Disliked Bands That You Wished Only Released 1-5 Studio Albums

stoopid

They still stink.

P-U

Well to each their own Lorraine. Everyone has different tastes. But there's simply no denying their musical brilliance, Gilmour and Wright in particular.

Too right about Gilmour and Wright. Surprised you didn’t mention Waters’ crafty lyrical content too.

Then there’s their influence on Rush. Can’t remember how many times I’ve heard or read about Lifeson drooling over Gilmour’s work or about Peart’s admiration of Waters’ pen.

• Like 1

Did you mention anything about being at a concert? Why would I go see such a stinky band?

They still stink.

P-U

You're such a drag!

And you're a narrow minded man.

Ouch! I was clearly being light hearted in my last two quotes replies, no reason to go full viper. You obviously hold some deep level of animosity towards the musical artists collectively know as Pink Floyd. That must be hard, seeing how they're kinda everywhere rock music is discussed and disseminated.

Curious though how anything I've posted makes me a "narrow minded man", if by implication not thinking like you makes me... or you? Narrow minded?

I did not know you were being light-hearted. That is where these things ;) come in handy. I have failed to use them also when I've been "light hearted" and have had similar reactions. My apologies.

As for narrow-minded, that you could not open your mind to the possibility that not everyone shares your taste in music and that someone may think differently than you.

As for Pink Floyd, not everyone likes them. I don't care how "musically genius" they are. I still think they stink and find their music plodding and boring.

:hi:

• Like 2

Did you mention anything about being at a concert? Why would I go see such a stinky band?

They still stink.

P-U

You're such a drag!

Ouch! I was clearly being light hearted in my last two quotes replies, no reason to go full viper. You obviously hold some deep level of animosity towards the musical artists collectively know as Pink Floyd. That must be hard, seeing how they're kinda everywhere rock music is discussed and disseminated.

Curious though how anything I've posted makes me a "narrow minded man", if by implication not thinking like you makes me... or you? Narrow minded?

I did not know you were being light-hearted. That is where these things ;) come in handy. I have failed to use them also when I've been "light hearted" and have had similar reactions. My apologies.

As for narrow-minded, that you could not open your mind to the possibility that not everyone shares your taste in music and that someone may think differently than you.

As for Pink Floyd, not everyone likes them. I don't care how "musically genius" they are. I still think they stink and find their music plodding and boring.

I never got to feeling they were plodding and boring. I just reached apathy.
  • Like 1

They still stink.

P-U

You're such a drag!

I never got to feeling they were plodding and boring. I just reached apathy.

For a while they were a 'top of the tree' rock band. Great musicians, great albums and great songs. Like a lot of things, as the years have gone on, the fire has fizzled out somewhat.
  • Like 1

They still stink.

P-U

Well to each their own Lorraine. Everyone has different tastes. But there's simply no denying their musical brilliance, Gilmour and Wright in particular.

Too right about Gilmour and Wright. Surprised you didn’t mention Waters’ crafty lyrical content too.

Then there’s their influence on Rush. Can’t remember how many times I’ve heard or read about Lifeson drooling over Gilmour’s work or about Peart’s admiration of Waters’ pen.

Phenomenal lyricist and conceptual writer and a fine bassist though musically nowhere near Dave and Rick.

Woe is me!!!

I must have incited the ire of the Gods of Rock and incurred their wrath. They have sought revenge on me by making PF songs go through my mind over and over and over.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

All in all you're just another brick in the wall

Lol and so am I.

I love most floyd up through the wall.

In particular animals. My first and still fave

But I get their not your cup of tea, so shine on you crazy diamond....

I had a friend who had his shrink tell his parents " no more pink floyd "

My posts were pretty over the top corny, that could have been the giveaway. Did you think I was serious when I suggested being banned for not liking Pink Floyd? I mean, who uses that phrase "being a drag" anymore?

Being that I really don't care what anyone on the internet thinks about my or anyone else's musical tastes, I'd not consider myself open or narrow minded. Perhaps... indifferent. So yeah, name calling isn't the most adult way of handling that.

Woe is me!!!

I must have incited the ire of the Gods of Rock and incurred their wrath. They have sought revenge on me by making PF songs go through my mind over and over and over.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

My Algie voodoo pig has done its work, I will remove the pins. You have clearly suffered enough.

How about liked bands that should have quit while they were ahead?

U2

I’d agree with that in regards to U2. Where do you think they should’ve quit?

No Line On The Horizon

I actually really enjoy NLOTH, but I’d cut it to get rid of the rest of their 00s albums.

I actually like the first half of the album. It's the 2nd half where it loses me.

Woe is me!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sex Pistols, speaking of bands that I find overrated, share your sentiments.

uOeUwYG.jpg

You'd love this podcast episode below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtKBAw9wNOE

• Like 1

Woe is me!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sex Pistols, speaking of bands that I find overrated, share your sentiments.

uOeUwYG.jpg

You'd love this podcast episode below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtKBAw9wNOE

Ooooo, Is this Sid Vicious??? Nancy Spungen's main squeeze and lover of ShaNaNa???

I look forward to watching ... :popcorn:

The bands, and groups "Pink Floyd", "U2", "Boston", "Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band", and while we're at it, if someone, or some people want to say "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers", "Yes", and "Genesis", too, then none of those bands, and groups should even be mentioned in a category like this. They have released fantastic, great, awesome, and amazing music, who a lot of people do like, love, appreciate, and admire. Edited by Derek19

The band, and groups "Pink Floyd", "U2", "Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band", and while we're at it, if someone, or some people want to say "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers", too, then none of those bands, and groups should even be mentioned in a category like this. They have released fantastic, great, awesome, and amazing music.

But how many of the albums by these bands could have not existed, and nothing would have changed? The general consensus for U2, as an example, is somewhere around Rattle and Hum that their output deviated and arguably degraded. It doesn't diminish their other albums, it's simply a product of bands seemingly able to tap into their creative reservoir for a time until it's tapped, then they become parodies of themselves the longer they try to bleed that creative stone.

• Like 1

Pink Floyd

One was enough and too many.

:goodone: They have never really done much for me.

They're about as prog as a bunch of old dad rockers wearing black wigs and tight pants to look "trendy".

I guess you had to be there.

Trendy ? Maybe after DSOTM but no fault of their own.

50616922297_b63f6d082e_c.jpg

I was there.

They stink.

Could never get past the "art school tosser" vibe.....

Seriously, they're pretty f***ing grim.

Even Gilmours sublime solos can't lift them out of the morass of mediocrity.

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 3

Pink Floyd

They're about as prog as a bunch of old dad rockers wearing black wigs and tight pants to look "trendy".

I was there.

They stink.

Grim is the right word for them. Don't listen to PF if on the brink of doing yourself in.

Pink Floyd

I was there.

They stink.

Grim is the right word for them. Don't listen to PF if on the brink of doing yourself in.

Unless you want to do yourself in and the time is right! :smoke:

• Like 1

I'd be fine with Genesis' output consisting of Duke - We Can't Dance.

I'd be fine with Genesis ' output consisting of...uh...of...I'm sure I'll come up with something eventually...