The 2021 MLB Season Thread! Tatis Jr. Is A Stud! A's Padres World Series! Place Your Betts! LOL!

RUSHHEAD666

Brewers or Giants for me at this point, I guess.

They're the least odious for me, too.

This Giants team is easy to like. :yes:

My not wanting them to win is based solely on my hatred of the manager for his previous SHIT job done here. I will say again they are winning DESPITE having that jerkoff as a manager not because of him. Bahahahaa.

Where is "here"?

Philly. He was the worst architect of a batting order I ever saw. Granted our players were struggling but everything he did made it worse. Also terrible timing of taking pitchers out.

RIP Ray Fosse, who was never the same after getting leveled by Pete Rose in an exhibition game, dies at 74.

RIP Ray Fosse, who was never the same after getting leveled by Pete Rose in an exhibition game, dies at 74.

Rose just got busted for vandalizing/writing on Fosse’s gravestone: “You were blocking the plate, Ray. Get over it.”

Rose just got busted for vandalizing/writing on Fosse’s gravestone: “You were blocking the plate, Ray. Get over it.”

I am totally bummed. I knew Ray very well back in the 80's and 90's. He was always in my Safeway store where I used to work. Lived in the same town too. I always saw him at the local bank too.

He was such a nice guy. Amazing smile. Biggest hand I ever shook.

I remember taking my little girls to spring training 15 years ago. My oldest Zoe didn't believe me that I knew him.

So we walked right up to the both. Ray stood up and smiled. Shook my hand. Told him that it was great to see him. Introduced Zoe to him. He signed a ball for her.

My brother's son name their dog Ray Earl Fosse three years ago. Yes! His middle name is my first name.

RIP RAY! LOVE YOU!!!

• Like 2

Ouch (but I wouldn't put it past him).

Shildt out in StL?

Didn't see that coming...

Buddy of mine who's a Cards fan says it seemed like a matter of time. Disagreements with the front office and what seems like more of a cultural problem than anything and there signs all year.

I agree, from outside looking in I didn't see this one coming.

Edited by The Analog Cub
  • Like 1

Dodgers v. Giants tonight. Gotta be epic.

Great game, but I felt robbed with how it ended. I can't remember a worse call on a check swing. And I am a Dodgers fan. Always good to be on the winning end of a bad call.

On the upside, how about Bellinger being the hero of the series?!? And Justin Turner, going o-fer but leaning into one to become the winning run? Good stuff.

• Like 1

Great game, but I felt robbed with how it ended. I can't remember a worse call on a check swing. And I am a Dodgers fan. Always good to be on the winning end of a bad call.

Dodgers fan also, but simply put, the Giants got HOSED.
  • Like 2

Dodgers fan also, but simply put, the Giants got HOSED.

Absolutely, totally shit call, but................it was a pitch. They didn't get screwed out of the tying run. Remember, Flores was 0-17 lifetime against Scherzer. My gut tells me he whiffs on the next pitch. We'll never know and it doesn't excuse a really bad piece of umpiring. But, the likelihood that Max gets him out and the result is the same is very high.

• Like 1

If it's Dodgers and Asstros.

rL5Tdol.gif

I know as a Halos fan you don't like the Dodgers but man, you simply cannot root for the cheatros. Maybe the Barves get there and make it easy for you. I'm definitely rooting for LA or Atlanta in the WS. Sox are cheaters too. Fukk them.

Teams that I am rooting for in this order:

1) Red Sox

2) Dodgers

3) Astros

4) Braves

Yeah, I hate Atlanta that much.

Dodgers and Braves. Either American league team winning is horrible for baseball.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

1. Braves

2. Houston

3. LA

4. Boston

5. Yankees. (Oh wait, they're out. But we're still REALLY jealous of you...)

Teams that I am rooting for in this order:

1) Red Sox

2) Dodgers

3) Astros

4) Braves

Yeah, I hate Atlanta that much.

I personally don't care whether it's the Dodgers or Braves from the NL, but my dad is in his mid-80s, and he was a Boston Braves fan (the Sox were the "rich people's" team back then), so a Sox-Braves series would be cool for him.

https://pbs.twimg.co...jpg&name=medium

Now why would anyone think we need robo umps?

Brutal. And those weren't tough to see 99mph ones either.

Not at all. Just brutal calls.