What's the weather like right now?

jamie

Snow. I say we get two feet here, weather people say 12-18 in. Thank god I'm off from work tomorrow anyway so my back can recover - and lucky for me I have awesome neighbors who know I'm by myself and they are helping me plow out.

I officially hate snow. hate it. hate it hate it hate it :fury: :boohoo:

Some of the east coast snow totals are crazy! Glad you have neighbors that will help. We are in central PA and all kinds of numbers were thrown around but we ended up with 10 inches.

• Like 1

3-5" of nasty white stuff Thursday. High of 0° and low of -17° Sunday. :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Typical Shitastic Michigan in February. 3-4 inches of snow and gloomy AF. Go to work in dark, come home in dark.

Typically shitastic late January, early February here in Western Washington/Oregon too. No snow or sub-freezing temps so it could definitely be worse, but damned near every day is gloomy and somewhere between a drizzle and a downpour. I wears on you.

It is in Western Wisconsin. For the next 9 days, the average high will be , and the average low will be -8°.

February is overrated. :eh:

This week the temps are supposed to go down to 4. Initially, it was in the teens, but each day I check, it is getting colder.

Sunny days in the low twenties; cold nights in the single digits.

It's

This week the temps are supposed to go down to 4. Initially, it was in the teens, but each day I check, it is getting colder.

Is that Celsius or Fahrenheit? It's 0 here, Celcius.

It's

Fahrenheit

What is 0 Celsius in Fahrenheit?

Yikes, that's cold. I remember -30 in Spokane one winter ('86?). Now that was frigid. It hurt to breath it was so cold.

It's

Fahrenheit

What is 0 Celsius in Fahrenheit?

Biggest polar vortex in decades for DFW. We're looking at perhaps five days without getting above freezing which is beyond my considerable memory. Freezing rain tonight and tomorrow, snow Sunday and Monday with a low of 10F, which would be a record.

Crock pot is full of chili. : )

• Like 2

They are breathlessly predicting snow, "maybe up to a foot" and/or freezing rain over the weekend. Supposed to begin this afternoon.

Look I get that it's difficult to predict the weather here but I've heard this bullshit before, just last year as a matter of fact when we were getting snowmageddon and got like an inch. Is it possible we'll get a bunch? Absolutely. However my experience living here for 18 1/2 years is that the biggest snow events are when they have no clue they're coming.

Biggest polar vortex in decades for DFW. We're looking at perhaps five days without getting above freezing which is beyond my considerable memory. Freezing rain tonight and tomorrow, snow Sunday and Monday with a low of 10F, which would be a record.

Crock pot is full of chili. : )

Chili Good!

• Like 1

My friend in Great Falls, Montana let me know that it was -55F (-48C) today. Another friend was planning to ski at Schweitzer (Sandpoint, Idaho), but the lifts were shut down due to -30F temperatures. Scary cold.

Here in the Tahoe area it was a bluebird day, 34 degrees F, with 10" of new powder. It was great skiing, and even better apres ski in the valley where it is sunny and 50F. T-shirt weather! :sundog: