What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

4 hours ago, Rhyta said:

:rolleyes:  Let's keep riding that hobby horse, we care about life so much...please give it a rest.  The hypocrisy is too much. There are many children that are in need of help but because they live in the wrong zipcodes get ignored but we have to force 10 year olds to give birth. :sad:

The children whose lives are legally at risk are the ones unfortunate to be conceived in zip codes where your ideology is ascendent.

Approximately 800,000 children per year in the US are sacrificed at the altar of your ideology.  Killed.  Dead forever. Whether you recognize their humanity or not.  It's the biggest cause of children's deaths in the US by an order of magnitude.  Please spare the rest of us YOUR hypocrisy about life until you stop supporting the legal killing of children for convenience.  Life unworthy of life is something I thought civilization outgrew a few years ago.   Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be universally true.

According to this article, coming from a source you should trust, up to 10,000 additional babies were born in Texas since they changed their abortion law.  Do you consider this a tragedy or a blessing?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/06/health/texas-abortion-law-births/index.html

Edited by laughedatbytime
Made the number more accurate and the time more clear, also added a link and the last paragraph
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 8:23 PM, BastillePark said:

Idaho is the Alabama of the northwest but with way more Mormons (which is why they're so politically backward).

I assume this came out different than you intended.  I suspect you did not mean to imply that a state is "politically backward," because of the presence of a religious group in that state.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I assume this came out different than you intended.  I suspect you did not mean to imply that a state is "politically backward," because of the presence of a religious group in that state.

Progressives CAN'T STAND the Mormons, happy, successful, white Christians with intact families.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Progressives CAN'T STAND the Mormons, happy, successful, white Christians with intact families.

Substitute black for white and they'd hate them even more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

No it didn't. About 80% of Utah state politicians are Mormons and they have some backward views on what should happen in society. Trying to regulate how people should live their lives is one example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BastillePark said:

No it didn't. About 80% of Utah state politicians are Mormons and they have some backward views on what should happen in society. Trying to regulate how people should live their lives is one example.

What would you do, disenfranchise them because YOU think they're backwards?  If they pass unconstitutional laws there are remedies for that.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

When did this formerly harmless thread turn into a satellite location of SOCN?

This and similar threads have been cesspools of festering bigotry for a while now, probably since the beginning of COVID.   It's only recently that the groupthink has been challenged a bit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

When did this formerly harmless thread turn into a satellite location of SOCN?

27 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

This and similar threads have been cesspools of festering bigotry for a while now, probably since the beginning of COVID.   It's only recently that the groupthink has been challenged a bit.

We all know that SOCN is TRF's designated cesspool. To those of you who do not have SOCN access, if you would like to continue to talk about political issues, consider sending me a PM asking for cesspool access. Otherwise, we -- meaning all of us -- should try and keep politics where it belongs.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

We all know that SOCN is TRF's designated cesspool. To those of you who do not have SOCN access, if you would like to continue to talk about political issues, consider sending me a PM asking for cesspool access. Otherwise, we -- meaning all of us -- should try and keep politics where it belongs.

I haven't been around that long compared to some based on post counts but I don't know what SOCN refers to. Not sure why anyone would want access to a "cesspool" anyway. :blink:

A Lincoln County District judge (OK) is under investigation after security footage showed the jurist scrolling through her phone throughout a seven-day murder trial, The Associated Press reported.

Judge Traci Soderstrom, a new state judge elected in November, oversaw a brutal murder trial that began last month.

The case involved 32-year-old Khristian Tyler Martzall, who was accused of beating his then-girlfriend's 2-year-old son, Braxton Danker, to death, according to The Oklahoman, which first reported on Soderstrom's courtroom conduct.

According to the local paper, this was Soderstrom's first case. She began the trial by instructing the jury members to turn off all electronic devices — a common courtroom protocol — so that they could "concentrate on the evidence without interruption," The Oklahoman reported.  Soon after, Soderstrom proceeded to check her phone.

Footage from a ceiling security camera pointed above the judge's bench showed Sodestrom repeatedly checking her device, The Oklahoman reported. According to the newspaper, the judge used her phone throughout jury selection, opening statements, and witness testimony.

At one point, Soderstrom checked her cellphone during a tearful testimony from the victim's mother, Judith Danker. The footage also shows Soderstrom checking Facebook and, once, searching and sending a GIF, The Oklahoman reported.

Throughout the trial, the judge held her phone in her lap or sometimes set it down in a drawer at her desk, which can be seen in the security footage, according to the report.

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Principled Man said:

A Lincoln County District judge (OK) is under investigation after security footage showed the jurist scrolling through her phone throughout a seven-day murder trial, The Associated Press reported.

Judge Traci Soderstrom, a new state judge elected in November, oversaw a brutal murder trial that began last month.

The case involved 32-year-old Khristian Tyler Martzall, who was accused of beating his then-girlfriend's 2-year-old son, Braxton Danker, to death, according to The Oklahoman, which first reported on Soderstrom's courtroom conduct.

According to the local paper, this was Soderstrom's first case. She began the trial by instructing the jury members to turn off all electronic devices — a common courtroom protocol — so that they could "concentrate on the evidence without interruption," The Oklahoman reported.  Soon after, Soderstrom proceeded to check her phone.

Footage from a ceiling security camera pointed above the judge's bench showed Sodestrom repeatedly checking her device, The Oklahoman reported. According to the newspaper, the judge used her phone throughout jury selection, opening statements, and witness testimony.

At one point, Soderstrom checked her cellphone during a tearful testimony from the victim's mother, Judith Danker. The footage also shows Soderstrom checking Facebook and, once, searching and sending a GIF, The Oklahoman reported.

Throughout the trial, the judge held her phone in her lap or sometimes set it down in a drawer at her desk, which can be seen in the security footage, according to the report.

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

The defense lawyer will have that case thrown out pretty soon or at least get a new judge. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

I still can’t post gifs on Threads while others got it back.  You had one job, Zuckerturd.  If I want a site with no gifs then I’ll just go to Mastodon, thank you very much.

Is it your phone, maybe? Like needing an android update or something? Good luck.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:58 PM, laughedatbytime said:

What would you do, disenfranchise them because YOU think they're backwards?  If they pass unconstitutional laws there are remedies for that.

A bit late here but it is the other way around, Utah voters passed initiatives to change how the districts would be drawn up but the majority (LDS) in the legislature threw it out and set up a super majority for themselves.  So much for our political redress.

5 hours ago, Rhyta said:

A bit late here but it is the other way around, Utah voters passed initiatives to change how the districts would be drawn up but the majority (LDS) in the legislature threw it out and set up a super majority for themselves.  So much for our political redress.

Sorry to hear that. PA got told about four years ago that the state legislative districts had to be redrawn due to too much gerrymandering but the new districts aren't much fairer.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Mike Lindelll says he has big news regarding some election in 2020 that he's going to reveal tomorrow but today he said it came to him from god while he was praying. He also said if you don't believe his silliness you're an "evil satan worshiper". Were it real I'd be happy to worship satan before I'd believe him. I think he's off the wagon.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Mike Lindelll says he has big news regarding some election in 2020 that he's going to reveal tomorrow but today he said it came to him from god while he was praying. He also said if you don't believe his silliness you're an "evil satan worshiper". Were it real I'd be happy to worship satan before I'd believe him. I think he's off the wagon.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  This guy really has lost his grip on reality.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BastillePark said:

His big news? there wasn't any. He said they already have enough evidence to prove the election was fraudulent and "they" just won't accept it. I guess he'd know about fraud...

• Haha 2

West Virginia University - an NCAA Division 1 university, with 30,000 students - is dumping all foreign language courses. 

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Edited by Principled Man