What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Stupid poll threads

Ignore them if they annoy you.

It's kind of difficult when I like to use the view new content feature and the screen gets plastered with 10+ of polls that could easily be fitted into just one poll. Someone literally spammed the forum with polls.

I know, I noticed it myself this morning.

If you saw a home for sale, would you come walking around the property way after dark with flashlights?

Or, would you try to see if the windows were open during the day?

That sounds very weird. Are they hoping the former residents left recipe ingredients behind?

They are gone from the home but not from the neighborhood. I've never seen a neighborhood nosedive so rapidly. I could post a lot of what has gone on just recently. As for the former residents, it appears they had a video camera hooked up in on of their more infamous rooms. No one wants to know, or watch, what was filmed.

Sounds like someone forgot something or is looking for something.

I think I will send you a bazooka for the Fall Solstice.

Is the town thinking of wrecking it and rebuilding? We could help!

• Like 2

If you saw a home for sale, would you come walking around the property way after dark with flashlights?

Or, would you try to see if the windows were open during the day?

That sounds very weird. Are they hoping the former residents left recipe ingredients behind?

They are gone from the home but not from the neighborhood. I've never seen a neighborhood nosedive so rapidly. I could post a lot of what has gone on just recently. As for the former residents, it appears they had a video camera hooked up in on of their more infamous rooms. No one wants to know, or watch, what was filmed.

Sounds like someone forgot something or is looking for something.

I think I will send you a bazooka for the Fall Solstice.

Is the town thinking of wrecking it and rebuilding? We could help!

It's for sale (it was cleaned out and garbage carted away so there's nothing left - unless it was hidden somewhere) and the realtor won't disclose to potential buyers what went on in the home or garage.

Wouldn't you like to know the home you are thinking of buying was used as a drug house and for cooking up drugs? I would.

• Like 2

There are seven registered sex offenders living within a two mile radius of my home and two schools.

Figure that one out. I thought they weren't allowed to live near schools, especially elementary schools?

Ignorance is bliss. I'm finding out too much, and I don't like one little bit any of what I am finding out. The more I find out, the madder I'm getting.

• Like 1

There are seven registered sex offenders living within a two mile radius of my home and two schools.

Figure that one out. I thought they weren't allowed to live near schools, especially elementary schools?

Ignorance is bliss. I'm finding out too much, and I don't like one little bit any of what I am finding out. The more I find out, the madder I'm getting.

Is there a Chuck E Cheese nearby?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvVb0G3Ydf8

Yeah,

My girlfriend did some reseach on these scum bags the other the day. We have a map of where they live near us. :madra:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Stupid poll threads

It's kind of difficult when I like to use the view new content feature and the screen gets plastered with 10+ of polls that could easily be fitted into just one poll. Someone literally spammed the forum with polls.

Yup. I'd like to ignore them, but I can't in situations like that.

• Like 1

Stupid poll threads

Well, for the record, the polls were originally posted some time ago. I don't know if they were all posted on the same day, but I don't think so.

Anyway...since you viewed the new content and they were all there, or just means that someone (or multiple people) found them and replied to a bunch of them in short succession.

Lorraine, for some reason, I can't quote your most recent post on this screen- but at any rate, I'll post what I wanted to say anyway.

Legal restrictions about the distance that registered sex offenders are required to keep away from schools vary from state to state. And unfortunately, that law is fairly lax where you live.

With regard to the legal disclosure about buying a house where drugs were manufactured...unfortunately no, I don't think that is required. It is a matter of law that certain structural repairs (a new roof, new drywall, work on the foundation of the house, that kind of thing) do have to be disclosed in writing if they've taken place within in the past five years, or maybe ten.

I'd advise any prospective home buyer to hire your own independent inspector before you sign any papers, though. (I actually don't know if they can test for things like chemical residue in the walls, which that house is sure to have...it would definitely be worth finding out something like that ahead of time).

• Like 1

Speaking of the home buying process, I hate it. I hate dealing with mortgage lenders and bankers, and I hate that everyone gives you a different answer to every question you have. So how is a person supposed to make an informed decision? I have two lenders giving me the slightly different percentages and then someone else who gives a much better percentage but then you have to wonder about fees and other hidden costs.

I really wish I could just pay cash.

Two weeks ago, we had to replace our bathroom sink faucet. My husband insisted on going to the infamous Wal-Mart. He further insisted on getting the cheapest one they had. I tried to point out that if we spent an extra ten dollars, we would get a better quality faucet that would last us much longer. But. In true Norwegian fashion - no - let's get the ten dollar one. :eyeroll: Fine.

You know those "Hot" and "Cold' indicators on top? Well, first the Cold one fell off after one week. Today, the Hot fell off.

Two weeks ago, we had to replace our bathroom sink faucet. My husband insisted on going to the infamous Wal-Mart. He further insisted on getting the cheapest one they had. I tried to point out that if we spent an extra ten dollars, we would get a better quality faucet that would last us much longer. But. In true Norwegian fashion - no - let's get the ten dollar one. :eyeroll: Fine.

You know those "Hot" and "Cold' indicators on top? Well, first the Cold one fell off after one week. Today, the Hot fell off.

you get what you pay for...

• Like 1

I tell my husband that all the time, but what can I tell you? I could have stood there and argued with him, but sometimes the wiser thing to do is let him have his stubborn way and learn the hard way.

• Like 2

I tell my husband that all the time, but what can I tell you? I could have stood there and argued with him, but sometimes the wiser thing to do is let him have his stubborn way and learn the hard way.

Is it,

Glacier Bay?

• Like 1

Is it,

Glacier Bay?

What are you talking about?

Is it,

Glacier Bay?

Glacier Bay is a faucet making company.

• Like 2

Is it,

Glacier Bay?

Glacier Bay is a faucet making company.

Thank you, Johnny!

We threw the box out and I don't remember the make. All I know is that the essential parts are cheap plastic and won't last long.

• Like 2

<!--QuoteBegin-sullysue+May 17 2010, 04:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (sullysue @ May 17 2010, 04:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-GhostGirl+May 17 2010, 02:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (GhostGirl @ May 17 2010, 02:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Kerry got punched in the face by a guy who was "joking around" in Literature class - this boy is a total goof-off with no parental guidance at all.  The boy got suspended, even though he wasn't really picking a fight - he was just being stupid.

What pisses me off?  When Kerry got punched, he tore into the guy and hit him back - and Kerry got ISD (in school detention) for tomorrow, and will miss his last band rehearsal before the concert.

The principal said she knew Kerry reacted by reflex and that he had a right to defend himself, but "there are consequences."

UGH. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Man, that sucks.

At the start of the school year, Patrick was bugging one of his friends in gym class and the kid punched Patch square in the nose. It bled on and off for most of that day. Patrick got in-school suspension. Why? For inciting an incident. Zero tolerance sometimes makes zero sense. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, the zero tolerance thing is ridiculous.

On the bright side, I did convince the powers that be to let Kerry out of jail to go to band so he could rehearse with them for tonight.