, but that aside, all sorts of seemingly "insignificant" things can be triggers of both positive and negative reactions after a traumatic experience.

As if being sexually assaulted this time around wasn't horrific enough, it's especially difficult to also have past abuse brought back to mind. I feel for you and sincerely wish you the best. I'll be here if you ever need another person who understands how this can affect quite literally everything in one's life. Take good care of yourself!

• Like 1

More slaughter of innocent lives and politicians not taking action. This world needs serious help.

I am quite frankly devastated.