Super Rare Rush Concert Poster On Ebay

amalignantfarcry

Can anyone identify what tour this Poster is for? It says only 5 were printed back in the 70s and 3 are left known in existence. I see one sold a few days ago leaving 2 available and I am interested but to be honest I didn't even know Rush played with Bob Seger And The Silver Bullet Band?

I have collected some Rare show posters even paying 750.00 for a rare 1986 Power Windows one for the Meadowlands with Marillion. I am just curious if anyone has any info about this show? Did this really happen and if so how come we never hear about a Seger/Rush tour more often?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301781144285&alt=web

Edited by amalignantfarcry

The poster isn't advertising the Seger/RUSH concert, it's a promotional for Fantasma Productions that references the sellout. Even if it's legit, the link to RUSH is tangental.

I think Rush was the opener here if listed as special guest. Seger was huge in 77. Still is to this day. I just was unaware that Rush did a string of dates with them. Looks like Rush became headliners on their own a few weeks later.

If that is talking 1977, Rush did their entire show that night (unless Bob Seger was the opening act).

For those saying they wouldn't pay the cents for it obviously know nothing about the concert poster market. There is a limited edition R40 one for The Forum that I have seen sell for 500.00

Would you pay $600 for a cantaloupe? If not, you obviously know nothing about gift cantaloupes sold in department stores out here because that's what they usually sell for. Yes, I said cantaloupe.

• Like 2

For those saying they wouldn't pay the cents for it obviously know nothing about the concert poster market. There is a limited edition R40 one for The Forum that I have seen sell for 500.00

Good for you,

I just can't see spending that much on a poster.

Would you pay $600 for a cantaloupe? If not, you obviously know nothing about gift cantaloupes sold in department stores out here because that's what they usually sell for. Yes, I said cantaloupe.

For a magic cantaloupe I would!

• Like 1

In case inquiring minds want to know: (from 2112.net) The site says Rush was still opening for Bob Seger and a number of other acts on these 2 tours.

December 27, 1976 Rush ATWAS Tour Market Square Arena Indianapolis, IN (Bob Seger, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Roadmaster)

March 17, 1977 Rush ATWAS Tour Palladium New York City, NY (Bob Seger, Starz)

December 9, 1977 Rush AFTK Tour Civic Center Lakeland, FL (Bob Seger)

December 10, 1977 Rush AFTK Tour Hollywood Sportatorium Hollywood, FL (Bob Seger)

December 11, 1977 Rush AFTK Tour Veterans Coliseum Jacksonville, FL (Bob Seger)

Alex had a nice story about opening for Bob Seger in the "Contents Under Pressure" book- he said they were playing in the midwest and got an encore, came out and played a song and left the stage and the crowd was still going wild. He said the Bob Seger band was backstage telling them to go out and do a second encore; they were really happy for Rush. "They were so cool, those guys. I remember them as being probably the nicest people we ever worked with. They were all such gentlemen, really really good people."

Obviously not Aerosmith :D

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

Just found this on The YBG site. It's super, super rare

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/Save%20Le%20Studio_zpsroub44se.jpg

I'd send you a check for $10000 for that poster, but you forgot that Blondie was playing as well.

• Like 1

Can anyone identify what tour this Poster is for? It says only 5 were printed back in the 70s and 3 are left known in existence. I see one sold a few days ago leaving 2 available and I am interested but to be honest I didn't even know Rush played with Bob Seger And The Silver Bullet Band?

I have collected some Rare show posters even paying 750.00 for a rare 1986 Power Windows one for the Meadowlands with Marillion. I am just curious if anyone has any info about this show? Did this really happen and if so how come we never hear about a Seger/Rush tour more often?

http://pages.ebay.co...1144285&alt=web

Rare? Who knows. But really f***ing ugly for a concert poster IMO.

• Like 1

No. But I'm always very paranoid about which posters are legit

I would LOVE to see a photo of the Marillion/Rush poster. I'd have paid big bucks for that one myself since I was there.. Didn't know it existed. I'm somewhat of a poster junkie. I really have to like the poster or it has to have some sort of significance for me. There are a lot of rare (but ugly) posters out there and a lot of reprints.

Definitely a minefield I don't venture into very often. unless I'm pretty much 100 percent sure.

• Like 2

would a reproduction look any worse?

FWIW I could print these out in any size (including the 18x24 advertised) for cost+ shipping for anyone who's interested in a matter of minutes

as a graphic designer I'd have to see the actual poster to know if it's legit (but the photos sure make it look like a repro not an original)

best bet - save your dough ;)

my .02

• Like 1

I spoke with the seller finally tonight, he is a music and sports archivist since the 70s and has 2 storage units of items he is now selling off. He said he put the price of it because it's never shown up anywhere else but has the make offer option on there so it seems like he is being reasonable. Offered bulk price on multiple items he has listed.

The story I got was he obtained these in an estate sale from an executive many years ago who worked for the promoter Fantasma and there were literally thousands of tubes from various artists and events that they did. Some were too yellowed out, some were bent which left creases in them. Others were in flawless condition.

He has seen Rush dozens of times since the 70s. He says he has other Rush Fantasma posters and Rush related Concert items that he will be putting up over time. He still works in the industry in venue promotional and media relations and obtains cool stuff. He obtained an R40 lot from the Newark show for the Prudential Center that a few were used for the lobby and business offices.

That one is here:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301799017065&alt=web

I'm going to pick this up and likely the Seger one. I look at it this way I paid a fortune on the Andrew MacNaughtan photos and autographs both on his site and ebay and like those I don't expect to suddenly see 50 or 200 new ones show up. I love the mystique and memories of Rush and if they aren't touring any longer then things like this I can justify.

Speaking of which not to change the subject but what is the most you have ever spent on Rush memorabilia? I think I have bought every autographed item through backstage and Andrew's page. The tour books leather bound one signed by all 3 was a pretty penny.

Edited by amalignantfarcry

No. But I'm always very paranoid about which posters are legit

I would LOVE to see a photo of the Marillion/Rush poster. I'd have paid big bucks for that one myself since I was there.. Didn't know it existed. I'm somewhat of a poster junkie. I really have to like the poster or it has to have some sort of significance for me. There are a lot of rare (but ugly) posters out there and a lot of reprints.

Definitely a minefield I don't venture into very often. unless I'm pretty much 100 percent sure.

I will definitely get you a picture of the Marillion and Rush one. It has the cover of Power Windows on it with the Misplaced Childhood boy standing outside the window and the name Marillion on one of the TV sets. On the bottom has box office and Ticketron info Brendan Byrne Arena March 31 & April 1, 1986 SOLD OUT. It has the St. Pauli Girl logo on the bottom of it.

I picked that up at an old record fair at a mall I used to live near that they would have every month on a Saturday. I paid about 100.00 for it back in 1994 which was a lot of money back then. Then i found one again on ebay many years later and paid 250.00. Have that rolled up still. I might sell it to you if you like the photo of it and are interested.

• Like 1