The TRF Daily Log

Lorraine

Come back Segue!!!

We need someone to bake a festive cupcake for Narps' 25000 Epic Posts

celebration!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: .... :yes:

Hell, yeah, we need your special cupcakes!! :D

Just want to add that it is hard to be respectful when someone is disrespectful of you.

True.

In that case, though, I would just vacate the premises (and have before), instead of taking the bait. If I really let something get to me, in the heat of the moment, I'm liable to turn it into a crime scene :P ...and that's no good.

Just wondering something and what you all think. Maybe I am looking at it wrong.

If you are someone's friend, would you side against that person in public? Maybe I am the one who is wrong, but it seems to me that would go against loyalty. If you take issue with your friend, wouldn't you rather deal with it in private?

• Like 1

If you take issue with your friend, wouldn't you rather deal with it in private?

Yes.

If I disagree with a friend and it would be blind-siding that friend to say so in public, I certainly wouldn't do that. It should be in private.

• Like 2

If you take issue with your friend, wouldn't you rather deal with it in private?

Yes.

If I disagree with a friend and it would be blind-siding that friend to say so in public, I certainly wouldn't do that. It should be in private.

Thank you. I wouldn't side against the person in public either. I thought maybe I had the wrong idea about loyalty and friendship.

Yes.

Sadly, that doesn't happen here.

I've that very thing happen to me.

I just chalked it up to people being people coming at things from a different perspective.

At first, I was like "hey!", then I realized that like myself, no one is perfect.

I forgive the person who intentionally, or unintentionally hurt my feelings and move on.

It's a community and there will always be disagreements that will arise.

People will make statements that others don't agree with and respond as they see fit.

That is where people's feathers get out of sorts.

Then rather than let it slide it becomes a major issue.

All people are different, that's what makes life interesting.

• Like 1

How do you know it's unintentional?

"Let it slide" is so easy to say.

You mean what happened to me?

I just didn't want to hold a grudge.

I left for a month to think it over.

It isn't easy to say "let it slide", it was a deliberate choice on my part.

Everyone is wired different, of course, but when people I thought were "my friend" "sided" against me with snide and condescending replies I made a choice not to be overly offended.

Everyone is wired different, of course, but when people I thought were "my friend" "sided" against me with snide and condescending replies I made a choice not to be overly offended.

You're right, we are all wired different. And we all have had different experiences with "friends" - some can't let it slide so easy anymore. Have you ever been punched in the same place often? What happens? You can't tolerate anyone even merely touching let alone punching you again in the same spot.

I guess my point is if someone has the ability to let it slide, or doesn't think it's so important, or can shrug their shoulders at life, others can't.

• Like 1

You're right, we are all wired different. And we all have had different experiences with "friends" - some can't let it slide so easy anymore. Have you ever been punched in the same place often? What happens? You can't tolerate anyone even merely touching let alone punching you again in the same spot.

I guess my point is if someone has the ability to let it slide, or doesn't think it's so important, or can shrug their shoulders at life, others can't.

Yeah, pretty much all of my life feels like that.

Much like the line in the Pink Floyd song...

I gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused

Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used

Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this maze?

Deaf, dumb, and blind, you just keep on pretending

That everyone's expendable and no-one has a real friend

• Like 2

I forgive the person who intentionally, or unintentionally hurt my feelings and move on.

this is a very beautiful thing, my friend.. :ebert: it's awesome of you to look at it this way...

Thank so very much, I really appreciate your kind words.

I've been reading this thread and trying to decide what I wanted to say. I would agree that between a lot of the members there is a camaraderie and for the most part they stick up for each other. But now and then people will show up here and throw a wrench in the works. It has surprised me more than once that more people don't stick up for someone who is getting bullied. They say things like grow a thicker skin or get over it or something similar. But also it's sometimes hard to distinguish what someone really means when it's only text and you can't see their facial expressions or hear the way they say it.
  • Like 5

I've been reading this thread and trying to decide what I wanted to say. I would agree that between a lot of the members there is a camaraderie and for the most part they stick up for each other. But now and then people will show up here and throw a wrench in the works. It has surprised me more than once that more people don't stick up for someone who is getting bullied. They say things like grow a thicker skin or get over it or something similar. But also it's sometimes hard to distinguish what someone really means when it's only text and you can't see their facial exp<b></b>ressions or hear the way they say it.

Well said. :)

• Like 1

Just wondering something and what you all think. Maybe I am looking at it wrong.

If you are someone's friend, would you side against that person in public? Maybe I am the one who is wrong, but it seems to me that would go against loyalty. If you take issue with your friend, wouldn't you rather deal with it in private?

What situation in regards to siding are you talking about exactly?

I've been reading this thread and trying to decide what I wanted to say. I would agree that between a lot of the members there is a camaraderie and for the most part they stick up for each other. But now and then people will show up here and throw a wrench in the works. It has surprised me more than once that more people don't stick up for someone who is getting bullied. They say things like grow a thicker skin or get over it or something similar. But also it's sometimes hard to distinguish what someone really means when it's only text and you can't see their facial expressions or hear the way they say it.

If I knew Segue was getting picked on real bad, I would have stuck up for him. I had no clue anything was going on and where on the board it happened :(

I had nothing in particular in mind. Many times on here I have watched someone with an unpopular opinion get piled on. That's bad enough, but then someone who is their friend, joins in.

The reason why I posted what I did here is explained in a subsequent post. I wanted to know if I was wrong in how I viewed an aspect of friendship.

I've been reading this thread and trying to decide what I wanted to say. I would agree that between a lot of the members there is a camaraderie and for the most part they stick up for each other. But now and then people will show up here and throw a wrench in the works. It has surprised me more than once that more people don't stick up for someone who is getting bullied. They say things like grow a thicker skin or get over it or something similar. But also it's sometimes hard to distinguish what someone really means when it's only text and you can't see their facial exp<b></b>ressions or hear the way they say it.

If I knew Segue was getting picked on real bad, I would have stuck up for him. I had no clue anything was going on and where on the board it happened :(

I didn't know anything was going on either but then I haven't been here that much in the last couple of weeks.

I didn't know anything was going on either but then I haven't been here that much in the last couple of weeks.

I figured you got sick of the place and were taking a break. :LOL: I noticed you weren't around a lot but I always remind myself that people have a life outside of this forum.

• Like 1

I figured you got sick of the place and were taking a break. :LOL: I noticed you weren't around a lot but I always remind myself that people have a life outside of this forum.

We did have company visiting from out of state for a few days but it just seemed like there wasn't much going on here since the tour ended.

• Like 1

I had nothing in particular in mind. Many times on here I have watched someone with an unpopular opinion get piled on. That's bad enough, but then someone who is their friend, joins in.

The reason why I posted what I did here is explained in a subsequent post. I wanted to know if I was wrong in how I viewed an aspect of friendship.

I understand now. Thanks for explaining.

• Like 1

Segue has established this bigger than life persona on TRF, which brings a lot of fun and silliness to the place. The downside is that he doesn't always know when to tone it down. I'm guessing the situation might have something to do with Music of the Spheres, but that's neither here nor there. This is the Net, and there are times when things get heated, when one person is trying to send a message and the other person doesn't get it, so one person makes things clear in no certain terms. My recent exchange with Lucas comes to mind, when he was posting politically-charged material outside of SOCN and more subtle requests to take the conversation there went unheeded, and I unloaded on him.

In Segue's case, it might have been that some of his infamous spamming was unwanted in a particular thread and he didn't pick up on hints to tone it down, so people let fly. Just speculating here.

• Like 2

We did have company visiting from out of state for a few days but it just seemed like there wasn't much going on here since the tour ended.

Plenty going on in SOCN. :LOL:
  • Like 1