What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Actually it was yesterday,

I was jumping a car battery. All of the sudden their was smoke. Turned off the engine and jumped out of my van. Not realizing that the cables were melting, I grabbed them to throw them on the ground. Burned the inside of my left hand. Just below my left thumb. I couldn't fish at this point if I wanted to. It is a pretty nasty burn. :rage:

Keep that well covered and clean. It could get infected.

If the burn is that bad, why don't you go to one of those emergency clinics to have it looked at?

Thanks,

Believe me. It's been constant cleaning and bandages. I will not pay for the emergency prices. I will survive and make it heal. Just frustrating. After a few hours I went and look at the cables. There was a short in the wires.

That's strange, I couldn't see your post before. Now I can. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Anyway, peroxide helps. Inside the hand is a bad spot.

• Like 1

I was jumping a car battery. All of the sudden their was smoke. Turned off the engine and jumped out of my van. Not realizing that the cables were melting, I grabbed them to throw them on the ground. Burned the inside of my left hand. Just below my left thumb. I couldn't fish at this point if I wanted to. It is a pretty nasty burn. :rage:

If the burn is that bad, why don't you go to one of those emergency clinics to have it looked at?

Thanks,

Believe me. It's been constant cleaning and bandages. I will not pay for the emergency prices. I will survive and make it heal. Just frustrating. After a few hours I went and look at the cables. There was a short in the wires.

That's strange, I couldn't see your post before. Now I can. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Same here,

I thought I was going crazy. :LOL: The past week for sure.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Same here,

:o :o :o I'm glad it wasn't worse, like the cars catching on fire! I'm sorry to hear about your hand! :(

• Like 2

Thanks,

Same here,

:o :o :o I'm glad it wasn't worse, like the cars catching on fire! I'm sorry to hear about your hand! :(

Thanks,

The cables were attached the correct way. Looking back, I blame myself. I usually put on leather gloves but I was being lazy. I found out the hard way I guess.

What ever happened to band aids that actually stuck to you skin? Fu***** trash! :facepalm:

Coincidentally, I just changed a band aid and that little sucker was on there like superglue! I needed a black hole to remove it!

Just found some good medical tape. Good stuff!!

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Ouch! So sorry to hear that. I hope it heals quickly and fully!

• Like 1

Well,

If can catch a 25" Rainbow tomorrow it will be worth it. I cannot miss this year like last year.

• Like 1

Well,

If can catch a 25" Rainbow tomorrow it will be worth it. I cannot miss this year like last year.

And I'm sure you'll take care of your hand while you're at it! :) Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

:cool: :cool:

Well,

And I'm sure you'll take care of your hand while you're at it! :) Good luck and have fun!

Thanks,

The worst part about is I am left handed. The pain will have to take a back seat if things go as planned. :cool:

• Like 1

The damn creek was too low. :madra:

:( And you looked so forward to it!

That's okay,

Hoping to go back next Monday. it will come around at some point. :cool:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Getting home later than I wanted to, I have so much many things that need to be done before my vacation starts this weekend. Then when I walk into my house it is HOT as hell because the AC went out. So I had to spend the entire evening trying to diagnose what the malfunction is. Not being able to find my meter (essential for diagnosis) why? because I need it! So I have to go into "caveman" AC tech mode. I discover either I have a bad condenser fan or capacitor or both! Too late to get one so I now have the ac limping along with a box fan as my condenser fan... Can you sat Macgyver? :yes: oh this will set me back about $200 right before vacation too!! Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Getting home later than I wanted to, I have so much many things that need to be done before my vacation starts this weekend. Then when I walk into my house it is HOT as hell because the AC went out. So I had to spend the entire evening trying to diagnose what the malfunction is. Not being able to find my meter (essential for diagnosis) why? because I need it! So I have to go into "caveman" AC tech mode. I discover either I have a bad condenser fan or capacitor or both! Too late to get one so I now have the ac limping along with a box fan as my condenser fan... Can you sat Macgyver? :yes: oh this will set me back about $200 right before vacation too!!

Bummer,

Get the fans going.

• Like 1

Getting home later than I wanted to, I have so much many things that need to be done before my vacation starts this weekend. Then when I walk into my house it is HOT as hell because the AC went out. So I had to spend the entire evening trying to diagnose what the malfunction is. Not being able to find my meter (essential for diagnosis) why? because I need it! So I have to go into "caveman" AC tech mode. I discover either I have a bad condenser fan or capacitor or both! Too late to get one so I now have the ac limping along with a box fan as my condenser fan... Can you sat Macgyver? :yes: oh this will set me back about $200 right before vacation too!!

Bummer,

Get the fans going.

Fans without the AC running only stirs hot stickey air. So far my jerry rigging is doing the trick as the box fan I have over my condenser coil is giving just enough air flow to keep the compressors head pressure within nominal operating limits. Necessity is the mother of invention. :P

• Like 1

Oh my! I hope that you get everything sorted with as little stress as possible. Sending cooling vibes and wishes for a great vacation your way! :cheers:

• Like 1

Oh my! I hope that you get everything sorted with as little stress as possible. Sending cooling vibes and wishes for a great vacation your way! :cheers:

Thank you my dear, the funny thing was I was just praising you today as we did have a very unusual blast of dry air the last few days. It still has been hot but without the humidity makes for much more tolerable conditions. I guess I should feel blessed that I have the ability to correct the mechanical situations that confront me. I just am floored by the timing of such events, it never ceases to amaze me :huh: :D

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Thank you my dear, the funny thing was I was just praising you today as we did have a very unusual blast of dry air the last few days. It still has been hot but without the humidity makes for much more tolerable conditions. I guess I should feel blessed that I have the ability to correct the mechanical situations that confront me. I just am floored by the timing of such events, it never ceases to amaze me :huh: :D

You're always welcome, dear Crimson! I'm glad that you had a bit of a reprieve in the form of drier air :) Perhaps you were presented with this challenge because you are able to handle it! :madra:

Your vacation was already well-deserved, but here's hoping that it will feel all the more enjoyable after you have permanently solved this AC issue! :D

• Like 1