Your top 5 albums of all time?

Texas King

Beatles - 1967-1970

I almost put that on my list.

I question if compilations should be allowed :)

I think they should not. I also think live albums are a close call. In most cases you're still getting a "greatest hits" type set. Not my call of course, and people can put down anything they like, but for me, these types of lists should be reserved for a studio album.

• Like 2

Beatles - 1967-1970

I think they should not. I also think live albums are a close call. In most cases you're still getting a "greatest hits" type set. Not my call of course, and people can put down anything they like, but for me, these types of lists should be reserved for a studio album.

http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/book_images/cvr9780743547758_9780743547758_lg.jpg

For what it's worth, though, I agree with you,

Beatles - 1967-1970

I'm OK with live albums. For me ATWAS and Unleashed are essential and sound nothing like the studio versions.

Beatles - 1967-1970

I'm OK with live albums. For me ATWAS and Unleashed are essential and sound nothing like the studio versions.

True (although I'm sure you know Unleashed takes heat for not really being "live") but most bands don't play their filler live, and certainly wouldn't put it on a live album.

• Like 1

Wow.....that is a tough mother of a question.

1. Permanent Waves - Rush

2. Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd

3. Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin

4. Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche

5. Fear Of A Blank Planet/Nil Recurring - Porcupine Tree

• Like 5

Beatles - 1967-1970

Yeah. Otherwise...here's my five:

1. 0075678214424_p0_v1_s272x272.jpg

2. 91kRfBABc%2BL._SY450_.jpg

etc.

Beatles - 1967-1970

Yeah. Otherwise...here's my five:

1. 0075678214424_p0_v1_s272x272.jpg

2. 91kRfBABc%2BL._SY450_.jpg

etc.

s-l225.jpg

• Like 1

I'll go with:

Caress Of Steel

Hemispheres

Allman Brothers - Fillmore East

Grateful Dead - Two From The Vault

Led Zeppelin I

Going with the 'all time' theme and chose the albums that have always been favorites as opposed to albums that may be current favorites but might not be in ten years.

• Like 2

Beatles - 1967-1970

http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/book_images/cvr9780743547758_9780743547758_lg.jpg

For what it's worth, though, I agree with you,

For the life of me, I'll never understand the mindset on this forum of some that whenever someone offers an opinion that differs from your own, without suggesting yours is "stupid" or "idiotic" or anything else negative, that is somehow bad.

I could easily list another 5 albums, probably 5 times over (25 albums) as so much music has filled my life. Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Impossible to boil down the 1100+ albums I keep in my music library.... but what the feck:

Rush - Moving Pictures (could have gone with PeW, Hemi, and maybe even Signals, AFtK or 2112 - but MP lit the fuse for me!)

Led Zep - Physical Graffiti (I adore all LZ albums, but PG has all bases covered)

Steven Wilson - Hand.Cannot.Erase. (thought about Porcupine Tree - love them all - and even Raven, but H.C.E. is the most complete artistic statement - like a great movie, it moves me every time.)

YES - Close to the Edge (love all classic Yes, but this one most consistently takes me away)

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (cliche, I know. But it is a masterpiece. Could have been Animals or Dark Side as well...)

narrowly missing the cut: King Crimson (In the Court of the Crimson King... or Red.... or Discipline...) Tull (Songs from the Wood... or Thick as a Brick... or Aqualung...), Genesis (Selling England by The Pound... or Trick of the Tail...) Zappa (One Size Fits All.... or a multitude of others...) Tool (Lateralus... or Aenima...)...Roger Waters (Amused to Death), Anathema (Weather Systems... or...) Opeth (Ghost Reveries... or Watershed... or BlackWater Park)...Crosby Still Nash, King's X, Queen, Queensryche, Beatles, Allan Holdsworth, Dixie Dregs, Mahavishnu........ damn, could go on all day...

• Like 2

For the life of me, I'll never understand the mindset on this forum of some that whenever someone offers an opinion that differs from your own, without suggesting yours is "stupid" or "idiotic" or anything else negative, that is somehow bad.

Wasn't trying to imply anything like that.

Then my bad and I apologize. I thought the use of Rush Limbaugh was intended to imply you were.

I'm still alive so I can't tell you what my "all time" favorite albums are. :P But seriously, it would have to be a current, all time list because things change, musical taste being but one. Hemispheres Steely Dan - The Royal Scam Tool - 10,000 Days Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun Clutch - Robot Hive/Exodus Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 2

I'm still alive so I can't tell you what my "all time" favorite albums are. :P But seriously, it would have to be a current, all time list because things change, musical taste being but one. Hemispheres Steely Dan - The Royal Scam Tool - 10,000 Days Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun Clutch - Robot Hive/Exodus

10,000 days huh? better than Aenima?

Then my bad and I apologize. I thought the use of Rush Limbaugh was intended to imply you were.

No worries.

No, I just did a search for 'the way things ought to be', hoping I'd find a humorous meme of some kind, but ol' Rush Limbaugh was the first thing I found.

I didn't even realize that he had a book by that title. :huh: