2016 MLB Season Thread

The Analog Cub

Less than a week until Opening Day :haz:

Cubs looked good today vs. The A's.

I'm not buying the A's having another horrible season this year. I think they may have a shot.

• Like 1

I'm not buying the A's having another horrible season this year. I think they may have a shot.

Just finishing up the tape now.

Stat of the year for 2015...

Arrieta's OPS against, for the last 20 starts was .410.

The worst non pitcher, with 500 ABs, Chris Owings of Arizona, had a .587 OPS last year.

m

They have a couple of studs coming soon. Hope for the future. If they do decide to tank i am not going to be among the worried ones. I am mostly worried about the rotation coming in to start the year but Hahn should be decent when he finds his location and then there's Manaea.

Panda benched. How much are they paying him?

Waaaay too much.

Year two of a five year deal and he's benched. :facepalm:

Yeah, but they'll always have that first year of production that was better than 2 other regulars in the entire league, so there's that.

• Like 1

Waaaay too much.

Yeah, but they'll always have that first year of production that was better than 2 other regulars in the entire league, so there's that.

lol. ISWYDT

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 1

Should be a fun Sunday and Opening Day. One of my friends is a Cardinals fan so we'll be at the bar watching them play the Pirates, then Monday night we'll be back for the Cubs!

Should be a fun Sunday and Opening Day. One of my friends is a Cardinals fan so we'll be at the bar watching them play the Pirates, then Monday night we'll be back for the Cubs!

I'm excited about the season but I hate what opening day is this year. The same time as the national championship game and the Cubs are on the West Coast. I'll have to try to avoid hearing who won and watch the next day...uggh. Still, there are worse problems in the world.

• Like 1

Waaaay too much.

I don't see how the Cubs don't win it all this year. Expectations are so high for this stacked team. Anything short of a World Series victory has to be seen as a completely demoralizing and crushing defeat for the fan base.

Waaaay too much.

I don't see how the Cubs don't win it all this year. Expectations are so high for this stacked team. Anything short of a World Series victory has to be seen as a completely demoralizing and crushing defeat for the fan base.

knowing that a leading presidential contender hates your team and ownership is a powerful issue to overcome. Just look what it's done for the team he venerates.

Bucs opening day today!! Sunday, woo hoo!! Not. I am a traditionalist, as much as I am glad to see the season opener here! It is supposed to be on a Tuesday, in Cincinnati. Sigh.

Lots of memories of going to Opening Day in Three Rivers Stadium in high school. :heart: Back in the day, our school would give you an excused absence if you brought your ticket to the office and showed it to the principal. He always said, " I wish I were going with you!" It was the only time he seemed sincere and not like he was doing the fake administrator thing! :P

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-3_2.jpeg http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Pittsburgh_Pirates_BELIEVE_Pirate_Logo_Black_Sport_Towel_15x25.jpg

• Like 3

Waaaay too much.

knowing that a leading presidential contender hates your team and ownership is a powerful issue to overcome. Just look what it's done for the team he venerates.

I don't know about all that. I just hope that they don't start slow. That kind of pressure on a team that has no reason not to win it all after going wire to wire in first place can be bad. People start squeezing the bat handle too tight. Pitchers try to overthrow. I'm sure Maddon won't let that happen, though. He's really smart.

Bucs opening day today!! Sunday, woo hoo!! Not. I am a traditionalist, as much as I am glad to see the season opener here! It is supposed to be on a Tuesday, in Cincinnati. Sigh.

Lots of memories of going to Opening Day in Three Rivers Stadium in high school. :heart: Back in the day, our school would give you an excused absence if you brought your ticket to the office and showed it to the principal. He always said, " I wish I were going with you!" It was the only time he seemed sincere and not like he was doing the fake administrator thing! :P

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-3_2.jpeg http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Pittsburgh_Pirates_BELIEVE_Pirate_Logo_Black_Sport_Towel_15x25.jpg

YES!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Liriano continues to have the Cards' number. Wainwright not looking too sharp today.

If you can spoil his curveball and make him throw fastballs you can rough him up

Pirates have seen him too many times

Even in defeat, the Cards fight to the last out. By all rights, they should be bad this year. But they never are.

Totally looking forward to the Nats vs. the Braves this afternoon!

I had no idea the minor leagues started this early.

Pirates extended Polanco...5 years + 2 club options at like 12 and 13 Mill per year. I feel like we are going to extend those club options for sure. Very team friendly IMO. Basically what the pirates did with McCutchen and Marte...buy out their cheap and arb years and get them paid now while they are still making less than a mill a year, get a couple extra years of team control...let them walk when they are 32 and let the Red Sox pay them way too much when they are just beginning to decline.
  • Like 1

Pirates extended Polanco...5 years + 2 club options at like 12 and 13 Mill per year. I feel like we are going to extend those club options for sure. Very team friendly IMO. Basically what the pirates did with McCutchen and Marte...buy out their cheap and arb years and get them paid now while they are still making less than a mill a year, get a couple extra years of team control...let them walk when they are 32 and let the Red Sox pay them way too much when they are just beginning to decline.

The Pirates, of course, have been following a winning strategy since the Willie Stargell era. Why would you change something that works?

Keeping Polanco around is very good for you guys, I think.

• Like 3