2016 MLB Season Thread

The Analog Cub

And the Rangers take another series!!

Thanks for that.

12 game lead in the NL Central!

Y'all are winning at a tremendous pace.

Want Clayton Richard?

Hell, I'll give him to the Cardinals for free.

YESSSSSS! Bucs win one tonight 1-0 and stop the Giants' 8 game winning streak. Didn't expect that Bumgarner would have a loss tonight but we'll take it!

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-3_3.jpeg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Anybody want Clayton Richard? For free?

Not even the Twins would have a use for that guy.

And the Rangers take another series!!

Thanks for that.

12 game lead in the NL Central!

Y'all are winning at a tremendous pace.

Want Clayton Richard?

Sure. I'll trade you Prince Fielder and his contract. Sound good?

Why do you hate Iowa Tennessee Myrtle Beach?

With the White Sox, James Shields has started 3 games. He's pitched 8 and 2/3 innings, and given up 24 hits, 22 runs, 21 of them earned, for an ERA of 21.81 and his WHIP is 3.808.

All the latest talk on a pitcher home run derby got me thinking about possible matchups:

Wainwright vs. MadBum

Arrieta vs. Thor

Kershaw vs. Greinke

and the grand masterpiece...

Jon Lester vs. Bartolo Colon vs. every American League pitcher :laughing guy:

• Like 1

With the White Sox, James Shields has started 3 games. He's pitched 8 and 2/3 innings, and given up 24 hits, 22 runs, 21 of them earned, for an ERA of 21.81 and his WHIP is 3.808.

Big Game Two Frame James!

• Like 1

All the latest talk on a pitcher home run derby got me thinking about possible matchups:

Wainwright vs. MadBum

Arrieta vs. Thor

Kershaw vs. Greinke

and the grand masterpiece...

Jon Lester vs. Bartolo Colon vs. every American League pitcher :laughing guy:

HR Derby...a 100 out marathon with the opening round as follows...

Kershaw vs Madbum

Wainwright vs Wacha

C. Martinez vs Peake

Garcia vs Richard

Strasburg vs Scherzer

Thor vs de Grom

Samardizja vs Cueto

Jose Fernandez vs Harvey

YESSSSSS! Bucs win one tonight 1-0 and stop the Giants' 8 game winning streak. Didn't expect that Bumgarner would have a loss tonight but we'll take it!

F the Gnats. :)

3rd best record in the bigs right now. Six up on Los Doyers. Of course, Kershaw has a 3-run lead right now. :dweez: 4 Ks and...you guessed it, no walks.

3rd best record in the bigs right now. Six up on Los Doyers. Of course, Kershaw has a 3-run lead right now. :dweez: 4 Ks and...you guessed it, no walks.

I have absolutely zero idea how they succeed year after year. Marginal talent. Good managing I guess.

I have absolutely zero idea how they succeed year after year. Marginal talent. Good managing I guess.

Marginal talent? :facepalm: The Giants have great pitching and solid fielding. Their hitting is the only thing that's marginal, but it's timely. And you're right, the managing is outstanding. I seem to recall the Giants beating the Cubs 2 of 3 in May. Los Doyers have become the league's great under-achievers...

EDIT: Thought you were Bowl City!

Edited by goose

Marginal talent? :facepalm: The Giants have great pitching and solid fielding. Their hitting is the only thing that's marginal, but it's timely. And you're right, the managing is outstanding. I seem to recall the Giants beating the Cubs 2 of 3 in May. Los Doyers have become the league's great under-achievers...

EDIT: Thought you were Bowl City!

Giants are pretty good.

They need to just go away, though. Even Year Bullshit is not allowed!

• Like 2

I don't even have a dog in the NL fight. Used to like either the Mets or the Brewers but I'm pretty much just an A's guy. Sadly.

I can't for the life of me like the Giants, never could do, even when they sucked. I'd prefer it if they sucked, it made the A's sucking a little easier to take.

• Like 1

I don't even have a dog in the NL fight. Used to like either the Mets or the Brewers but I'm pretty much just an A's guy. Sadly.

I can't for the life of me like the Giants, never could do, even when they sucked. I'd prefer it if they sucked, it made the A's sucking a little easier to take.

:LOL:

I've got two words for you and the Giants. Territorial Rights. f**k em. I wish I had said this to Larry Baer himself when I had the chance.

• Like 1

I've got two words for you and the Giants. Territorial Rights. f**k em. I wish I had said this to Larry Baer himself when I had the chance.

Hey...I'm an A's/Dodgers fan. But I don't hate the Giants. Growing up they were a non-factor, so I didn't give them much attention. Now, the Yankees, or the Angels... :rage:

The Bucs score another one! Now its Bucs 4, Giants 15 ! And the game ends as a foul ball that hits the ground and bounces up and is caught is called a foul tip instead, and ends the game on a third strike. Just another weird thing in the train wreck of an evening that by the end had the catcher pitching . . . .

Go Tribe!!! Quietly kicking butt with all the excitement going on in Cleveland no ones paying attention.... Sad

Angels at the bottom of the AL West. A silver lining for the way this season is going for the A's and Dodgers.

As are starting to mabye play decently just in time for some of the starters to get back off the DL. As soon as they get the rotation more settled they can start the fire sale. :)). :(

Angels at the bottom of the AL West. A silver lining for the way this season is going for the A's and Dodgers.

As are starting to mabye play decently just in time for some of the starters to get back off the DL. As soon as they get the rotation more settled they can start the fire sale. :)). :(

The Cubs have a bullpen stud that could be stretched out to a starting role. Throws hard, gets a lot of ground balls. His name is Clayton Richard. If you throw in a couple of organization filler types you might be able to get him for Trout.

• Like 1