What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

<!--QuoteBegin-sullysue+May 17 2010, 04:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (sullysue @ May 17 2010, 04:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-GhostGirl+May 17 2010, 02:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (GhostGirl @ May 17 2010, 02:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Kerry got punched in the face by a guy who was "joking around" in Literature class - this boy is a total goof-off with no parental guidance at all.  The boy got suspended, even though he wasn't really picking a fight - he was just being stupid.

What pisses me off?  When Kerry got punched, he tore into the guy and hit him back - and Kerry got ISD (in school detention) for tomorrow, and will miss his last band rehearsal before the concert.

The principal said she knew Kerry reacted by reflex and that he had a right to defend himself, but "there are consequences."

UGH. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Man, that sucks.

At the start of the school year, Patrick was bugging one of his friends in gym class and the kid punched Patch square in the nose. It bled on and off for most of that day. Patrick got in-school suspension. Why? For inciting an incident. Zero tolerance sometimes makes zero sense. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, the zero tolerance thing is ridiculous.

On the bright side, I did convince the powers that be to let Kerry out of jail to go to band so he could rehearse with them for tonight.

Epilepsy.

I had to work in a group poster project during 1st period. The group blamed me for writing on the poster something that someone else had said. The whole group was fine with it until it was written down. That class always pisses me off :LOL:

Total greed on the train. An old, hobbit-like lady probably somewhere between the age of 80-150 was trying to get off the train but some impatient maggots on the platform couldn't wait to board so they were pushing her back. She was spinning at one point. Felt sad for her and total rage towards the half dozen or so commuters that pretended like they didn't notice her and pushed her back inside. As for me, I felt helpless as I was on another platform watching the whole thing. Hope some misfortune finds those maggots before the day's end.
  • Like 1

My friend is staying over for a week. 4:30am and she is currently next to me snoring louder than a thunderstorm, hogging all the covers, taking up 3/4 of the bed with her knee shoved into my back while periodically grunt-shouting random phrases in her sleep. IT was amusing at first but this has been happening for three nights in a row and I'm about to have a mental breakdown. Haven't had a proper night's sleep since last week sos Edited by lemonycake
  • Like 2

My friend is staying over for a week. 4:30am and she is currently next to me snoring louder than a thunderstorm, hogging all the covers, taking up 3/4 of the bed with her knee shoved into my back while periodically grunt-shouting random phrases in her sleep. IT was amusing at first but this has been happening for three nights in a row and I'm about to have a mental breakdown. Haven't had a proper night's sleep since last week sos

Just go sleep on the couch. Or make her.

My friend is staying over for a week. 4:30am and she is currently next to me snoring louder than a thunderstorm, hogging all the covers, taking up 3/4 of the bed with her knee shoved into my back while periodically grunt-shouting random phrases in her sleep. IT was amusing at first but this has been happening for three nights in a row and I'm about to have a mental breakdown. Haven't had a proper night's sleep since last week sos

There is no couch in my dorm. Time to be a good host and sacrifice a little I guess :LOL: I bought myself some earplugs today; her snoring shall not defeat me!

• Like 4

There is no couch in my dorm. Time to be a good host and sacrifice a little I guess :LOL: I bought myself some earplugs today; her snoring shall not defeat me!

Good call,

I wear them all the time. I started wearing them back in the 90's when I was working on the north slope here in Alaska. The walls seperating the rooms were paper thin. Guys snoring all night is what did it for me. :D

• Like 1

Good call,

I wear them all the time. I started wearing them back in the 90's when I was working on the north slope here in Alaska. The walls seperating the rooms were paper thin. Guys snoring all night is what did it for me. :D

A few years ago I was sleeping in a hotel and I could not sleep because the guy NEXT DOOR was snoring so loudly! Aargh!

• Like 2

Good call,

A few years ago I was sleeping in a hotel and I could not sleep because the guy NEXT DOOR was snoring so loudly! Aargh!

The times I've been kept awake all night by a snorer have been the closest I've been to committing homicide. It's maddening!

Three nights? You're a saint, LC!

• Like 3

Good call,

The times I've been kept awake all night by a snorer have been the closest I've been to committing homicide. It's maddening!

Three nights? You're a saint, LC!

My wife bless her put up with my snoring for so many years but I haven't snored much if any for the last couple years. It's weird but it really stopped a couple years ago when I lost weight and decided to get in some kind of decent shape. This was even before my sinus surgery and septum repair and all the other things that have been done to clear my sinuses and try to keep them that way. That has obviously helped some too. My grandparents never slept in the same room for at least the last 40 years of their lives due to my grandfathers snoring. I suggested to my wife to do the same years ago but it never happened... :codger:

I took my van (16 years old and just turned 200,000 miles) down the street to the gas station as I typically do each morning just get a drink and a coffee for my wife. When I got back and parked in the driveway I got out and noticed water pouring from under the engine area :rage: . I have had issues with retaining coolant/water for a couple years now and have had the radiator replaced and some hoses etc but have seen nothing like this. I had AAA come this morning and tow it to my repair shop and am now holding my breath for the bad news. We survived with one vehicle for a long time until just recently but truth be told I really don't want to go back to that arrangement again if at all possible. There is no way I could justify dumping a bunch of money into that van at this point and truth is I don't have it anyway. We'll see soon how this shakes out. It's always something... :sigh: Edited by Narps

I took my van (16 years old and just turned 200,000 miles) down the street to the gas station as I typically do each morning just get a drink and a coffee for my wife. When I got back and parked in the driveway I got out and noticed water pouring from under the engine area :rage: . I have had issues with retaining coolant/water for a couple years now and have had the radiator replaced and some hoses etc but have seen nothing like this. I had AAA come this morning and tow it to my repair shop and am now holding my breath for the bad news. We survived with one vehicle for a long time until just recently but truth be told I really don't want to go back to that arrangement again if at all possible. There is no way I could justify dumping a bunch of money into that van at this point and truth is I don't have it anyway. We'll see soon how this shakes out. It's always something... :sigh:

Maybe it's just a hose.

Yes, I hope it's just something simple. They made those vans well back then, they can run a long time! Ours finally rusted out last year, it was 20 yrs. old and had 250,000 + miles on it. The engine was still running well but our garage guy told us the body was about to collapse everywhere and no way would it pass PA state inspection. :( Good luck.

I took my van (16 years old and just turned 200,000 miles) down the street to the gas station as I typically do each morning just get a drink and a coffee for my wife. When I got back and parked in the driveway I got out and noticed water pouring from under the engine area :rage: . I have had issues with retaining coolant/water for a couple years now and have had the radiator replaced and some hoses etc but have seen nothing like this. I had AAA come this morning and tow it to my repair shop and am now holding my breath for the bad news. We survived with one vehicle for a long time until just recently but truth be told I really don't want to go back to that arrangement again if at all possible. There is no way I could justify dumping a bunch of money into that van at this point and truth is I don't have it anyway. We'll see soon how this shakes out. It's always something... :sigh:

Maybe it's just a hose.

Yes, I hope it's just something simple. They made those vans well back then, they can run a long time! Ours finally rusted out last year, it was 20 yrs. old and had 250,000 + miles on it. The engine was still running well but our garage guy told us the body was about to collapse everywhere and no way would it pass PA state inspection. :( Good luck.

I know these vans and all around under the hood very well. Previous to this van we had a Grand Caravan for many years too. All of these vans have the same parts and engines etc. I have changed many a engine part and other things on both of them in the past so I know my way around under the hood. I appreciate the kind words of encouragement but there are no hoses or anything else in the area where that water was coming from. I didn't go under and check because I just don't have "it" anymore to do so and even if I figured out the problem I can no longer do the repairs myself anyway :( . We shall see. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst... :)
  • Like 1

Maybe it's just a hose.

I know these vans and all around under the hood very well. Previous to this van we had a Grand Caravan for many years too. All of these vans have the same parts and engines etc. I have changed many a engine part and other things on both of them in the past so I know my way around under the hood. I appreciate the kind words of encouragement but there are no hoses or anything else in the area where that water was coming from. I didn't go under and check because I just don't have "it" anymore to do so and even if I figured out the problem I can no longer do the repairs myself anyway :( . We shall see. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst... :)

Shoot, that's too bad . . .

Maybe it's just a hose.

Maybe it's the water pump. You said you just had a new radiator put in, so I don't know how it could be that already, unless they put an old one in and charged you for a new one. My husband could fix it for you for the cost of parts, but ....

I find that a fan drowns out noise beautifully. If it's too chilly blowing on you, you just turn it towards the wall. :)

• Like 2

Maybe it's just a hose.

Maybe it's the water pump. You said you just had a new radiator put in, so I don't know how it could be that already, unless they put an old one in and charged you for a new one. My husband could fix it for you for the cost of parts, but ....

I have replaced the water pump on that van before and on my Caravan before it breathed it's final breath. The water pump is toward the left bottom side of the engine with the serpentine belt wound through it and believe me I have seen water leak from a water pump or two and this water is coming from under the middle of the engine and a ways back. Anyway I will update when I finally get the call from the mechanic as to the problem. Thanks again for caring enough to comment and help... :cheers: :hug2:
  • Like 1

I get the message. I'll shut up now.

I think you got the wrong message. I don't typically hug folks that I want to shut up... :)
  • Like 1