Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

On a big Poison kick at the moment. Great party band, underrated by music snobs for the most part. They wrote a truckload of killer tunes.

Hair metal is really great fun!

Only recently came off my binging of Ratt and Dokken.

I've started paying more attention to Dokken lately. They were really a good band.

Back For The Attack is a GREAT album. Every time I hear Mr. Scary I repeat it for hours...just a great album and it's so easy to listen too.

Tooth and Nail is my fave by them

Steely Dan. Might take a dive into their catalog on Spotify tomorrow. I've been a fan for a long time but have never done a real album listen.

Got into them in early 2014. I've got all their vinyls aside from their last two since they haven't had the treatment or reissue yet. Royal Scam is my personal favorite.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Steely Dan. Might take a dive into their catalog on Spotify tomorrow. I've been a fan for a long time but have never done a real album listen.

Got into them in early 2014. I've got all their vinyls aside from their last two since they haven't had the treatment or reissue yet. Royal Scam is my personal favorite.

Aja is my favourite but probably because it's the only one I have on vinyl and I've came to them via one of the compilation albums and I've gradually added their albums over the years. Still have a couple (like Katy Lied) on cassette/tape! Just need a tape player to play them again....

• Like 1

Epica

Finally, a new album! Nearly five years since The Holographic Principle came out, and that album brought me into the fold. Epica went from being a band I rolled my eyes at, to perhaps my favourite band in the genre. Epica and Nightwish are two desert island bands for me.

The new album is once again brilliant. Time will tell where it stands amongst the rest of their discography.

Been getting into the Van Halen catalog this week. I listened to it end to end when Eddie died, and was impressed. I'd forgotten how good some of the deeper cuts are - especially in the DLR era.

Went back to it this week, and really enjoyed those songs again. I have to admit that I wasn't a huge fan back in the day. I don't think I ever played a VH record end to end back then. - But am appreciating them now.

• Like 2

It's been a long time since I was last hooked, but Mastodon.

I'm the odd person who was never a fan of Crack The Skye. I loved everything before it, and nowadays I really enjoy what came after it. Growing up, alongside Opeth and Trivium, they were my favourite metal band outside the goth/symphonic styles.

They are working their way back to the top of my lists.

Devin Townsend Project or basically anything with Devin Townsend at the helm.

Love his stuff. Ocean Machine and singing with Steve Vai set me on the way. I thought I had all his non-Strapping Young lad stuff except Empath (which I must get) but I might have missed the odd one - oops!

Throw in Iron Maiden and Dream Theater

I'm all about great playing and big melodies!

• Like 3