Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

20000000131691.jpg?1630086181

New PFM album - I have only listened to the English version - It also comes in an Italian version - I will listen to that later.

So far I am pleasantly surprised.

By no means up there with their classic albums but pretty good nonetheless.

It's odd to me that this far into their career they're still playing the language game. I feel like I would've decided by now if I'd rather do things in English or Italian. Oh well, their call I suppose. No harm in it if the music's all the same.

Agreed. I look forward to listening to the Italian version. TBH on all the earlier albums that were done in two language versions, I tend to listen to the Italian versions only.

I've never listened to the english versions. I told I should check out Photos Of Ghosts for the extra song, but they just don't really interest me.

Storia Di Un Minuto, Per Un Amico and L'Isola Di Niente are perfect as they stand - English lyrics do nothing at all for them. The extra song, Old Rain is just an ok instrumental.
  • Like 1

Foo Fighters- Wasting Light (10/10)

I saw them on this tour, with Biffy Clyro and Jimmy Eat World supporting, at an outdoor venue. It was a hot summer night, all three bands were terrific, and Foo blew me away! And it ended in fireworks.

It was the sort of night you'd think would have turned me into a diehard Foo Fighters fan. It didn't, but I sure do enjoy them now!

This album, alongside Sonic Highways, is the BEST of Foo Fighters for me.

I saw them on this tour too. A Mariachi band and Rise Against opened. Great show. They played at least two and a half hours. They definitely went well over the 11pm curfew that we have for large arena shows around here. The venue must have been pissed at the band because they haven't been back here since.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

I saw them on this tour, with Biffy Clyro and Jimmy Eat World supporting, at an outdoor venue. It was a hot summer night, all three bands were terrific, and Foo blew me away! And it ended in fireworks.

It was the sort of night you'd think would have turned me into a diehard Foo Fighters fan. It didn't, but I sure do enjoy them now!

I saw them on this tour too. A Mariachi band and Rise Against opened. Great show. They played at least two and a half hours. They definitely went well over the 11pm curfew that we have for large arena shows around here. The venue must have been pissed at the band because they haven't been back here since.

How could you stay mad at Dave Grohl, lol.

I've been getting into Rise Against a bit recently. They'd be great with Foo Fighters for sure.

• Like 1

Was it The Bronx playing their Mariachi shit? I love that sometimes they're just a Mariachi band. They're pretty good at it but I love their punk stuff. :lol:

• Like 1

Was it The Bronx playing their Mariachi shit? I love that sometimes they're just a Mariachi band. They're pretty good at it but I love their punk stuff. :lol:

Yes, that was their name. Since the Foo Fighters aren't afraid to show their goofy side nobody there thought twice about seeing a Mariachi band play. Everybody's response was "of course the Foos would have this open the show".

• Like 3

Yes, that was their name. Since the Foo Fighters aren't afraid to show their goofy side nobody there thought twice about seeing a Mariachi band play. Everybody's response was "of course the Foos would have this open the show".

The Bronx are brilliant!!!!!

• Like 1

Biffy Clyro- The Myth Of The Happily Ever After (10/10)

Foo Fighters- One By One (8/10)

Avenged Sevenfold- Avenged Sevenfold (9/10)

Mastodon- Once More'Round The Sun (9/10)

My four favourite bands at this present time. Just loving them all so much, not sure why

• Like 2

• The topic was locked