1981 - The YEAR - Which album is your selection from this group?

treeduck

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite 1981 album from this selection?

• Triumph - Allied Forces
    • Y&T - Earthshaker
    • Kiss - Music From The Elder
    • AC/DC - For Those About to Rock We Salute You
    • Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
    • Van Halen - Fair Warning
    • Black Sabbath - Mob Rules
    • Accept - Breaker
    • Judas Priest - Point of Entry
    • Iron Maiden - Killers
    • Thin Lizzy - Renegade
    • Blue Oyster Cult - Fire of Unknown Origin
    • Rainbow - Difficult to Cure
    • King Crimson - Discipline
    • Budgie - Nightflight
    • ZZ Top - El Loco
    • Journey - Escape
    • Saxon - Denim and Leather
    • Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry
    • UFO - The Wild, The Willing and the Innocent
    • The Michael Schenker Group - MSG
    • Blackfoot - Marauder
    • Tygers of Pan Tang - Spellbound
    • Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
    • Sammy Hagar - Standing Hampton
    • Foreigner - 4
    • Whitesnake - Come an' Get It
    • The Dregs - Unsung Heroes
    • Styx - Paradise Theatre
    • Electric Sun - Fire Wind
    • Genesis - Abacab
    • Survivor - Premonition
    • Krokus - Hardware
    • The Police - Ghost in the Machine
    • Joseph Perry's solo album from 1981 that THE CAT wants in this poll, I can't remember the name!

Krimson. (though I would choose Moving Pictures in a heatbeat.)

Fair Warning was awesome though too. I suppose my answer would depend on my mood. Allied Forces was stellar. Madien hadn't quite peaked for me yet. Actually, if you asked me in 1981, I might have said Journey Escape. But by the end of 81, it was all Rush, all decade.

Fair Warning was awesome though too. I suppose my answer would depend on my mood. Allied Forces was stellar. Madien hadn't quite peaked for me yet. Actually, if you asked me in 1981, I might have said Journey Escape. But by the end of 81, it was all Rush, all decade.

Let me just explain, this is a RUSH forum so obviously RUSH will win any polls against other bands 99% of the time. There's no point in making a poll when you know who's going to win before you start is there? Same thing in the 1982 thread.

• Like 2

Hard to say. I could go Allied Forces or Fair Warning. On the right day I could even go with Escape or For Those About...

I've still not made my mind up yet. I may have to do that tournament to get a winner for my vote.

Oh wait I didn't see Abacab...

Nah, for sentimental reasons I'll stick with Paradise Theater. One of a few "soundtrack" albums to a brief period of my life, in that case the summer between freshman and sophomore year of high school. Not their absolute peak, but one of my favorites.

Abacab is a darn close second though.

• Like 1

The Police's Ghost in the Machine, which I love, came out that year as well.

It's weird, cuz i love the songs, but it's my least favorite Police album.

Oh wait I didn't see Abacab...

Nah, for sentimental reasons I'll stick with Paradise Theater. One of a few "soundtrack" albums to a brief period of my life, in that case the summer between freshman and sophomore year of high school. Not their absolute peak, but one of my favorites.

Abacab is a darn close second though.

You need to take your time and really peruse the options before you vote. :cool:

• Like 1

I really wanted to vote for Point Of Entry, but I had to go for Killers.

I didn't pick one here... '81 was such a rich year for albums. Not mentioned here was also ELO's Time, and the Heavy Metal soundtrack. I'll even include Moody Blues this year, maybe their last good release. 1981 was aan excellent year to be 15 and just getting into collecting music.

Oh, yeah. And the Scorps!

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: rating.

Edited by ozzy85
  • Like 1

Let me just explain, this is a RUSH forum so obviously RUSH will win any polls against other bands 99% of the time. There's no point in making a poll when you know who's going to win before you start is there? Same thing in the 1982 thread.

Oh, I get it. Not complaining. I just give my perspective in the comments and where Rush would fall. As you pointed out in the 82 thread, you're not sure Rush would have won. Personally, I would still have chosen Rush in 82. 84 would have been much much closer!

• Like 1

I didn't pick one here... '81 was such a rich year for albums. Not mentioned here was also ELO's Time, and the Heavy Metal soundtrack. I'll even include Moody Blues this year, maybe their last good release. 1981 was aan excellent year to be 15 and just getting into collecting music.

Oh, yeah. And the Scorps!

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: rating.

There was no Scorpions album out in 1981!

• Like 1

Man...good year here.

But I went with Journey Escape. Too many amazing classics to pass this album up. Journey’s pinnacle.

I actually wouldn't. '81 is probably Rush's best chance (or '80), but MP would not top Fair Warning.

• Like 1

I actually wouldn't. '81 is probably Rush's best chance (or '80), but MP would not top Fair Warning.

For me....Moving Pictures blows by Fair Warning. And Fair Warning is my favorite Van Halen album!!!! Moving Pictures is #3 for me from Rush.....but still is a better album front to back....all day for me.

Both are amazing records. And totally different.

• Like 1

For me....Moving Pictures blows by Fair Warning. And Fair Warning is my favorite Van Halen album!!!! Moving Pictures is #3 for me from Rush.....but still is a better album front to back....all day for me.

Both are amazing records. And totally different.

Probably matters how you feel about each band. I like DLR VH more than Rush. MP is probably my favorite Rush album, but The Camera Eye and Vital Signs are both songs that I like but don't love. There is, literally, not one note on Fair Warning I don't love. The whole vibe of FW is perfect.

• Like 1