Greg Lake Dead

Tony R

Just like with Bowie and Glenn Frey and others, we had no idea he was sick until it was too late...It seems like a recurring theme with all these celebrities dying in 2016 is the fact that they are hiding their illnesses from the public and not mentioning it at all until they are either cured or drop dead.... :(
  • Like 1

So sad. Just listened to Knife Edge and Take a Pebble the other day, thinking of Keith and blown away by Greg's singing and ELPs musicianship. Not knowing at the time this would be my last listen with Greg with us.

Greg also brilliant on King Crimson's 21st Century Schizoid Man...that tune blew me away when I first heard it way back. A must listen for all prog rockers.

Like Rush on steroids.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 3

He had one of the best voices in prog rock I think. And his seamless switches from bass to guitar just blow me away. To be in a band that contained the greatest keyboardest of all time, and one of the best drummers, and still not be outshined by them really shows how great of a musician he is.

I think my favorite performance is his guitar solo in Tarkus. One of the most underrated guitar solos.

Today I'm gonna listen to some King Krimson and ELP.

RIP and thanks for all the great memories.

• Like 3

Greg was one of my favorite vocalists in prog rock. Just a real amazing voice. Gabrielgirl mentioned 21st Century Schizoid Man. I would like to add Pictures of a City from the 2nd Crimso album. And Cat Food too. Great vocals. Just so warm and forceful and graceful.

Very sad. Unfortunately 2016 is not over yet. What a year for losing some musical greats. ELP were one of my favourites back in the day. I mean who else could bring out a full symphony orchestra to back a stadium tour, and have young rockers like old me get totally into it?
  • Like 3

CARL PALMER official statement on the passing of Greg Lake

It is with great sadness that I must now say goodbye to my friend and fellow band-mate, Greg Lake. Greg’s soaring voice and skill as a musician will be remembered by all who knew his music and recordings he made with ELP and King Crimson. I have fond memories of those great years we had in the 1970s and the many memorable shows we performed together. Having lost Keith this year as well, has made this particularly hard for all of us. As Greg sang at the end of Pictures At An Exhibition, “death is life.” His music can now live forever in the hearts of all who loved him.

Carl Palmer

December 8, 2016

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 3