Test your opinion

Red3angel

Test for Echo: C+

Driven: A+

Half the World: F, but only because negative infinity isn't a grade. Worst piece of dreck they ever recorded

The Color of Right: C-

Time and Motion: C-

Totem: C-

Dog Years: D

Virtuality: B

Resist: C- though the live acoustic version deserves a B

Limbo: C

Carve Away the Stone: D

GPA: 1.85, though if HTW is taken into account with the real value, it would be negative infinity

Lyrics: F (or E for embarrassing)

I’m just putting mine here with yours to see how they look stacked next to each other.

Test for Echo: B-

Driven: B+

Half the World: C-

The Color of Right: C-

Time and Motion: B

Totem: C

Dog Years: C-

Virtuality: C-

Resist: C

Limbo: C

Carve Away the Stone: D

GPA: 2.06 (or almost exactly a C average as you can tell)

There are just a lot of songs on it that I don’t think too much about but don’t really dislike either.

Test for Echo would be third from the bottom of all Rush studio albums (not including Feedback).

• Like 1

Look at it this way: if your child goes from getting all As, to getting Cs and Ds, to getting Cs, you can either think Cs are OK, or you can ask if that's really their best work.

Well, in this case, the child didn’t suddenly go from getting all As to Cs and Ds. That is, the three previous report cards certainly weren’t all As.

Look at it this way: if your child goes from getting all As, to getting Cs and Ds, to getting Cs, you can either think Cs are OK, or you can ask if that's really their best work.

Well, in this case, the child didn’t suddenly go from getting all As to Cs and Ds. That is, the three previous report cards certainly weren’t all As.

No, but Hemispheres, PeW and MP were straight As. I personally would give Signals an A and GUP an A-. It's at that point the grades dip. I'd rate RtB, CP and T4E better than the 3 albums before them.

• Like 1

No, but Hemispheres, PeW and MP were straight As. I personally would give Signals an A and GUP an A-. It's at that point the grades dip. I'd rate RtB, CP and T4E better than the 3 albums before them.

Yes and no for me.

Hemispheres - MP are A+ albums over here. Signals, is an A. GUP yeah, A-. PoW & HYF would be Bs. Presto would probably have something like a 2.3-2.5 GPA for me.

NOOOOOOO, lol.

i like 2 tracks.

Driven and Resist.

it was a goofy attempt to continue being alt. rock. when they did it just great on Counterparts.

Mick

I'm with Mick; I only like Resist and Driven and I find Carve Away the Stone going through my head at odd times. Other than those, meh.

• Like 2

NOOOOOOO, lol.

i like 2 tracks.

Driven and Resist.

it was a goofy attempt to continue being alt. rock. when they did it just great on Counterparts.

Mick

I'm with Mick; I only like Resist and Driven and I find Carve Away the Stone going through my head at odd times. Other than those, meh.

Carve Away the Stone is catchy as hell.

• Like 2

Guess I'm pretty lucky then. Mine is all As and A minuses with a smattering of B pluses. (No A pluses though.)

Test For Echo - Great

Driven - Awesome

Half the World - Good

Color of Right - Good

Time and Motion - Awesome

Totem - Good

Dog Years - eh

Virtuality - eh

Resist - Good

Limbo - Great

Carve Away the Stone - Good

And that's my opinion!

wow....this exactly, like note for note.

• Like 1

I wouldn't label anything off Test as "awesome". Even the highs like the title track and Driven are , compared to the rest of their work, at best "pretty good"

The solos on Time & Motion and Totem are sublime. What's going on behind the solo in Totem is some of Rush's best moments.

• Like 1

Test For Echo - Great

Driven - Awesome

Half the World - Good

Color of Right - Good

Time and Motion - Good

Totem - Great

Dog Years - top 15 Rush song for me....LOVE IT

Virtuality - Great

Resist - Great

Limbo - good

Carve Away the Stone - Good

And that's my opinion!

Edited by Mithrandir
  • Like 4

Great album obvs but after Counterparts i remember thinking was a slightly low-key follow-up just in general sound, CP was just so full of juice after previous albums could've used another just like it in same way hemispheres followed AFTK

It's a very so-so album that was followed by an awesome tour.

The tour was fantastic! :yes:

Yep. Had to go twice it was so good. I mean 2112 in it's entirety am I right?

You are. sir!