What's the weather like right now?

jamie

.........And tomorrow the day's start getting longer! :cheerleader:

Oh yeah!

Oh, Yeah!

HV_Winter_Scenic.jpg

Three days of this was nice.

I take a riding vacation every summer to Reno/Tahoe. Spend one day riding over Mt. Rose and then all the way around the lake with a stop somewhere for coffee. I'm usually there in July or August when it's like 95 in Reno and a fabulous 82 or so at Tahoe. Such a beautiful part of the world (and that's from someone who lives in the Pacific NW).

Edited by driventotheedge

50 degrees yesterday, 12 degrees now. Inch of snow on the ground.

HUMBUG!!

:rage: :rage: :rage:

Low 60's and sunny, but down from a high of 79 yesterday. Supposed to rain tonight, and the bottom of the thermometer drops out. Lows in the mid to upper 40's, which is super cold for here. I've got my space heaters ready!

There's snow in suburban areas that don't get it. I saw footage of some in the city of Brea. That's in the most northwestern part Orange County ffs, not exactly near Mt. Baldy where I live. It's just north of Cal State Fullerton where my dad went to as well as Kevin Costner and James Cameron. It's even snowing close to where my dad grew up in La Mirada just west of the county border. Edited by invisible airwave

There's snow in suburban areas that don't get it. I saw footage of some in the city of Brea. That's in the most northwestern part Orange County ffs, not exactly near Mt. Baldy where I live. It's just north of Cal State Fullerton where my dad went to as well as Kevin Costner and James Cameron. It's even snowing close to where my dad grew up in La Mirada just west of the county border.

I remember getting snow in San Diego in the 70s. Exactly once.
  • Like 1

In Spokane Valley as I type this and snow falling with an inch of accumulation and several more expected. Gonna drive home in it this morning so will be slow going til I get down towards Kennewick.

No doubt Lorraine is getting snow this morning too (she's 15 miles east of where I am).

ATM ... blizzard with 93 kilometer wind gusts so far.

Power out since 3:25 AM. 13C in the house now. Crews working on power atm?

Windy

Alas Goot

...power back on, just checking properties, shovel is sturdy, breakfast late but cooking, Chinese aviation day, fliday!

Edited by Tinwoodsman

54 today and mostly sunny, in the middle of January no less. The motorcycle is coming out this afternoon!

We've had more rain already this month than an average January. Had flooding and landslide issues earlier this week. Dried out yesterday and today with not much more than light showers' on the horizon. Good thing, we obviously needed the break.

Another Wednesday, Another Alberta clipper! haha! After the first one hit, my roomie and his son decided to take the quads out to the pasture and see if the rut-hut (our hunting shack) was standing after the 1st 100 k clipper. They took turns winching each other out out until the battery calved while the Arctic Cat was burried in the bayou. Today, we were set for a rescue mission, but are currently experiencing another whiteout. Now we will likely have to recruit a 4 wheel drive tractor with a bucket to save the day. The RM usually keeps the 7k dirt road clear for the neighbors that share the pasture, but with the storms experienced this year and all of the falling trees, this story never ends!

it was finally cold and rainy today, as it should be. last weekend it was almost 90 degrees.... in JANUARY.

Douchebag weather forecasters are breathlessly reporting that we could get snow down here to the valley floor. That of course means we have a nearly zero chance. Only time we get it is when they don't predict it. Anyone else here have a job like theirs where you can be wrong like 40% of the time and still stay employed?
  • Like 1

Snow. I say we get two feet here, weather people say 12-18 in. Thank god I'm off from work tomorrow anyway so my back can recover - and lucky for me I have awesome neighbors who know I'm by myself and they are helping me plow out.

I officially hate snow. hate it. hate it hate it hate it :fury: :boohoo:

• Like 1