My dog passed away today... :(

EagleMoon

I was never a pet owner myself but I have family and friends who have lost pets and clearly, it IS a huge loss. I saw how deeply if affected them, and I know a pet is more than just an animal.

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

• Like 3

So sorry for your loss, it is heartbreaking to lose them. At least she is not in pain any longer, it is hard to let them go though. Like Troutman suggested, baby yourself in whatever way helps. You gave her a good life and lots of love, she will be with you in memories. Grieving takes time, I still miss my cats and cry when I see pictures so don't be ashamed to let your feelings out.

Take care and bless you :hug2:

• Like 2

I'm so sorry to hear this, EagleMoon- your pictures of Xena are beautiful. We lost our cat, Cinnamon, under similar circumstances last fall and it is so hard but I'm glad you had a lot of time to make memories with her. ((Hugs)) to you and I'm sure the path of what to do on the new job will become clear; just take the time you need for yourself and take it easy.. Take care- I'll be thinking of you. . .
  • Like 2

Sorry for your loss Eagle :hug2:

My cat passed away a couple of weeks ago, so I know that this is a big deal. My thoughts are with you :rose:

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 5

I'm so sorry to hear this, Eagle. :hug2: And I also may be going through the same thing, sooner rather than later.

My dog, Mike, is a mix of Catahoula and Plott hound- he lived in Louisiana and was separated from his original owner during Hurricane Katrina. He was rescued by a veterinarian who was part of a group that rescued over a thousand pets who were displaced by the storm. She took him home with her, to Kansas, and later moved up here, and I ended up getting him. I was told that he was about a year and a half old when I got him, but I have no way of knowing for sure. But that makes him at least eleven this year. He's still in good health, but I have watched him slow down a lot, in general.

He's seen me through a lot of things. And he's lying down at my feet as I'm writing this right now. :) I'm just glad that he's in good health now...but I know it can't be long before that's going to change, too.

I know it may not help much to hear right now, but time does heal all wounds. Take comfort in knowing that you gave Xena a great life.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear this. It's always hard losing a pet who has been a part of you life for so long. My daughter helps raise service dogs and she has had a standard poodle for the past year or so. Best dog I've ever been around. I'm sure your Xena will be missed.
  • Like 1

She had been going downhill for the past year or so, getting weaker in her back legs. Yesterday she was really sick and today I was able to get her to the vet who told me she had a massive tumor in her abdomen and was bleeding internally. Very high probability of Cancer and she was in a lot of pain. I am heartbroken. She was about to turn 14 and had been an awesome dog. I will miss her very very much. I know there are people out there who don't think losing a pet is a big deal, but for me it's never easy.

I will miss you terribly Xena.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/IMG_1557_zpsyuubszrw.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/IMG_5035_zpsjmxuzstx.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/IMG_1410_zps5zqpuyzi.jpg

What a gorgeous girl Xena..! :wub:

The third pic is just great! :)

I'm really very sorry for your loss. I honestly can't imagine how you must be feeling right now... :hug2:

• Like 2

http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gif Rainbow Bridge http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Edited by Chicken hawk
  • Like 8

http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gif Rainbow Bridge http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gif

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Author unknown...

:goodone:

• Like 1

Author unknown...

I wish you hadn't posted that. :( Reminds me of the very first time I had to bring a cat that I had rescued when she was an abandoned kitten to be put down. Her name was Lulu, and she had leukemia. They handed that to me after they euthanized her and I read it in the car going home. It did me in. I still have it here.

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss. The only time my kids ever saw me cry is when I lost my cat, Mao. :(

I hope you can get a new dog. Nothing fills the void like a new puppy! :banana:

• Like 3

So sorry for your loss. "Gabriel" is in reference to a long departed pet that was part of our home for nearly 20 years. "Gil" is as well, although he was with us only 14 great years!

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 2

Author unknown...

Among the best words I have ever read.

You deserve a mention just for quoting these words.

And i can only add myself to the list of the ones that mourns another innocent loss.

• Like 2