Your 3 favorite rock trio bands beside Rush?

Texas King

- Shonen Knife

Hey, they were the first band I saw out here. Very small club, good fun. The opening acts were good too.

I just read that the drummer for Shonen Knife (during the time I saw them perform) died in a car accident in New Jersey about 10 years ago. The events of the car accident sound like a nightmare.

Oh, this may surprise you Lucas: Despite this being Shonen Knife's hometown, I've never met a fan of theirs outside of that gig. Also, I've never met a teen that's even heard of them. And I used to ask regularly at the high schools I worked. Truly an underground band even after all these years and in their hometown.

• Like 2

- Shonen Knife

Hey, they were the first band I saw out here. Very small club, good fun. The opening acts were good too.

I just read that the drummer for Shonen Knife (during the time I saw them perform) died in a car accident in New Jersey about 10 years ago. The events of the car accident sound like a nightmare.

Oh, this may surprise you Lucas: Despite this being Shonen Knife's hometown, I've never met a fan of theirs outside of that gig. Also, I've never met a teen that's even heard of them. And I used to ask regularly at the high schools I worked. Truly an underground band even after all these years and in their hometown.

Yeah, JB, I remember that - it was awful, an absolute tragic nightmare .... That was Mana Nishiura who was also the drummer in DMBQ - that is who she was touring with when she died ..

I saw Shonen Knife in 1994, so that would have been a different drummer ... They were great, I loved them in the 90s and still do ....

• Like 1