2016 MLB Season Thread

The Analog Cub

First game back for Jung Ho Kang of the Pirates! Pirates in St. Louis tonight and he hits a home run in his third at bat. King Kang is back!!!!

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-1_1.jpeg

Tucker Barnhart of the Reds with Working Man for walkup music.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 1

Thor! 2 home runs last night!!!!

So great seeing Bautista get his douchbag ass popped.

http://espn.go.com/m...-media-reaction

I've watched that about a thousand times and could watch it a thousand more. I know Odor should have taken the high road there. But, only a Texas Rangers fan can understand the absolute pleasure of seeing that dickhead get clocked.

Bob Sturm said it best. Bautista is a wanna be tough guy. And wanna be tough guys should start fights with other wanna be tough guys. Instead, he picked a fight with a tough guy. And when you start a fight with a tough guy, you better get ready for the horns. Edited by liquidcrystalcompass
  • Like 2

I've watched that about a thousand times and could watch it a thousand more. I know Odor should have taken the high road there. But, only a Texas Rangers fan can understand the absolute pleasure of seeing that dickhead get clocked.

Bob Sturm said it best. Bautista is a wanna be tough guy. And wanna be tough guys should start fights with other wanna be tough guys. Instead, he picked a fight with a tough guy. And when you start a fight with a tough guy, you better get ready for the horns.

Yes! Awesome. :yes:

Bob Sturm said it best. Bautista is a wanna be tough guy. And wanna be tough guys should start fights with other wanna be tough guys. Instead, he picked a fight with a tough guy. And when you start a fight with a tough guy, you better get ready for the horns.

Was going to say that while Bautista took his knock like a champ but he absolutely got what he deserved there. Im sure Odor won some brownie points around the league for that one.

Was going to say that while Bautista took his knock like a champ but he absolutely got what he deserved there. Im sure Odor won some brownie points around the league for that one.

Bautista was pretty damn wobbley and blurry eyed. He's damn lucky Beltre grabbed him.

Bautista was pretty damn wobbley and blurry eyed. He's damn lucky Beltre grabbed him.

He's lucky it wasn't Beltre who punched him. Guy's a beast.

• Like 1

No one touched his head. Bats got off easy ;)

• Like 2

Yes he is. I'll never understand how any team could have let him leave.

I saw a game when he was still with the Mariners. One of thier pitchers had just gotten popped for PED and Beltre was playing third and rhe guy (Nick Franklin?) was pitching I never saw anyone return the ball harder to a pitcher than Beltre threw back to him. It was high and tight like sending a message to the guy that he f***ed up, rightly so. He may seem prickly but that's the kind if guy you want on your team. Not some asshat like Bautista.

• Like 3

I saw a game when he was still with the Mariners. One of thier pitchers had just gotten popped for PED and Beltre was playing third and rhe guy (Nick Franklin?) was pitching I never saw anyone return the ball harder to a pitcher than Beltre threw back to him. It was high and tight like sending a message to the guy that he f***ed up, rightly so. He may seem prickly but that's the kind if guy you want on your team. Not some asshat like Bautista.

Beltre is the heart of the Texas Rangers. His leadership and the sense of brotherhood he's built in the team is what has made them serious contenders. They genuinely love the game, and they like each other. They take the game of baseball very seriously, but not themselves, and it's a blast watching them play. When Beltre retires, Andrus will lead the team in the same way. I hope Andrus has enough good playing years in him to groom someone to pass the role on to, and so forth.

• Like 2

Beltre is the heart of the Texas Rangers. His leadership and the sense of brotherhood he's built in the team is what has made them serious contenders. They genuinely love the game, and they like each other. They take the game of baseball very seriously, but not themselves, and it's a blast watching them play. When Beltre retires, Andrus will lead the team in the same way. I hope Andrus has enough good playing years in him to groom someone to pass the role on to, and so forth.

I think the leader(s) after Beltre is gone will be Odor or Mazara. I love Elvis and he's still my favorite player on the team by a nose over Beltre and Odor. He's simply not deliberate enough to lead the team but the former two are able.
  • Like 1