The TRF Daily Log

Lorraine

I've been reading this thread and trying to decide what I wanted to say. I would agree that between a lot of the members there is a camaraderie and for the most part they stick up for each other. But now and then people will show up here and throw a wrench in the works. It has surprised me more than once that more people don't stick up for someone who is getting bullied. They say things like grow a thicker skin or get over it or something similar. But also it's sometimes hard to distinguish what someone really means when it's only text and you can't see their facial exp<b></b>ressions or hear the way they say it.

If I knew Segue was getting picked on real bad, I would have stuck up for him. I had no clue anything was going on and where on the board it happened :(

I didn't know anything was going on either but then I haven't been here that much in the last couple of weeks.

I figured you got sick of the place and were taking a break. :LOL: I noticed you weren't around a lot but I always remind myself that people have a life outside of this forum.

We did have company visiting from out of state for a few days but it just seemed like there wasn't much going on here since the tour ended.

Plenty going on in SOCN. :LOL:

I wouldn't know. I've never gained access to that section of the forum.

• Like 1

I've been reading this thread and trying to decide what I wanted to say. I would agree that between a lot of the members there is a camaraderie and for the most part they stick up for each other. But now and then people will show up here and throw a wrench in the works. It has surprised me more than once that more people don't stick up for someone who is getting bullied. They say things like grow a thicker skin or get over it or something similar. But also it's sometimes hard to distinguish what someone really means when it's only text and you can't see their facial expressions or hear the way they say it.

Emoticons can help. :rage:

Wait. Wrong one. :yes:

:sundog:

:hi:

:cheers:

• Like 2

I've been reading this thread and trying to decide what I wanted to say. I would agree that between a lot of the members there is a camaraderie and for the most part they stick up for each other. But now and then people will show up here and throw a wrench in the works. It has surprised me more than once that more people don't stick up for someone who is getting bullied. They say things like grow a thicker skin or get over it or something similar. But also it's sometimes hard to distinguish what someone really means when it's only text and you can't see their facial exp<b></b>ressions or hear the way they say it.

If I knew Segue was getting picked on real bad, I would have stuck up for him. I had no clue anything was going on and where on the board it happened :(

Segue has established this bigger than life persona on TRF, which brings a lot of fun and silliness to the place. The downside is that he doesn't always know when to tone it down. I'm guessing the situation might have something to do with Music of the Spheres, but that's neither here nor there. This is the Net, and there are times when things get heated, when one person is trying to send a message and the other person doesn't get it, so one person makes things clear in no certain terms. My recent exchange with Lucas comes to mind, when he was posting politically-charged material outside of SOCN and more subtle requests to take the conversation there went unheeded, and I unloaded on him.

In Segue's case, it might have been that some of his infamous spamming was unwanted in a particular thread and he didn't pick up on hints to tone it down, so people let fly. Just speculating here.

Goose, with all due respect to Segue (my fellow Bruce fan), I think you just summed it up perfectly.

• Like 1

I've been reading this thread and trying to decide what I wanted to say. I would agree that between a lot of the members there is a camaraderie and for the most part they stick up for each other. But now and then people will show up here and throw a wrench in the works. It has surprised me more than once that more people don't stick up for someone who is getting bullied. They say things like grow a thicker skin or get over it or something similar. But also it's sometimes hard to distinguish what someone really means when it's only text and you can't see their facial expressions or hear the way they say it.

I didn't know anything was going on either but then I haven't been here that much in the last couple of weeks.

I figured you got sick of the place and were taking a break. :LOL: I noticed you weren't around a lot but I always remind myself that people have a life outside of this forum.

We did have company visiting from out of state for a few days but it just seemed like there wasn't much going on here since the tour ended.

Plenty going on in SOCN. :LOL:

I wouldn't know. I've never gained access to that section of the forum.

Smart move.

• Like 2

I don't know how to be a bystander here and do like others. Just pop in, post in the spam section, wish an occasional HB or HA or whatever, vote occasionally in a poll, and go back to playing their online games.

But I think they have the right idea. I can't do it though. I've never been good at being on the edge of something. I'm either in or out.

• Like 2

I don't know how to be a bystander here and do like others. Just pop in, post in the spam section, wish an occasional HB or HA or whatever, vote occasionally in a poll, and go back to playing their online games.

But I think they have the right idea. I can't do it though. I've never been good at being on the edge of something. I'm either in or out.

There is no "right idea" other than enjoying yourself (without harming others of course) online in whatever form that may be.

• Like 1

It's all about Maiden today in TRF!!!!

What do you think of the new album?

I like her Harry...I like her A LOT!!!

Pretty sweet, what I've heard so far. I love the 3rd track!
  • Like 1

For some reason, these Moodies' lyrics just popped into my head. They seem appropriate here. After everything that happened yesterday (not only online but in pms as well), I won't be the same again on TRF.

:musicnote: We're living in a land of make-believe

And trying not to let it show

Maybe in this land of make-believe

Heartaches can turn into joy :musicnote:

It's all about Maiden today in TRF!!!!

What do you think of the new album?

I like her Harry...I like her A LOT!!!

Pretty sweet, what I've heard so far. I love the 3rd track!

It's on deck for my listening pleasure.

I'm in the middle of a Black Sabbath marathon first.

Rock on!

Some memorable birthdays being celebrated.

Satchmo and Bathory. Bathory leaves his teens behind forever today. He turned twenty. Poor kid. We should all stay nineteen forever. ;) :cool:

An Enemy Without turned 103 today. :unsure:

And Goobietoobie made one post and forever left TRF three years ago ago. Happy 3rd to him!

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Satchmo and Bathory. Bathory leaves his teens behind forever today. He turned twenty. Poor kid. We should all stay nineteen forever. ;) :cool:

Yep our boy is all grown up now... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Yep our boy is all grown up now... :LOL:

Seems like only yesterday he was in high school goofing off all day in class posting on TRF. :LOL:

• Like 1

I found a new band today - one that even Narpski will enjoy. They're called Vintage Trouble, and blew my mind on the very first listen!

Old school real music I am guessing?... :)
  • Like 1