Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

R-15236777-1588496661-5817.jpeg.jpg

1996 self titled album. I just love her voice.

And you want to get your hands on her!

Chance would be a fine thing!!!! :drool:
  • Like 1

A ton of Genesis:

Duke

A Trick Of The Tail

Selling England By The Pound

Invisible Touch

Trespass

Abacab

Foxtrot

Oh and a Peter Gabriel solo LP for good measure: Melt.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 5

ABBA- Voyage (7/10)

This is my first time listen, and I loved every single second. This isn't a band coming back after forty years trying to recapture their youth, this is clearly a work of heart from four old friends, in their seventies, writing and performing music that reflects their roots, their inspirations, and absolutely no effort was made to pander to the modern pop climate.

Intimate, heartfelt, tender, this lacks the vitality and energy of their younger years, and in its place is a maturity and sweetness that is oh so charming. ABBA owe is nothing, they have proven themselves one of the most beloved pop groups of all time, and this new album is as honest as it is unexpected.

They may not have outdone themselves, but it's a lovely little album to end their time as a band with, replacing the near forty year downer that was their former swansong, The Visitors.

Older, wiser, and still in love with music, ABBA have done something to be proud of. I don't think the public at large will love this album, there are no pop bangers with the ambition to top the charts (and honestly, I don't think ABBA even care about the charts in 2021).

I'm just very happy with this. It feels in every single way like a gentle farewell and thank you for the fun to the fans who have loyally stood by them.

Mastodon- Emperor Of Sand (8/10)

I've been playing all of Mastodon a lot lately. This one is growing on me more and more, it's better than I realised.

Mastodon-Crack the Skye (10/10)

Mick

Showing signs of being my favourite Mastodon. Yes I still absolutely love Blood Mountain, but I wasn't ready for this in 2009. I am now!

• Like 1

Mastodon- Once More'Round The Sun (9/10)

Mastodon- Blood Mountain (10/10)

Blood Mountain blew my mind when I was 15. It still does now.

ABBA-Voyage (7/10)

ABBA didn't re-invent the wheel here.......BUT they did Make an album that is what they do best. it is warm Melodic, un-apoligetically ABBA in every sense. here are four battle worn musicians giving you a serving of what they do best. No new frills or grabs for chart hits...... an album for fans but actually.......an album for themselves.

great album.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked