The TRF Daily Log

Lorraine

TRF members have many hidden talents. Sometimes all it takes to bring them out is a silly thread. :)

I could never fart with my armpits.

I tried and failed many times... :sigh:

I know I used to be able to do it but haven't tried in many years. One thing that always pissed me off is that I can't do the thing with my fingers that Mr. Spock does. The live long and prosper thing. I swear just about everyone I have ever known could do it when the subject arose. I never could and still can't... :rage:

TRF members have many hidden talents. Sometimes all it takes to bring them out is a silly thread. :)

I could never fart with my armpits.

I tried and failed many times... :sigh:

I know I used to be able to do it but haven't tried in many years. One thing that always pissed me off is that I can't do the thing with my fingers that Mr. Spock does. The live long and prosper thing. I swear just about everyone I have ever known could do it when the subject arose. I never could and still can't... :rage:

I can stretch all my fingers to form right angles.

And spin my arm like a windmill from the elbow.

And prior to my leg deformity I could stretch my legs around my back and round my neck.

I can also do the spock fingers.

• Like 1

I've been negligent.

Yesterday Sunny and Sir Lerst celebrated birthdays. :)

Our TRF veteran Hilda celebrated 11 years. And hardly anyone congratulated her. :(

Today, we were asked to name our bottom ten Rush songs. And, in true TRF fashion, caught hell for our individual lists. :LOL: I still think it's funny that Disk98 included Hemispheres in his. :cool:

Edited by Lorraine

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1500000/LOG-ren-and-stimpy-1552749-1280-1024.jpg

It's better than bad, it's good.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk9xa6DiO71qdg75qo1_500.png

• Like 1

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1500000/LOG-ren-and-stimpy-1552749-1280-1024.jpg

It's better than bad, it's good.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk9xa6DiO71qdg75qo1_500.png

Are those from Ren & Stimpy? I actually dug out my old R&S tshirt last week... :)
  • Like 1

In not so great news, I was let go from my job...with the current economy scenario, it´s hard to say I´m surprised. At the same time, I can´t say I´m ok with this. as time goes on, your identity is mixed up with that of the company you work for. I haven´t had a private mobile phone for over 12 years now, I always used the corporate one. For a long time, I didn´t even bother buying a computer, since I worked long hours in front of one, and was allowed to use it for internet banking and whatever personal stuff I needed to do.

I am at the same time scared, excited, and confused...no idea what to do next, but I´ll take it one day at a time. First, I´ll go on a much needed vacation (see a few posts above), and in a week´s time I´ll start looking at other options. The company was kind enough to pay a relocation package, so let´s see what that brings to the table.

• Like 2

In not so great news, I was let go from my job...with the current economy scenario, it´s hard to say I´m surprised. At the same time, I can´t say I´m ok with this. as time goes on, your identity is mixed up with that of the company you work for. I haven´t had a private mobile phone for over 12 years now, I always used the corporate one. For a long time, I didn´t even bother buying a computer, since I worked long hours in front of one, and was allowed to use it for internet banking and whatever personal stuff I needed to do.

I am at the same time scared, excited, and confused...no idea what to do next, but I´ll take it one day at a time. First, I´ll go on a much needed vacation (see a few posts above), and in a week´s time I´ll start looking at other options. The company was kind enough to pay a relocation package, so let´s see what that brings to the table.

Best of luck, my friend.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear. Sounds like a another new chapter in your life is about to begin. I totally understand the situation with not having a personal phone etc. It was weird having to get my own after so many years. I had a company vehicle too. Best of luck... :cheers: Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

Oh man, I know what that's like. Except I never got any package.

Best of luck to you but first, ENJOY that trip! I saw the pics the other day. It looks awesome!

• Like 1

Yeah, I´m trying to see the positive side of it...this will be a much needed boost to change things around a bit. I must admit I was planning to quit for a while, and the good thing about them taking that step is that I get a severance package. And even quitting would be tough...most of my friends work there, and a lot of them menioned today how much they admired me, how much I´ve helped, and how much I´ll be missed in the day to day. But yeah, life goes on, and I´m sure this is an important door that´s getting opened for bigger things.
  • Like 2

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, Rod.

As has been told to me a few times in my life, just put one foot in front of the other despite the darkness and keep going forward.

• Like 1

Yeah, I´m trying to see the positive side of it...this will be a much needed boost to change things around a bit. I must admit I was planning to quit for a while, and the good thing about them taking that step is that I get a severance package. And even quitting would be tough...most of my friends work there, and a lot of them menioned today how much they admired me, how much I´ve helped, and how much I´ll be missed in the day to day. But yeah, life goes on, and I´m sure this is an important door that´s getting opened for bigger things.

You probably are better at the "friend thing" than I am but when I left my job I thought all of my friends were people I worked with. It turned out at least in my case they turned out to just be co-workers. The majority of it is probably my fault but life just moved on and they continued to work there and I didn't. That simple. I hope you truly have friends there though... :)
  • Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear this- having to change at an unexpected time is challenging. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you! I'm glad your company offered you a package so that you can regroup and move on to something better- good luck in your career journey.

• Like 1

I was looking to see what the online users were doing. I often find guests reading interesting threads from long ago. But I see someone was reading my birthday thread. :unsure: What were they hoping to find, I wonder. :unsure:

How many folks here dig you?... :huh: :)
  • Like 1

I was looking to see what the online users were doing. I often find guests reading interesting threads from long ago. But I see someone was reading my birthday thread. :unsure: What were they hoping to find, I wonder. :unsure:

How many folks here dig you?... :huh: :)

:huh:

Probably hoping for pictures? :D

• Like 3

You know something, this place is dead. We seem to have spurts of energy, but they all quickly fizzle out. It wasn't like this after the CA tour ended.

Maybe as it gets closer to winter and throughout the winter it will be livelier and more folks will be around. We can only hope so anyway... :)