Rush- Moving Pictures (10/10)

Rush- Signals (9/10)

Rush- Grace Under Pressure (10/10)

Rush- Presto (8/10)

Rush- Roll The Bones (9/10)

Garth Brooks- No Fences (8/10)

• Like 4

Dream Theater-Systematic Chaos (7/10)

Well this album both sucks and yet.........i dig it? it's an anomoly it has two of my all time fav DT songs. In The Presence of Enemies (the whole thing....hate they separated it) and Ministry of Lost Souls (Can't put into words how much i love this song) Forsaken is great too. and Constant Motion is so damn hectic it gets me imto it.

BUT.........there's all the portnoy influence on tunes like Dark Eternal Night, Repentence (The worst of the 12 Step Suite) And Prophets of War (more of his Muse bullshit.......fukk off Mike)

he Really took an album with a ton of potential and mired it down with his I'm DT ego driven bullshit.

Mick

• Like 1

Well this album both sucks and yet.........i dig it? it's an anomoly it has two of my all time fav DT songs. In The Presence of Enemies (the whole thing....hate they separated it) and Ministry of Lost Souls (Can't put into words how much i love this song) Forsaken is great too. and Constant Motion is so damn hectic it gets me imto it.

BUT.........there's all the portnoy influence on tunes like Dark Eternal Night, Repentence (The worst of the 12 Step Suite) And Prophets of War (more of his Muse bullshit.......fukk off Mike)

he Really took an album with a ton of potential and mired it down with his I'm DT ego driven bullshit.

Mick

I've never heard this album, but from the way you describe it it just makes even more sense to me now that Portnoy wanted to break up the band after the next one. He has a lot of my respect for his work ethic and his drumming ability, but you don't ask your bandmates to quit with you just because you're ready to quit, especially not in a band that's proven its members are replaceable in the past. DT made the right decision letting him go, picking up Mangini, and getting on with their career.

• Like 1

Mick

I've never heard this album, but from the way you describe it it just makes even more sense to me now that Portnoy wanted to break up the band after the next one. He has a lot of my respect for his work ethic and his drumming ability, but you don't ask your bandmates to quit with you just because you're ready to quit, especially not in a band that's proven its members are replaceable in the past. DT made the right decision letting him go, picking up Mangini, and getting on with their career.

and it's not like portnoy never found work again, lol but.........that was his worst period. his ego just overtook him for the absolute worst.

and if he'd have stayed no joke we may not HAVE a DT. we may still be in the hiatus.

And DT IMO.....went on to make some of their best music.

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

and it's not like portnoy never found work again, lol but.........that was his worst period. his ego just overtook him for the absolute worst.

and if he'd have stayed no joke we may not HAVE a DT. we may still be in the hiatus.

And DT IMO.....went on to make some of their best music.

Mick

I just hope one day Portnoy wakes up and realizes things actually worked out pretty well for him and he can stop getting angry when he sees a DT fan in a Mangini era shirt.

• Like 1

Oasis - What’s The Story (Morning Glory)

Listening to BOC The Symbol Remains for the first time right now.... this is awesome!!!!

• Like 4

91fDyFd2NPL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Rush lovers YYNOT's second album. A super little band. Their new album is due this month.

Kites-art-this-winter-machine-458x458.jpeg

Latest album from This Winter Machine. Very good prog.

093624877462_s-500x500.jpg

Back to basics stuff from Zac Brown

R-1672902-1235988304.jpeg.jpg

My favourite Frankie Miller album. What a voice!

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked