So....Lets Talk About Dreamline...

presto123

I'm Listening to CP right now. as an album. it sucks. i mean flow wise. but if i pick a random song to listen to just out of album context.......it's much better. So i guess i sorta kinda maybe like CP now, lol

Great slogan for this album.

Counterparts.......sorta kinda maybe.

lol.

Mick

You got it Mick!

An album not as great as the sum of its parts. Made worse by Stick It Out.

They should out that on a sticker!

• Like 1

Egg Man gives me life. Entering forum buddy zone!

Signals sucks. Could argue about it all day but meh.

Bluefox and Egg Man are buddies. Yay!

• Like 2

Together as a three man alliance we shall conquer universes!

• Like 1

Or...ya know...just work as a totally "endearing" alliance that just spreads "love" to all throughout each and every thread.

I'll take Cut To The Chase, Between Sun And Moon, Leave That Thing Alone and Double Agent over Animate any day.

I love all those songs to death, but I would count Animate among them as great.

Or...ya know...just work as a totally "endearing" alliance that just spreads "love" to all throughout each and every thread.

Aw, that's no fun. :P

Just kidding.

• Like 1

Aw, that's no fun. :P

Just kidding.

Yeah it is fun!

Speak ya mind. Whether you have been here five minutes or five years, we are all Rush fans. Just be nice to people.

• Like 1

It's probably the best song on Roll The Bones, but that's not saying much. Roll The Bones is Rush's worst album in my opinion, and Dreamline is kind of an average Rush song. It's good, but I wouldn't compare it to gems like Limelight, Freewill or Animate.

Animate?

:wtf:

In the same sentence as the other two no less... :LOL: I do get a kick out of The Egg Man though. Gives me something to generally completely disagree with the majority of the time. Wouldn't be as much fun otherwise... :)

I guess everyone has to have their own Segue and Mick. :)

LABT I think you secretly need a Segue hug.

• Like 1

It's probably the best song on Roll The Bones, but that's not saying much. Roll The Bones is Rush's worst album in my opinion, and Dreamline is kind of an average Rush song. It's good, but I wouldn't compare it to gems like Limelight, Freewill or Animate.

Animate?

In the same sentence as the other two no less... :LOL: I do get a kick out of The Egg Man though. Gives me something to generally completely disagree with the majority of the time. Wouldn't be as much fun otherwise... :)

As long as there's no musical accompaniment of your choice, that would be fine...

• Like 1

Animate?

As long as there's no musical accompaniment of your choice, that would be fine...

*turns off Chaka Khan's greatest hits*

You saying I have bad taste?

• Like 2

Animate?

Nah, just different than mine. That doesn't make it bad...well, except for the Boss. :)

I'll take Cut To The Chase, Between Sun And Moon, Leave That Thing Alone and Double Agent over Animate any day.

I love all those songs to death, but I would count Animate among them as great.

Oh I agree. There are very few songs on Counterparts I dislike.

• Like 1

Animate?

Nah, just different than mine. That doesn't make it bad...well, except for the Boss. :)

Yeah. I one said anything bad about Chaka, Chaka, Chaka Khan lemme rock ya, lemme rock ya Chaka Khan....

Animate?

I know right?

Now let's fight about Signals some more. :D

Just kidding.

There isn't anything to disagree about when an album is excellent start to finish.... :huh:

There's always something to disagree about with Rush fans. Just get us in a room together for half an hour

• Like 1

Whether you are a fan of Roll The Bones, Hate it, or are indifferent, most people have to admit that Dreamline is a sparkling gem on this record. After listening to it tonight, I realized that it is a song I NEVER get tired of. It flows better than any Rush song I can think of. I get burnt out by Sawyer, Limelight, Spirit, Subdivisions, and practically every classic Rush song, but I never tire of Dreamline. There has to be something said for that. My ONLY complaint is that I wish the album solo was twice the length like the one Alex plays live. What are your thoughts on this classic Rush track? (best track of the 90's) haha

Great post...and I totally agree with you. I think it's their best song from the 90's forward...it's in my top 5 Rush songs.

• Like 1

Dreamline

Great studio version

Excellent in concert, perhaps it stayed in the setlist a bit too long before 2010

Other-worldly in a good way with the backing of the string ensemble

I love the song, the live version even more due to the way Alex changes his playing style in the second verse. I'm not a guitar player so I don't know the technical term but on the studio version he plays shorter notes in both verses. Live, the notes ring out longer in the second verse.

Edited by ctbadger

Dreamline starts off well, the verses are great but the 'We are young bit' is terrible. I keep adding love is a battlefield. Not a song I jump to when I think of a Rush song to listen to.

Animate?

Yeah. I one said anything bad about Chaka, Chaka, Chaka Khan lemme rock ya, lemme rock ya Chaka Khan....

Rufus with Chaka Khan was Sexafunkalicious. Tell me something good...bowbow...tell me, tell me, tell me.

I remember getting major chills the first time I heard it. Nice quiet guitar intro then Some singing then BAH BAH BAHM.

As someone else mentioned the we're only immortal for a limited time is one of Neil's best lyrics.

I love this song and it is a top 10 for sure. Too hard to say where it falls in my top ten, but one of my favorites...