Jump to content

What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??


Principled Man
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

If I had to guess, somewhere around 20% of the people at the Garden last night for the Eagles concert, based on the smell.

Good point. I'd guess a musical in a theater would be a different matter. I know I've never seen nor smelled anyone smoking anything at shows I've attended in a theater. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2023 at 10:47 PM, BastillePark said:

The governor of South Dakota who is a very vocal family values person has been having a long affair with one of Trump's ex-campaign manager. They're both married. 

Another one of those "do as I say not as I do" type of person.  Shouldn't be surprised, it's becoming the norm unfortunately.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No wonder they're striking.  The greedy CEO aholes of Max, Netflix et al don't care about them and it shows.  This has got to stop now before it gets worse.  I hope Martin wins the suit.

 

https://consequence.net/2023/09/george-r-r-martin-openai-lawsuit/

Edited by invisible airwave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, Canada...

Quote

A 98-year old was given standing ovation by the Canadian parliament during Zelensky's speech. He was hailed as a hero for fighting against the Russians. Yaroslav Hunk fought for the 14th division of the Waffen SS.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing knee jerk "You're an anti semite" reactions to the terrorist attack on Israel even on Threads of all places by those who should know better.  Hamas doesn't represent all of Palestine and Bibi for all of Israel.  Not everything is black and white.

It's called walking and chewing gum.  They should try it sometime.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Seeing knee jerk "You're an anti semite" reactions to the terrorist attack on Israel even on Threads of all places by those who should know better.  Hamas doesn't represent all of Palestine and Bibi for all of Israel.  Not everything is black and white.

It's called walking and chewing gum.  They should try it sometime.

This post.  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2023 at 11:47 PM, BastillePark said:

The governor of South Dakota who is a very vocal family values person has been having a long affair with one of Trump's ex-campaign manager. They're both married. 

I'm not surprised. "Rules for thee but not for me" is a classic with people like her.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2023 at 11:42 PM, BastillePark said:

Good point. I'd guess a musical in a theater would be a different matter. I know I've never seen nor smelled anyone smoking anything at shows I've attended in a theater. 

Bwahaha, some 45 or so years ago, I attend a concert at Detroit's Fisher Theater.  Mind you, this venue did plays and off Broadway musicals, nothing hard or crazy.  Well, they brought in a fellow and his band in support of an album called Imaginary Voyage.  It was Jon-Luc Ponty, and for the first couple of songs, everything was staid and polite.  Then, the third song was like a cue, Everybody- yours truly included-fired up.  A pleasant haze wafted throughout the theater from then on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Bwahaha, some 45 or so years ago, I attend a concert at Detroit's Fisher Theater.  Mind you, this venue did plays and off Broadway musicals, nothing hard or crazy.  Well, they brought in a fellow and his band in support of an album called Imaginary Voyage.  It was Jon-Luc Ponty, and for the first couple of songs, everything was staid and polite.  Then, the third song was like a cue, Everybody- yours truly included-fired up.  A pleasant haze wafted throughout the theater from then on.

Wow, I would have loved to see that, Jean Luc-Ponty is one of my favorites.  Only got to see him once in concert and it was fabulous.  Our concert hall was a bit too conservative for any smoking but JLP was doing that (with his playing) on his own :heart:ed his blue electric violin

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First, I'm greeted by a dead battery in the car.  Call road service who tries to quick charge,  but battery is toast.  Then not one, but both electronic keys go wonky, forcing me to insert key in holde ibside of console.    AAA guy says I should see dealer, and get keys replaced, which I'll do tomorrow.  We also joke about car replacement, and he advises me of a legit, honest dealer.  Will check that out later, but the Sonata may be on its last legs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2023 at 4:29 PM, pjbear05 said:

First, I'm greeted by a dead battery in the car.  Call road service who tries to quick charge,  but battery is toast.  Then not one, but both electronic keys go wonky, forcing me to insert key in holde ibside of console.    AAA guy says I should see dealer, and get keys replaced, which I'll do tomorrow.  We also joke about car replacement, and he advises me of a legit, honest dealer.  Will check that out later, but the Sonata may be on its last legs.

We are having similar problems with our Vue, 22 years old and have had to get it towed twice in 6 months.  :facepalm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn Fire tablet keeps acting up, won't fully charge and drains power very quickly.  I can try to let it sit charging for 8 hours and barely get to 60%.  It pretty old, and wouldn't be much of a financial pinch to replace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wanna get rich?  Invent a fake country!  

 

An $11.5 million scheme that prosecutors say involved a non-existent country and its fictional consulate ended last week with fraud convictions against a Milwaukee man and three Illinois co-conspirators.

 

A federal grand jury in August returned an 18-count indictment charging Aziz Hassan Bey of Milwaukee, Letez Osiris Bey, Minister Zakar Ali and Divine-Seven El with conspiracy to commit fraud and mail and wire fraud. Aziz Bey and Seven El also were charged with money laundering.

 

Through a variety of schemes the defendants attempted to fraudulently pocket about $11.5 million from two federal programs designed to help businesses that were struggling through the COVID-19 pandemic, the indictment and prosecutors charged. Prosecutors charged during the week-long trial that the defendants targeted loans from the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program and the Paycheck Protection Program.


The scheme ran from June 2020 through July 2021, prosecutors charged. They believe the foursome fraudulently collected nearly $1 million.


As part of the scheme, prosecutors say, the Consulate of Al Moroc was incorporated in 2018. Aziz Bey was listed as the registered agent and director for the fictional consulate office, state records show.  During the trial an official from the State Department testified that Al Moroc is not a country recognized by the U.S. and that it has no diplomatic status.


Prosecutors noted the address the defendants used for Al Moroc is actually a duplex in Milwaukee.

 

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

 

 


 

Edited by Principled Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's someone on the X that is exactly the type of person NEP wanted nothing to do with. She calls Geddy "her boy" and today she X'd this

 

NEVER WILL THERE EVER BE ANOTHER GUITARIST, BASSIST OR DRUMMER/LYRICIST THAT WILL EVER MATCH THE SKILL SET OF THESE THREE MEN. THEY’RE FAR MORE THAN MERE MASTERS OF THEIR CRAFT…THEY’RE BLESSED WITH AN EXTENDED ABILITY THAT FOREVER SETS THEM LIGHT YEARS APART FROM ALL OTHERS

 

:facepalm:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2023 at 1:16 PM, invisible airwave said:

Heard about that fight challenge towards a teamster head that happened in congress and as the son of a retired UPS driver, I personally say that Markwayne Mullin can go pound sand.

I thought Bernie handled that well

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, goose said:

I thought Bernie handled that well

I heard that before I saw it, the audio version was funny. I applaud Sanders for being the adult in the room.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...