What's the weather like right now?

jamie

Furnace motor quit yesterday morning. We've had no heat since then.

Today it is 19 with northeast winds of 28 mph

In short - cold

Geez, Lorraine. I hope you get some relief soon. How are you managing? Cuddled under blankets with lots of hot tea?

High/Low Forecast!

Sat: 1 / -16

Sun: -3 / -17

Mon: 2 / -17

:sundog: :sundog: :sundog:

Edited by Principled Man

Frigid! And we have anywhere from 4-10 inches of snow coming Sunday and Monday. We hardly see these kind of temperatures (single digits) and we don't get a snowstorm maybe once every 5-10 years! Needless to say I'm ready for spring.

Lorraine, I really hope the furnace gets fixed soon. Take care and be safe. :heart:

• Like 1

In short - cold

Geez, Lorraine. I hope you get some relief soon. How are you managing? Cuddled under blankets with lots of hot tea?

Don't ask. It doesn't help having an adult child running around telling me every five minutes how cold he is.

I wish I could just get in my car and drive and drive and drive and never ever ever look or go back.

16 degrees right now. Single digits with the wind chill. Seems like everyone is having a cold stretch right now. Snow fell last weekend and has barely melted since it hasn't warmed up enough yet. Good news is that we could hit 30 degrees next week. So a heatwave is coming.

In short - cold

If you're a renter Lorraine, I'm guessing that legally the landlord has to get you heat ASAP.

For the first time that I can remember, the dipshit weather people forecast a major snow event and they were actually correct. We're sitting on over 8 inches and I'd guess as you go up I-5 20 or so miles there would be more as that's usually the case. South of us in Salem, OR (40 miles south) they have like literally an inch of ice and of course tree limbs are breaking left and right and power lines are down all over the city. The good news is that they'll warm up by this afternoon and the ice will be gone. We are supposed to be over 40 by Monday afternoon so our snow likely will all be gone by Tuesday morning (especially if it rains as predicted).

APasErW.jpg

8DexjCE.jpg

• Like 1

In short - cold

Use the oven. Crack the oven door and put a fan at the entrance to the kitchen to circulate the air. I've had to do that for as long as a month before. It will eventually burn out electric elements but it works in a pinch. If it's gas don't get the fan too close to the oven. Best of luck!

• Like 2

For the first time that I can remember, the dipshit weather people forecast a major snow event and they were actually correct. We're sitting on over 8 inches and I'd guess as you go up I-5 20 or so miles there would be more as that's usually the case. South of us in Salem, OR (40 miles south) they have like literally an inch of ice and of course tree limbs are breaking left and right and power lines are down all over the city. The good news is that they'll warm up by this afternoon and the ice will be gone. We are supposed to be over 40 by Monday afternoon so our snow likely will all be gone by Tuesday morning (especially if it rains as predicted).

APasErW.jpg

8DexjCE.jpg

Some of those people down south have it pretty bad. No power and it's cold. Our dogs don't mind it but the chickens don't care for it at all.

• Like 1

In short - cold

Use the oven. Crack the oven door and put a fan at the entrance to the kitchen to circulate the air. I've had to do that for as long as a month before. It will eventually burn out electric elements but it works in a pinch. If it's gas don't get the fan too close to the oven. Best of luck!

I did do that. The oven did more to heat the place than the crummy electric heaters. Wish we had our kerosene heater here, but we left it behind when we moved.

Wood stoves ought to be essential in every home.

• Like 1

Tonight its going below ZERO.....Snow this week sunday Tuesday night into Wednesday, then again FridAY. PLOWABLE EVENTS.

Donna, what kind of heat source do you have in your home - gas or electric? Does it keep your home warm when it gets that cold?

• Like 1

Tonight its going below ZERO.....Snow this week sunday Tuesday night into Wednesday, then again FridAY. PLOWABLE EVENTS.

Donna, what kind of heat source do you have in your home - gas or electric? Does it keep your home warm when it gets that cold?

I live in an apt building that has oil heat. I have no complaints about my heat. Thank you for asking. What about you ?

• Like 1

I live in an apt building that has oil heat. I have no complaints about my heat. Thank you for asking. What about you ?

We live in an airy manufactured home. :) It's warmer than the last one we lived in, but it is still cold. We have forced hot air. It cost a fortune each month. We just had a week of single-digit temps with strong northeast winds which made it all worse. Our heater motor went out and we were without heat for two days. Then, when it was fixed, it wouldn't shut off because the heater pump couldn't keep up because it was so cold out.

Wood stoves ought to be mandatory in every home.

• Like 1

- 2 'C (28,4 'F), north wind 9 m/s. The clouds are moving fast, but in between the clouds there's a bright March sunlight. A thin layer of fresh, new snow crested into small dunes.