What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

1 hour ago, BastillePark said:

From what I've been able to find I'll retract the right wing part because according to him he doesn't support a particular political party but when you call a group of a certain race a "hate group" that is racist. Had George Lopez said the same about white people he'd be in the same position in my opinion.

His response was a foolish one, this is certain.  I'm curious, what is your take on what he was responding to?

1 hour ago, goose said:

His response was a foolish one, this is certain.  I'm curious, what is your take on what he was responding to?

According to what I found he was talking about a poll that said almost half of the black people polled said they were not okay with white people and he responded by saying "If nearly half of all Blacks are not OK with white people ... that's a hate group".  I don't know what the poll question asked nor how it was asked but his response is pretty plain to me.

10 hours ago, BastillePark said:

According to what I found he was talking about a poll that said almost half of the black people polled said they were not okay with white people and he responded by saying "If nearly half of all Blacks are not OK with white people ... that's a hate group".  I don't know what the poll question asked nor how it was asked but his response is pretty plain to me.

I wouldn't have said it, I like to eat and pay my bills. It sounds like a commentary on the all too easy way that people are labeled hate groups.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BastillePark said:

To me it seems that a normally reasonable person seems to have come to a breaking point in response to repeated exposure to intentionally inflammatory and divisive race-based media content.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, goose said:

To me it seems that a normally reasonable person seems to have come to a breaking point in response to repeated exposure to intentionally inflammatory and divisive race-based media content.  

There is way too much of that kind of thing that's for sure. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2023 at 12:56 PM, BastillePark said:

Who knew he was a right wing racist a$$hole? I didn't until yesterday. 

He's been a crank for many years but hadn't got much notice for it.  His comic strip started to show it with going from funny to mean spirited recently.  His YouTube channel brought it all out in the open.

On 2/26/2023 at 8:17 PM, BastillePark said:

The thing is that phrase “It’s OK to be White” is a dog whistle used on 4chan, no wonder the response to the question got a high negative.  This whole thing makes me think he wanted to blow things up on purpose

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhyta said:

The thing is that phrase “It’s OK to be White” is a dog whistle used on 4chan, no wonder the response to the question got a high negative.  This whole thing makes me think he wanted to blow things up on purpose

The thing is that phrase "it's OK to be White" can also be an innocuous opinion. I doubt most people know what 4chan is. I'm a relatively plugged guy who leans right and I barely know what 4chan is, I know it's something online that the left doesn't like. Is it Reddit for white supremacists?

1 hour ago, JohnRogers said:

The thing is that phrase "it's OK to be White" can also be an innocuous opinion. I doubt most people know what 4chan is. I'm a relatively plugged guy who leans right and I barely know what 4chan is, I know it's something online that the left doesn't like. Is it Reddit for white supremacists?

From my understanding 4chan is a hotbed for conspiracy theories and that phrase was on a chat there with links to white supremacy fans.  After reading some of Adams comments in the past, he has fanned some racist fires before so his selection of that poll with that question doesn't seem to be coincidental.

Edited by Rhyta

Having just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with a government agency, with most of it being them trying to identify me with obscure questions, you can now put me down as a big fan of the ID chip in the butt method! Scan me quick and be done! :biggrin: :biggrin:

5qltLGhl.jpg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, blueschica said:

Having just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with a government agency, with most of it being them trying to identify me with obscure questions, you can now put me down as a big fan of the ID chip in the butt method! Scan me quick and be done! :biggrin: :biggrin:

5qltLGhl.jpg

Last time I had to do something like that it was...

Them "What is your favorite movie?"

Me: "Life of Brian?  Young Frankenstein?  Wait, The Sting!"

Them: "Spinal Tap?"

Me: "Yes, yes, I love that one!"

• Haha 2

Tennis star Novak Djokovic was denied by the Feds a waiver that would have granted him entry to the US to participate in tournaments in CA and FL .   COVID mythology and its apparatchiks are proving very difficult to disarm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose said:

Tennis star Novak Djokovic was denied by the Feds a waiver that would have granted him entry to the US to participate in tournaments in CA and FL .   COVID mythology and its apparatchiks are proving very difficult to disarm

Biden is going to allow the federal COVID emergency expire on May 11th. If we had a functioning government opposed to a bloated bureaucracy the state department would fix the situation. I'd say the same thing if DeSantis was in the White House. This makes the USA looks silly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Biden is going to allow the federal COVID emergency expire on May 11th.

Not sure what that has to do with denying a waiver requested by the world's top tennis player, lol. 

COVIDiocy.

13 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Biden is going to allow the federal COVID emergency expire on May 11th. If we had a functioning government opposed to a bloated bureaucracy the state department would fix the situation. I'd say the same thing if DeSantis was in the White House. This makes the USA looks silly.

11 hours ago, goose said:

Not sure what that has to do with denying a waiver requested by the world's top tennis player, lol. 

COVIDiocy.

I'm sure we're applying that same standard at the southern border too, right?  No proof of vaccine?  Turn around and go back.  Right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

Wait, is politic discussion ok here again?

Depends, are you a caring progressive or an evil capitalist conservative?

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2023 at 10:18 AM, Rick N. Backer said:

I'm sure we're applying that same standard at the southern border too, right?  No proof of vaccine?  Turn around and go back.  Right?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/28/us/politics/vaccines-migrants-border.html

Maybe so . . . at least that was the plan a year ago . . .

4 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

Wait, is politic discussion ok here again?

Discussion here should be limited to the science and research around COVID.  That was my intention.  :cheers:

Picked up Ma's prescriptions this evening. While the pharmacist was bagging up the order, one of the assistants came nearby to get some orders.  He bent over to get the bag, putting his bare ass out in the open for all to see.  A young man, with no belt around his pants, of course.    

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Reading that Lauren Bobert is bragging about being a grandmother at 36 years old after her 17 year old son impregnated his 15 year old girlfriend. But she got pregnant as a teen and dropped out of high school so it must be true what they say about apples not falling far from the (trailer trash) tree.

:facepalm:

12 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Reading that Lauren Bobert is bragging about being a grandmother at 36 years old after her 17 year old son impregnated his 15 year old girlfriend. But she got pregnant as a teen and dropped out of high school so it must be true what they say about apples not falling far from the (trailer trash) tree.

:facepalm:

I'm sure she would have been more proud if her son had paid to kill the baby.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

I'm sure she would have been more proud if her son had paid to kill the baby.  

I wasn't going that route only that she talks about her beliefs and then when her son get's someone pregnant she acts like it's not that big of a deal. 

• Like 1