So....Lets Talk About Dreamline...

presto123

There is not a bad song on Counterparts except The Speed of Love.

:rage:

Are you mad because I said there was only one bad song on Counterparts or that I said The Speed of Love is bad? :P

Yes, it's because you insulted one of the greatest songs of all time! :smoke:

It's nothing but 90s cheese to me. "At the SPEEEEED of LOOOOOOVE!" :rfl:

Are you mad because I said there was only one bad song on Counterparts or that I said The Speed of Love is bad? :P

Neil SUCKS at "love" song lyrics :laughing guy:

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

I know, right? He should stick with writing about space wizards. Those are his best.

• Like 1

Mick

I know, right? He should stick with writing about space wizards. Those are his best.

Someone put up a mashup on here a while ago. of Speed of Love as background music to a bank commercial or something.........and it worked well. Says a lot about that piece of shit.

lol

Mick

• Like 1

Speed Of Love sounds like The Greatest Song Ever after listening to Stick It Out.
  • Like 1

Speed Of Love sounds like The Greatest Song Ever after listening to Stick It Out.

CP Is just........let's make a great sounding album.....but let's waste it on the weirdest batch of oddities we can write, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

CP Is just........let's make a great sounding album.....but let's waste it on the weirdest batch of oddities we can write, lol

Mick

Personally enjoy the oddities, Alien Shore, Double Agent, Animate and Between Sun And Moon are great! And Cold Fire and Everyday Glory are top twenty material for me.

• Like 3

I like Counterparts more than Hemispheres, and possibly more than Power Windows.

Speaking of Hemispheres. Most infuriating album ever. One day it is the greatest album since forever...then I spend months unable to play a second as I get sooooo bored.

Mick

Double Agent is one of the weirdest songs that they've put out and yet I find it to be one of the best.

• Like 2

I'm Listening to CP right now. as an album. it sucks. i mean flow wise. but if i pick a random song to listen to just out of album context.......it's much better. So i guess i sorta kinda maybe like CP now, lol

Great slogan for this album.

Counterparts.......sorta kinda maybe.

lol.

Mick

• Like 2

I'm Listening to CP right now. as an album. it sucks. i mean flow wise. but if i pick a random song to listen to just out of album context.......it's much better. So i guess i sorta kinda maybe like CP now, lol

Great slogan for this album.

Counterparts.......sorta kinda maybe.

lol.

Mick

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

It's probably the best song on Roll The Bones, but that's not saying much. Roll The Bones is Rush's worst album in my opinion, and Dreamline is kind of an average Rush song. It's good, but I wouldn't compare it to gems like Limelight, Freewill or Animate.

Animate?

:wtf:

In the same sentence as the other two no less... :LOL: I do get a kick out of The Egg Man though. Gives me something to generally completely disagree with the majority of the time. Wouldn't be as much fun otherwise... :)
  • Like 1

It's probably the best song on Roll The Bones, but that's not saying much. Roll The Bones is Rush's worst album in my opinion, and Dreamline is kind of an average Rush song. It's good, but I wouldn't compare it to gems like Limelight, Freewill or Animate.

Animate?

In the same sentence as the other two no less... :LOL: I do get a kick out of The Egg Man though. Gives me something to generally completely disagree with the majority of the time. Wouldn't be as much fun otherwise... :)

I know right?

Now let's fight about Signals some more. :D

Just kidding.

Edited by AnEggplant

Animate?

I guess everyone has to have their own Segue and Mick. :)

• Like 1

I like Animate on the album......but live it drags.........which is amazing.

How does a band do that, lol

Egg Man is great, BTW.

Mick

I've seen some Animate performances where Neil has trouble keeping time. It's weird because it never seems to happen in other songs. It's a killer tune in the studio though.

• Like 1

Animate?

I know right?

Just kidding.

There isn't anything to disagree about when an album is excellent start to finish.... :huh:

Animate?

I know right?

Just kidding.

There isn't anything to disagree about when an album is excellent start to finish.... :huh:

I won't even get started on this one. :P

• Like 1

Egg Man is great, BTW.

Mick

I've seen some Animate performances where Neil has trouble keeping time. It's weird because it never seems to happen in other songs. It's a killer tune in the studio though.

What do you mean by trouble keeping time? Is his tempo fluctuating or is he just playing it slower than you are used to? If he's playing it slower I guarantee that is a conscious decision. Neil goes over soundcheck tapes frequently and checks his tempos.

Egg Man is great, BTW.

Mick

What do you mean by trouble keeping time? Is his tempo fluctuating or is he just playing it slower than you are used to? If he's playing it slower I guarantee that is a conscious decision. Neil goes over soundcheck tapes frequently and checks his tempos.

Like his time fluctuates. Geddy and Alex have to keep up. It doesn't happen often but it has happened before, but I've only noticed it in Animate.

Egg Man is great, BTW.

Mick

Like his time fluctuates. Geddy and Alex have to keep up. It doesn't happen often but it has happened before, but I've only noticed it in Animate.

Well...I'll give him a break. He is human after all....lol. You have to admit that usually his tempos are rock solid live. Especially for a drummer that only uses clicks when he absolutely has to.

• Like 1

Egg Man is great, BTW.

Mick

Well...I'll give him a break. He is human after all....lol. You have to admit that usually his tempos are rock solid live. Especially for a drummer that only uses clicks when he absolutely has to.

Yeah, I agree.