The TRF Daily Log

Lorraine

I think what is going on is that people think the band is over. At least with the last tour they said they were only taking a year or so off. I think people are still in depression about it. I can tell that my Facebook feed and groups that I'm in have been really slow as well.
  • Like 2

Yeah, I´m trying to see the positive side of it...this will be a much needed boost to change things around a bit. I must admit I was planning to quit for a while, and the good thing about them taking that step is that I get a severance package. And even quitting would be tough...most of my friends work there, and a lot of them menioned today how much they admired me, how much I´ve helped, and how much I´ll be missed in the day to day. But yeah, life goes on, and I´m sure this is an important door that´s getting opened for bigger things.

I believe that everything that life hands you is an opportunity for you to make of what you will. I have no doubts this will lead to great things for you, Rod!

:cheers:

• Like 3

I think what is going on is that people think the band is over. At least with the last tour they said they were only taking a year or so off. I think people are still in depression about it. I can tell that my Facebook feed and groups that I'm in have been really slow as well.

The band having no future plans right now certainly factors into this forum not being as active. That always happens around here for a bit after the band stops touring though. But at least during those down periods, we knew there would be some album/tour news coming at some point, now not so much. With the band possibly retiring, there are a lot of people you won't see around anymore since they only show up to talk about the latest tour/album. This place has gotten quieter recently but it's nowhere near as bad as other dying forums i've seen on the internet. This place will still be around for awhile longer.

If the Rush sections are dead, there is usually stuff happening in music of the spheres. That section keeps this board alive when Rush isn't doing anything.

• Like 1

The band having no future plans right now certainly factors into this forum not being as active. That always happens around here for a bit after the band stops touring though. But at least during those down periods, we knew there would be some album/tour news coming at some point, now not so much. With the band possibly retiring, there are a lot of people you won't see around anymore since they only show up to talk about the latest tour/album. This place has gotten quieter recently but it's nowhere near as bad as other dying forums i've seen on the internet. This place will still be around for awhile longer.

If the Rush sections are dead, there is usually stuff happening in music of the spheres. That section keeps this board alive when Rush isn't doing anything.

http://makeameme.org/media/created/Tick-Tock-Clarice.jpg

This place will still be around for awhile longer.

I sure hope so. The best forum I've ever been a part of, and for five years. Met plenty of fun people to converse with here!

And something as trivial as "Rush retirement" doesn't stop TRF!

• Like 2

There are other forums on the Internet? :blink:

:huh:

• Like 2

For the intrepid and thick skinned...

http://fronterahouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Letter-S-Logo-Superman.gifhttp://ih0.redbubble.net/image.14013136.4878/fc,220x200,creme.u2.jpghttp://s3.amazonaws.com/EmbroideryCom/images/131000/131500/131544.gifhttp://graffiti-alphabet-letters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Letters-With-N-Design-Tattoo-3.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Didn't Neil just recently become a citizen? I remember reading about it but wasn't sure when it was.

Yes, he became a citizen; how recently though, I am not sure. I do know that I, too, recently read about it, but don't ask me where.

My comment was meant in jest anyway. I don't think he needs to collect social security, do you? :cool:

Didn't Neil just recently become a citizen? I remember reading about it but wasn't sure when it was.

Yes, he became a citizen; how recently though, I am not sure. I do know that I, too, recently read about it, but don't ask me where.

My comment was meant in jest anyway. I don't think he needs to collect social security, do you? :cool:

No, but it just reminded me of that. I just looked it up. It was this year.

Edited by EagleMoon

He probably will though, the curmudgeonly old bastard! :LOL:

• Like 1

It's astonishing, they're dying everywhere. The times they are indeed a-changin'. Be very grateful for this one :cosmo:

• Like 2

It's astonishing, they're dying everywhere. The times they are indeed a-changin'. Be very grateful for this one :cosmo:

Steevo, are you just talking about Rush forums, or forums in general aren't doing well? If the latter, I agree. I've noticed too that all of the ones that I would look in on haven't been doing well for a while now. I don't know what's happened, if people are just tired of them, or what.

That's fine if you are into every band known to mankind. But some of us older folks aren't.

And even when there is a discussion about something we do know, why bother posting an opinion only to be told it's wrong? :LOL:

• Like 2

That's fine if you are into every band known to mankind. But some of us older folks aren't.

And even when there is a discussion about something we do know, why bother posting an opinion only to be told it's wrong? :LOL:

Somewhere in cyberspace, bathory & fraroc just got kicked in the nuts!

• Like 1

:cheerleader: ... :madra:
  • Like 1

Steevo, are you just talking about Rush forums, or forums in general aren't doing well? If the latter, I agree. I've noticed too that all of the ones that I would look in on haven't been doing well for a while now. I don't know what's happened, if people are just tired of them, or what.

Other forums in general. From what I know for Rush there is nothing that comes close to TRF. They've also worked very hard here to make the design as fun and interactive as possible. If you know of another that can match it lmk.

TBH if it wasn't for MOTS and all the variety that Rush fans listen to or can introduce new stuff there would be very little reason to come back here. No getting away from it though, the numbers are shrinking on here unfortunately.

• Like 1

Other forums in general. From what I know for Rush there is nothing that comes close to TRF. They've also worked very hard here to make the design as fun and interactive as possible. If you know of another that can match it lmk.

TBH if it wasn't for MOTS and all the variety that Rush fans listen to or can introduce new stuff there would be very little reason to come back here. No getting away from it though, the numbers are shrinking on here unfortunately.

I always said this interweb was just another Pet Rock. Just a matter of time... :codger:
  • Like 2

This is the only Rush forum that I am on, and I'm not on Facebook.

• Like 1