What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I asked my mom to take me grocery shopping with her. I wake up early and shower and everything then i text her and she says she forgot. She always pulls this shit and im so tired of it.

Could you get back at her by starting to "forget" certain things, too?

I know that's not really the right answer to the problem...but still.

Nah, you get back at people that diss you by moving on.

• Like 3

I could never do that. My commitment to my animals is death until one of us departs.

Wasn't something we could avoid. Can't go into it but yeah. Thankfully, very VERY close friends of ours, on a huge property, took them on and they are in cat heaven! So it was a winner for us all!

I am so glad you found a friend to take in your kitty cats. Pets are just awesome. I've always had them and always will. I couldn't even imagine not having pets. A house becomes a home only when there's a pet inside.

My dog is 13 yrs of age,

As much as I love pets. After she is gone I will force myself to take a really long break.

I tried to take a break after my previous cat died. It lasted almost a year, until two feral kittens showed up in the backyard. I've had them for five years now :D

Well,

After my dog Shy for sixteen years went to doggie heaven in 2002. I said the same thing.I hated coming home to a lonely place. But in three months I had Matty my beagle. This time though I really need to try harder and take a long break.

There is one of those outdoor electronic music festivals in downtown London this weekend.. (Where a DJ spins records) and the sound is travelling all over London. I keep hearing boom boom boom boom and my walls are shaking. I'm miles away but the sound is travelling that far.. Can't wait until 11 pm when it's over.

There is one of those outdoor electronic music festivals in downtown London this weekend.. (Where a DJ spins records) and the sound is travelling all over London. I keep hearing boom boom boom boom and my walls are shaking. I'm miles away but the sound is travelling that far.. Can't wait until 11 pm when it's over.

That's not good. They could at least play some half decent music...

When I went to a (rock) music festival near a town the band's stopped playing at nine or ten to avoid disturbing the people living there. Maybe we're just more civilised :LOL:

Yes, I used to think I liked at least a little of most kinds of music but I really dislike electronic dance music. No melodies for me to get into! I'm glad it's ending tonight for you.

• Like 1

Didn't really piss me off but disappointed me and I am not sure why because I expected it anyway. The ***skins lost their opening game to the Dolphins... :sigh:

Today I drove home from Reno, NV. Northern California is currently home to two huge raging wildfires, and the skies of California and Nevada are full of smoke for hundreds of square miles. I saw one tiny patch of blue sky in 5-6 hours of driving :(

Just in case that isn't bad enough, this drought is killing oak trees, and pine trees below about 4000 feet are very stressed and starting to turn yellow/orange. If our forests start dying they could potentially go up in an extremely hot and deadly inferno.

Things are really bad here.

Today I drove home from Reno, NV. Northern California is currently home to two huge raging wildfires, and the skies of California and Nevada are full of smoke for hundreds of square miles. I saw one tiny patch of blue sky in 5-6 hours of driving :(

Just in case that isn't bad enough, this drought is killing oak trees, and pine trees below about 4000 feet are very stressed and starting to turn yellow/orange. If our forests start dying they could potentially go up in an extremely hot and deadly inferno.

The smoke has settled into our valley and it's so bad you can barely see the mountains. :( Did the smoke affect the balloon races ay all?

The smoke has settled into our valley and it's so bad you can barely see the mountains. :( Did the smoke affect the balloon races ay all?

It affected them in only that the sky was gloomy and grey. It turns out the balloons don't fly far (just a mile or two, and some even less) so it's not like you need excellent visibility.

I know what that's like. In a way. Remember my infamous neighbors and their boom car stereos?

• Like 1

When I first saw this post, I was thinking of London, England.

I forgot about the London in Ontario. :blush:

• Like 1

I got angry a couple of hours ago with my boss (though I didn't tell him so) because of something I talked to him about rather privately this morning, and then he brought it up later on in a meeting, in front of about five other people.

But yeah, he's my boss. Not a whole lot I can do about it.

• Like 1

I got angry a couple of hours ago with my boss (though I didn't tell him so) because of something I talked to him about rather privately this morning, and then he brought it up later on in a meeting, in front of about five other people.

So he brought your name up in the meeting about it?

That's awful, and how humiliating. Doesn't your boss have any discretion?

Many bosses do not have social filters, that is why they are the boss. Sad but true. Allow me :bitchslap: to slap some sense into that non-filtered fool for you. Edited by librarian

I got a girl's number at school. I let her type it into the keypad and I thought I'd save it later. When I checked it later, it was gone since I had not saved it...damn it. I'll ask her again tomorrow.

I wasn't really pissed, just annoyed. I went to ATT to see how soon I can upgrade to iPhone 6s although my full upgrade is in January. I was hoping to upgrade now but they said I could upgrade Dec 1st. Oh well, I guess I'll wait!

Yes- he brought it up in front of a host of others, when it's something he could have addressed with me privately, at any point in the prior two and a half hours leading up to it. I was embarrassed, and felt like an idiot.

• Like 1

That's awful, and how humiliating. Doesn't your boss have any discretion?

Evidently, umm...I don't see it much, no. (Discretion, that is). I'm just not accustomed to being on the receiving end of his lack of tact, I guess.

Many bosses do not have social filters, that is why they are the boss. Sad but true. Allow me :bitchslap: to slap some sense into that non-filtered fool for you.

Heh heh...true indeed.

And thank you! I'd certainly take you up on that.

Yes- he brought it up in front of a host of others, when it's something he could have addressed with me privately, at any point in the prior two and a half hours leading up to it. I was embarrassed, and felt like an idiot.

That sucks.