• Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Different Stages
    • Vapour Trails
    • Feedback
    • Compilation (Archive, etc)

Mine was A show of hands. I bought it because I was looking for Time Stand Still (I had seen the video on MTV and liked the song). Coconuts didn't have Hold Your Fire but they did have ASOH on cassette.

Bought Power Windows as a "filler" when I joined Columbia House way back when. Don't recall what else I got then because all I listened to for months was Power Windows until the tape broke in the all mighty Walkman.

From there, I bought them in chronological order. Only true vinyl album I have is Archives (gray cover) and I had it ripped to mp3 format a while back. May go back and buy all the vinyls I can.

The first CD I bought was Clockwork Angels, I pre-ordered it ofcourse! But I had downloaded all their albums like 2 years before that, and now, after I got the Clockwork Angels album, I am buying rest of the albums as remastered, only need like 4 more albums, and then I got them all, Rush is one of the few that deserve my money, rest of the music I just download!
  • Like 1

But the first album I started to listen on was Moving Pictures, since that was the only album my dad had, and he thought that it was their only good album, I dident like Rush at all, and then Rush came to my country with their Moving Picture Tour 2011.

Then my dad forced me to come with him and see Rush. And I really hated Rush then, I couldent stand Geddys voice. And my dad had tryed to make me like the Moving Picture album for years! But when I saw them play live, I fell in love with them, and now I am listening on them all the time, almost to much, my parents is complaining bevause I only listen on Rush.

So I am happy that my dad forced me to go and see them live. I have even showed him some other albums with Rush, that he have also started to like! Not as much as me thou!

The only thing I regret is that I dident like Rush earlier, I wanted to see their R30 tour, and see them play their old songs, now I will probarly never see their old songs. Well I will see a bit of 2112 now on the Clockwork Angels Tour, when they are comming to my country, I will even see them twice this tour. I am going to another country to see them aswell, I cant wait!!!!!

Edited by Zumbi

I bought 2112 and Hemispheres at the same time, but I was mainly in the store to buy 2112. My brother already had The Spirit of Radio Greatest Hits CD, so I owe him for leading me down the path to become the fan I am today.

2112 for me, back in 1976. My buddy played 2112 for me on his turntable and I went out the next day and bought it. The next day I went back and bought ATWAS.

My brother handed me the Chronicles Disc 2 CD in the car one day (I don't think he liked Rush). I have not been able to stop listening to them since. Now I have just about all of their albums except for the Grace Under Pressure Tour.

Caress Of Steel.

Caught it at a flea market one day for... $2, or so. I'd heard Rush before (a friend sent me most of The Spirit Of Radio, as in the compilation ... and Red Sector A and Far Cry, for some reason), and had seen the album's cover before (actually before I even heard Rush a friend sent me an image of the cover, I thought it was just something random at the time), so I figured it was worth the gamble. It was, indeed!

I think I grabbed 2112 at the next flea market (and was amazed at 2112's length, only having heard the first two parts before), then Moving Pictures, then Roll The Bones. Needless to say, well, I got into them again! I have everything except Feedback, nowadays.

I don't exactly remember if I bought any Rush albums on my own before Hold Your Fire, or if the ones before that were all things that my brother turned me onto. But Hold Your Fire was the first one I bought after he died, so I'll go with that one.