How much the Rush album 2112 sounds like Zeppelin?

Texas King

How much the Rush album 2112 sounds like Zeppelin?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How much the album 2112 sounds like Zeppelin?

• 1(nothing alike)
    • 5(totally alike)

Not much. Both hard rock. 2112 is dripping with prog. That's what makes it so delicious! :haz:
  • Like 2

It doesn't sound like Zeppelin.

Finding My Way sounds like Zeppelin. Beneath, Between, and Behind sounds like Zeppelin. 2112 sounds like a confident young band playing heavy progressive rock...and taking after full-fledged prog acts, not Zeppelin.

• Like 3

The album where Rush one hundred percent cemented their own sound. There wasn't much out there at the time that sounded like that.

What the Hell are you talking about. When I first heard the beginning to 2112 Overture, I thought it was "Stairway to Heaven".

Not much.

Although I'll admit, I still often start singing the first verse of Communication Breakdown when Grand Finale starts

• Like 1

Very different in the realm of hard rock, but from a broader perspective they gain a few more similarities.

If there had been a zero option, I probably would have still clicked "1"

There is some JP in the acoustic parts of Lessons, and as YL mentioned, Grand Finale bears some resemblance to Communication Breakdown ...

I really like Led Zep, and their success is in proportion with how great they truly were ... But both Page and John Paul Jones were seasoned session musicians prior to Led Zep - they were pros, and while that showed in the music, it isn't quite as endearing as the adventurous spirit that a bar band from Toronto had that bonded them with misfit and outcast kids .... Call it lack of direction or call it whatever you want, but that is what I hear in early Rush and never heard in Led Zep ..

So the two bands don't really sound the same at all

yeah, ramble on Lucas !!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

This is arguably the last album that RUSH had any semblance of a Led Zeppelin sound in their music. They were well and truly on their way to having a unique sound, but there are still a few vestiges of the sound that dominated the first two albums and was decidedly more Led Zeppeliny.

It most certainly does not sound like Led Zeppelin.

I'd be interested to find out where Texas King is coming from, on this one. There has to be something in his opinion that validates the question.

Or he's just being an instigator. :LOL: