Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

the-who-face-dances.jpg

the-rolling-stones-tattoo-you.jpg

the-police-ghost-in-the-machine.jpg

genesis-abacab.jpg

My copy of Abacab has the green and the darker red colors, and the rby cover looks weird to me now because of it.

• Like 1

Silverstein - When Broken Is Easily Fixed

Silverstein - Discovering The Waterfront

Silverstein - Arrivals and Departures

Pink Floyd:

Dark Side Of The Moon

Animals

Their two best imo.

Nah, The Wall is better than Animals.

Animals is my favorite, lol. One of my favorite albums of all time actually, The Wall doesn't come close to that for me. Too messy.

• Like 1

Pink Floyd:

Dark Side Of The Moon

Animals

Their two best imo.

Nah, The Wall is better than Animals.

Animals is my favorite, lol. One of my favorite albums of all time actually, The Wall doesn't come close to that for me. Too messy.

I think The Wall has a little more variety to it. As great as Animals is, it's pretty much the same thing all the way through. The Wall is also more unique and I think the album is laid out perfectly. I don't hear any mess.

Dream Theater-Images and Words (10/10)

This is weird now hearing a young DT......almost like another lifetime ago. i remember them young too my first album was Falling into Infinity. And i know i shit on Portnoy but when he was working with the band in the early days you can't understate his impact as a drummer.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

The Sunday night jukebox -

Drifting%2BSun.jpg

Highly recommended to all prog lovers

10815.jpg

Sweet and Hoffs do a great job on a bunch of '70s classics

Fragile_%28Yes_album%29_cover_art.jpg

Magical album.

Labour_of_Love_II_album_cover.jpg

Second instalment of the Labour Of Love series and my favourite. RIP Astro.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 4

Dream Theater-Awake (7/10)

i know this considered a holy DT album. However like Distance. this has never clicked fully with me.

in fact i kinda don't like the first 3 songs on here. well that's not totally fair. I HATE 6:00 and have always hated it. Caught in a web and Innocence Faded are both ok,

The mini suite from Erotomania to the Silet Man is kick ass and i wouldn't have minded if the album started with the suite.

love The Mirror and Lie.......than we falter a bit with Lifting Shadows. i Love parts of Scarred but it kinda meanders.

Space-Dyed Vest is my one of my favs. very Floyd like.

so yea 7/10. much like Distance very uneven album for me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

i know this considered a holy DT album. However like Distance. this has never clicked fully with me.

in fact i kinda don't like the first 3 songs on here. well that's not totally fair. I HATE 6:00 and have always hated it. Caught in a web and Innocence Faded are both ok,

The mini suite from Erotomania to the Silet Man is kick ass and i wouldn't have minded if the album started with the suite.

love The Mirror and Lie.......than we falter a bit with Lifting Shadows. i Love parts of Scarred but it kinda meanders.

Mick

It's my absolute favorite, lol. But I get where you're coming from; your highlights are the same as mine. I just like the valleys more as well.

• Like 1

Mick

It's my absolute favorite, lol. But I get where you're coming from; your highlights are the same as mine. I just like the valleys more as well.

It's my fave too. Weirdly, a bit nervous to say this, Distance Over Time may be my second

• Like 1

• The topic was locked